Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Jul 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2931237)   #1
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CSCC - Cadwell Park

Disappointing turn out on Sunday partially due to Silverstone (yes I spotted you CSCC guys that were there, you can take the stickers off but I know who you are )

Still we had stunning weather which in turn led to good track temps and as we all know that means 'loads of grip'. Not much fun for a photographer when there are between 6 and 12 cars in a grid as the shots all tend to start to look 'samey' but here are a few anyway

Nice to have the sun but man was it harsh!

You can see the whole gallery here: http://www.davidstallardphotography....374630_vVMcNN8

Thanks for looking.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 26 Jul 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2931247)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done, David. Yes, I'm afraid the Classic would have kept many of us away from the lovely Cadwell. Was it John in the Sabre Six?
Old 26 Jul 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2931252)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good grief, an E-Type!

I thought all the E's ever built (and a few more) were at Silverstone either on track or in the club displays.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 10:48 (Ref:2931261)   #4
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys,

John: it was indeed John L in the Sabre 6

grantp: yep an e Type, I was surprised to see two of them there as well, my wife and I did Silverstone on the Friday, I covered trackside and she covered the pit's and infield - may put a few of the shots up later if your not all sick to death of them yet

.DAVID.

Old 26 Jul 2011, 11:52 (Ref:2931281)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
if your not all sick to death of them yet
Certainly not, David!
Old 26 Jul 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2931332)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks guys,

John: it was indeed John L in the Sabre 6

grantp: yep an e Type, I was surprised to see two of them there as well, my wife and I did Silverstone on the Friday, I covered trackside and she covered the pit's and infield - may put a few of the shots up later if your not all sick to death of them yet

.DAVID.
Hmm.

There was a rumour that they were going for 800 E-Types on track concurrently at the Silverstone parade. However I'm fairly sure I heard an announcement on the public address that they had only counted 798.

I presume that the two lost to Cadwell will be excommunicated forthwith.

Old 26 Jul 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2931381)   #7
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Disappointing turn out on Sunday partially due to Silverstone (yes I spotted you CSCC guys that were there, you can take the stickers off but I know who you are )

.DAVID.
Lack of finance meant we couldn't do Cadwell which is a real shame as I love the circuit but every year it seems to clash with something or other. We'll be back at Anglesey though
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 26 Jul 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2931473)   #8
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
Real shame as there seems to be a distinct lack of V8's this season although the Sunbeam V8 does make a beautiful sound. . . .

See you at Anglesey in a few weeks time

.DAVID.