Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3930781)   #51
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect if Russell experienced a brake failure (certainly looked like it) while trundling round slowly they would be very concerned about the other car. It's a hot day, and the slower pace can mean heat soak causes things to get a bit wonky with the lower airflow.

We'll see later on, no doubt.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3930782)   #52
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Why didn't Ferrari let Vettel drive back to the pits? He was two turns away.
If it causes more damage then it may be a replacement engine/unit/thing and give grid penalties later.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3930783)   #53
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Why didn't Ferrari let Vettel drive back to the pits? He was two turns away.
To save the rest of the powertrain from eating itself, perhaps?
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3930784)   #54
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If it causes more damage then it may be a replacement engine/unit/thing and give grid penalties later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
To save the rest of the powertrain from eating itself, perhaps?
Same page!
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3930786)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Potentially a future grid penalty, or lose the race. Tough choice.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3930787)   #56
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full credit to the commentators for enthusiastically trying to dress up a turd.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3930789)   #57
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Full credit to the commentators for enthusiastically trying to dress up a turd.
I'm quite enjoying this one, as it goes, but that might be because I don't get to watch them very often these days.

We've overtaking, contact, spins, crashes, strategy cock ups, mechanical failures and a heap of overtaking down the field. I'm not 100% sure what F1 needs to provide to improve, unless you're a fan of unicorns.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3930790)   #58
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Im enjoying this race and will enjoy it more of Lec can get past Bottas. He is really taking too long.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3930793)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm enjoying it. The mess Ferrari got themselves into certainly added something.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3930794)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm enjoying it. The mess Ferrari got themselves into certainly added something.
I thought it was a huge subtraction. We had a potential lead battle between the Ferraris to a top 4 that looks set in stone unfortunately.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3930796)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I thought it was a huge subtraction. We had a potential lead battle between the Ferraris to a top 4 that looks set in stone unfortunately.
I found it quite intriguing and was wondering how Ferrari were going to extricate themselves, from their predicament.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3930797)   #62
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leclerc's over-driving now. Bit ragged, going backwards in relation to Bottas. Calm down, young man!
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3930798)   #63
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Merc lucked into that one, but *applause* for doing so.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:55 (Ref:3930799)   #64
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Hamilton and Mercedes. They got lucky with the VSC and that's how it goes sometimes but they also had the better strategy.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3930801)   #65
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I also think the better strategy...given how Bottas kept CL behind him i have to assume Bottas would have also been able to keep both CL and SV (had he not had a failure) behind him....plus the Ferraris would have been in the mediums.

Luck but Merc played it well. Fun little race.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3930872)   #66
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm quite enjoying this one, as it goes, but that might be because I don't get to watch them very often these days.

We've overtaking, contact, spins, crashes, strategy cock ups, mechanical failures and a heap of overtaking down the field. I'm not 100% sure what F1 needs to provide to improve, unless you're a fan of unicorns.
Not having the utter BS pit under VSC rule, the entire point was to neutralize the field. It was hammered in at the introduction that they want to maintain the gaps built in the race and yet I don't think we've ever seen one do that. Every other series slams the pit door at the yellow, often to the detriment of teams trying to go long, but you know the risk. They add more and more safety rules but allow this BS? It's a joke and makes F1 look like they really don't care. Every time a VSC comes out, ignoring those within a few laps of previous SC/VSC or the start, we see a team dive in for the "free" stop. Yes, you've rolled the dice hoping but it's a crap allowance. It's a matter of time before someone tries the Crashgate crap again, the money is too big to not. And the teams are too attached to the manufacturer subsidy to resist if asked. Not that I don't trust team managers, oh not wait, I definitely don't trust a single one of them for a second.

Sadly I think the bosses actually don't care about long term and want it to collapse. They want full control back and to make Liberty's investment junk, cause it sure as hell isn't going to grow.

Up until the VSC the race was good and competitive. That took every bit out of it and there was NO chance Leclerc was getting by Bottas, zero.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3930910)   #67
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A good race but as usual something always happens to spoil things but VSC helped further down the list to close things up
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3930918)   #68
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I understand Ferrari wanting to swap the cars, but it's way too early for that and the gap isn't big enough. And they should know that. The drivers shouldn't have to be the ones to talk sense.
Not sure I understand it. A quid-pro-quo for Singapore is the only reason I can think of. But Seb, predictably, outdragged Charles at the start thanks to a colossal tow, and there are no championships at stake here. Let them RACE, for God's sake...
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3930919)   #69
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hamilton's whining about how fast the Ferrari's are but he's gradually catching Leclerc.
He wasn't 'whining' about it, merely pointing it out. Let's have a little more balance here...
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3930922)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
He wasn't 'whining' about it, merely pointing it out. Let's have a little more balance here...
That's what one of the commentators on Radio 5 Live said, so I echoed it. It wasn't the first time Hamilton merely pointed it out.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3930926)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah well, I'm sure those who were 'concerned' about it will soon get over it.....

Entertaining race on highlights only for me. A simple case of what comes around goes around.

Worth watching for Alex Albon alone.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3930931)   #72
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Every other series slams the pit door at the yellow, often to the detriment of teams trying to go long, but you know the risk.
No, they don't. There are huge numbers of series that allow pit stops under safety car or FCY conditions, but you're obviously not watching them.

Other than that, you sound a bit sore. Would you like some ointment?
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3930932)   #73
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That's what one of the commentators on Radio 5 Live said, so I echoed it. It wasn't the first time Hamilton merely pointed it out.
Didn’t come across as whining one bit.

In other news, a week after Vettel commenting that no one person is bigger than the team, after he benefited from Ferrari strategy in Singapore, he today disobeyed team orders and tried to make himself bigger than the team.

I quite enjoyed ferrari slapping him down by switching the cars in the pits....shame about the mechanical issues, I was looking forward to the fight on track.

Interesting to see how they proceed. With Vettel 128 points behind with only 130 left, and Leclerc still chasing second in the championship, will Vettel play wing man to Charles, as Kimi has had to do to Vettel in the past?
Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3930935)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe, but he'll still spit in Charles' coffee beforehand......
Old 29 Sep 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3930973)   #75
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Vettel for once scored no points thanks to the car rather than him for once. Shame that then triggered the VSC which blew the race for Charles

The RBRs were worth watching for their move through the field, Max’s move on Checo must be the best of the season. No DRS, just sheer skill round the outside of a medium speed corner