Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum > Marshals Needed

Old 18 Apr 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1588081)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marshals needed sub-forum

The more observant among you have already spotted that a sub forum has appeared where events requiring marshals are shown in calendar form. All of the events previously shown here as hot topics have been added and the relevent threads unstuck.

Should you wish to add an event, simply go to the calendar and post away. While we're getting used to the new layout, please free to start a thread drawing attention to the new entry as well, although in the longer term this should not be necessary

If all marshals could get into the habit of checking the calendar before agreeing to go to the DIY shop/mother-in-laws/away on holiday there'll be a lot more happy Chief Marshals about!

Any comments or suggestions welcome. Of course, don't forget http://www.marshals.org.uk/ for a fuller resource of marshalling dates.

Chris

Last edited by Woolley; 18 Apr 2006 at 22:40.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 02:44 (Ref:1588236)   #2
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This should be a very popular (sub) forum..thanks for the initiative.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1588341)   #3
jim69
Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you ad an evaent, I have tried and it wont let me?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 06:49 (Ref:1588345)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim69
How do you ad an evaent, I have tried and it wont let me?
Argh, I'd left the default permissions in for testing rather than opening it up. Try again now.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1588450)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey, even I have worked out how to use it......
Old 19 Apr 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1588458)   #6
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Mr Woolley!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1588664)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey77
Nice one Mr Woolley!
I can take no credit for it, this is courtesy of EP and MagnetOn, and we hope it will complement Julian's excellent on-line volunteering website.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1589054)   #8
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I spotted that earlier and thought what an excellent idea. Thanks to EP and MagnetON. Hopefully I'll not have need for it this year
Old 19 Apr 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1589076)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just posted something on behalf of the BRSCC NW Centre regarding the Anglesey meeting on 30th April

Nice work EP & MagnetON
Old 19 Apr 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1589080)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anything that we can do to make it easier to work out which events take place on which weekends we consider a good thing!
Old 20 Apr 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1589470)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hey no thanks required folks, we're marshals too remember! But glad you like it

The main point is that we need people to use it. This is a popular forum for CMs and others to let marshals know of events that they may not have in their standard calendar, but we were concerned that the pleas were starting to take over the forum and there were so many that people were having difficulty keeping track of what was happening where.

The calendar should provide a nice, quick overview of what's going on in any given month.

We'd encourage as many people as possible to post events to the calendar.

The calender is there for any event that requires marshals, regardless of format or country. So let's see some kart and bike events in there! Let's see some rally events! Let's see non-UK events!

One thing I would encourage is that you make sure you provide volunteering details in the event.

If you're listed with Julian's wonderful "online volunteering" site, then put a link to that. If you are not (and why not! ), then put in the necessary contact details for anyone that wants to volunteer.

An ideal format would be:

(date)
Event name
Circuit name
Chief Marshal name
Contact details or link to online volunteering option
Sign on times
Any special instructions

We really hope that this is going to be a valuable resource to our members.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1589478)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Just please restrict the "Title" entry to just the circuit and (if applicable) the organising club. There's no need to put the dates in the title.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1589963)   #13
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, I was about to put my brithday on it!!!!

Great idea, I found it yesterday, I must be made of observer stuff!!!
Old 20 Apr 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1590016)   #14
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Used this today to put on the Lawnmower 12hr. Had no problems. I did this from the middle of the North Sea.
Thanks guys and gals.
Rich Sneader.
ARRC Medic.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1590134)   #15
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Just please restrict the "Title" entry to just the circuit and (if applicable) the organising club. There's no need to put the dates in the title.

Oops! That'll be me then!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1594080)   #16
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Hey no thanks required folks, we're marshals too remember! But glad you like it
The main point is that we need people to use it.

The calender is there for any event that requires marshals, regardless of format or country. .......................... Let's see non-UK events!

We really hope that this is going to be a valuable resource to our members.
Given you a non-UK event Teri, and promptly found a "bug"
Put in times as per mountain time, checked mountain time, and the page promptly tells me we are starting at tea time and finishing in the early hours.

Also can you edit it? I mistakenly included Monday 24th July, which of course is the day we all fly home.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1595502)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
I've changed the way this works a bit, I've added a nice modification that turns allows it to act as a "real" sub-forum. Now if you go into that forum and click "New Thread" it allows you to fill in the title and the date and the details of the event, it then creates a calendar entry AND starts a new thread for discussion in the sub-forum.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1597374)   #18
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Sneader
Had no problems. I did this from the middle of the North Sea.
Thanks guys and gals.
Rich Sneader.
ARRC Medic.
Not many cars or lawnmowers in the middle of the North Sea, (unless another container ship has lost its cargo).
Old 10 May 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1604960)   #19
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I sufferring from a mental block. I tried to add a thread and it rejected me. I know the idea of 750MC being short of marshals these days is unbelievable, but it is Donington this weekend (enough said).

If my profile needs an extra tick, can someone do it?
Old 10 May 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1604963)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
Am I sufferring from a mental block. I tried to add a thread and it rejected me. I know the idea of 750MC being short of marshals these days is unbelievable, but it is Donington this weekend (enough said).

If my profile needs an extra tick, can someone do it?
What (if any) messages did you get back?
Old 10 May 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1605517)   #21
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Quote:
What (if any) messages did you get back?
Peter Harding, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 11 May 2006, 06:15 (Ref:1605635)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Peter: Try again now.
Old 11 May 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1606060)   #23
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Quote:
Peter: Try again now.
Yep - that works now - thanks
Old 28 Jun 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1643627)   #24
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone fancy marshalling at Ty Croes on saturday 1st July? Warrington Motor Club are running the Enville Stages there this coming weekend and there is a shortage of marshals for saturday. Signing on is 9am at the latest so they can get underway. If anyone is interested in going, don't worry about not having a ticket for entry as a member of WDMC will be at the gate to make sure any marshals who just turn up will get in. Contact Peter Naylor, club chairman if there are any problems getting in.07931 658874 is his mobile. Or if you can let him know asap if you can help either saturday or sunday.