Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Sep 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3928663)   #76
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a Corvette Grand Sport aswell.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3928669)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are very few running. I believe it's due to the gearbox. If you want to run App K then you can't use the later box.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3928678)   #78
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Maybe a Corvette Grand Sport aswell.

Aren't they still very heavy though?, lots of power would be great but stopping the heavy weight cars with "Period" brakes would be a nightmare, I would have thought???.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3928700)   #79
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure a Corvette Grand Sport is eligible nowadays......

Griffiths weak link for a 6hr race is it’s brakes, so I’m told. Modest discs on front and drums rear.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3928710)   #80
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say as back in 2013 or around that time there was a White Grandsport that was able to run in amongst them .Run by a dutch crew.
Would be a shame if not allowed anymore.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3928714)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it's the one I think it is, it was disqualified because it wasn't App K. The same team ran that NASCAR Falcon one year.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3928742)   #82
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Correct. That car was a new built copy of the original, of which only 5 were made and never homologated.

Not raced by the factory as they cancelled their race program. 3 were sold to privateers and did some racing in the US, the other two were converted to open top and put in museums....

I’ve no idea whether any copies (think more than one) have HTPs, and if they do, whether the classification is GT Prototype, which it should be.

No doubt if Duddha reads this he may know more!
Old 18 Sep 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3928743)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I was going to mention hom9logagsgsgg but couldn5 spell it!
Old 18 Sep 2019, 20:43 (Ref:3928751)   #84
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
If it's the one I think it is, it was disqualified because it wasn't App K. The same team ran that NASCAR Falcon one year.
and do still run a couple of Grandsports in the NKHTGT series along with some Masters races. Do look and sound nice,very brutish look.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 05:00 (Ref:3928798)   #85
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
When they run in Masters it is as invited NKHTGT entries. So they may comply with that series regs, but not necessarily others.....

Yes, they look the part, but have very little in common with a Corvette! More a front engined, space frame prototype with Corvette style body..... Would go down a storm in Modsports / Super Saloons!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 19 Sep 2019 at 05:05.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 05:32 (Ref:3928800)   #86
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Could be another wet Spa 6 hour .
Old 19 Sep 2019, 06:18 (Ref:3928808)   #87
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Cars in the 6 hours but major race is on Friday with the Pre War Sports jobs.
We have Alta and Talbot so should be interesting with specials winning then the real cars.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 07:25 (Ref:3928814)   #88
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Cars in the 6 hours but major race is on Friday with the Pre War Sports jobs.
We have Alta and Talbot so should be interesting with specials winning then the real cars.
Dont be daft John, the real race is to see who can get their massive truck parked outside the new pits at the top! I imagine the race will start on monday for some
Old 19 Sep 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3928817)   #89
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We are down the bottom
Much classier types down there with superior cars!
Masters of nothing!
Old 19 Sep 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3928831)   #90
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well John you will pleased to know we shall be running the Bradley Ulster . See you next week .👍
Old 19 Sep 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3928832)   #91
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Our super dooper brake pads have arrived from Japan today . Thanks Jason .
Old 19 Sep 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3928861)   #92
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

But no junior Bradley!!?
Old 19 Sep 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3928870)   #93
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Enjoy the races lads and hopefully you don't hit any problems. I always looked forward to this particular meeting and had some brilliant results over the years.
However the sun is still shining down here and we didn't suffer from any of the floods that affected either side of us
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Sep 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3928882)   #94
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
But no junior Bradley!!?
He has been called back by Nissan.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3928884)   #95
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Enjoy the races lads and hopefully you don't hit any problems. I always looked forward to this particular meeting and had some brilliant results over the years.
However the sun is still shining down here and we didn't suffer from any of the floods that affected either side of us
Yes we miss the sight of the "purple people eater" going through Eau Rouge.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3928904)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Could be another wet Spa 6 hour .
Just checked BBC and rain every day.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3928918)   #97
Willmaz223
Veteran

Sadly won't be going to this one as my dad is working at the moment.

Hopefully a couple more meetings for me to visit this year at least.

Cannot wait to go to Spa one day. Will be a dream accomplished .
Old 19 Sep 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3928919)   #98
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Junior Bradley was due to share Elva GT160 in 6 hour.
Pays better with Nissan! Zero to something!
Old 19 Sep 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3928963)   #99
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Are you dusting of your race overalls then John . 👍
Old 19 Sep 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3928966)   #100
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Luckily for them I don’t fit in thing but James Hansen will do a good job
It’s that or Pizzas all round by 8
I gave up this driving stuff years ago when Jimmy Diffey and Grumpy lapped me twice at Spa in a hour race. Annoyed that me in my car was passed by two of my cars.They won and I was tenth.
Caused a bit of bother at end of race as both of them drove the winner and second swapping seats half way through at pit stop.
Obviously Jimmy led the riot on the rostrum swapping steps from first to second whilst anthem was playing.