Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 Nov 2001, 03:44 (Ref:178357)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jeff Gordon says that Robby Gordon....

should be embarrassed how he won today. Agree or disagree?
Old 24 Nov 2001, 04:02 (Ref:178361)   #2
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's very civil of Jeff to say that!

I'm sure he probably felt like running down the pit-lane to whack him,
but Jeff doesn't do things that damages the sport!
Old 24 Nov 2001, 04:09 (Ref:178362)   #3
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. If you can't win by racing clean, why bother? Anybody can wreck a car. But then again, who better than "Robby the Wrecker", as a friend on mine calls him, to know that?
Old 24 Nov 2001, 12:43 (Ref:178438)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
PPPFFFFF ....

sounds like a sore loser to me.

it was a plain and simple accident in my books and Im thrilled that Robby won ...about time too.

it wasnt the best way for the race to end but I dont think it was deliberate but thats just my opinion and I am sure plenty of others think that it was deliberate and Robby should be banned or flogged or something like that...who cares really jeff has won the championship so missing out on one race wont hurt him that much.

But again well done Robby ...

Preparing for barage of insults that are sure to come flying my way
Old 24 Nov 2001, 17:24 (Ref:178497)   #5
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He should be embarrassed, but then nothing embarrasses Robby. I would suggest to him that he watch his back next year.
I was impressed by the statement Jeff made, even madder then hell he still knew how to behave in front of the cameras. His only regret about the shot he took at Robby, that earned him the one lap penalty, was that he did not put Robby out for good. I agree next time make sure you cut down a tire or something.

Last edited by Hans.ca; 24 Nov 2001 at 17:27.
Old 24 Nov 2001, 18:31 (Ref:178516)   #6
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may be wrong, but it did look to me like Jeff checked up to avoid Mike Wallace and then Robby drove into the back of him. It may be a case of Robby being unable (or not wanting) to avoid Jeff, therefore it becomes a 'racing incident.' I don't know if Robby should be embarrased, but when you win like that it makes it a hollow victory (IMO).
Old 24 Nov 2001, 18:45 (Ref:178522)   #7
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it's the best way to win a race, but it has become so universal among Nascar drivers these days that it has simply been accepted as all being part of the racing. he11 I'm sure nobody here forgets how Earnhardt won at bristol a few years back.
Old 24 Nov 2001, 19:22 (Ref:178534)   #8
43Fan
Rookie

43Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you go back and look at the tape, you will see that Jeff was lose
before Robby tapped him..As far as being embarrassed for winning that way, Guess Jeff will give back the wins that he has taken that way..

Bottom line is, Jeffy is just Nascar's POSTER BOY..
He thinks everyone should kiss his Valve Covers...
Old 25 Nov 2001, 01:08 (Ref:178604)   #9
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I don't know. The power was out at my house yesterday, and I was in bed asleep anyway, so I didn't see it. This flu is really an a$$ kicker, hope ya'll don't get it.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 02:18 (Ref:178615)   #10
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time for me to chime in. This is one of the reasons why I am not a big fan of Jeff Gordon. He uses the chrome horn on occasion and then whines when someone uses it on him. He has a short memory. He rammed Dale Jarrett three times at the same track several years ago just to move up one place (from 6th to 5th IIRC)on the final lap and then gets upset when someone does it to him for their first win. He also did the bump-and-run for the win on Rusty Wallace about four-five years ago at the Bristol spring race so was he embarrassed about that win? People race you like you race them the vast majority of the time. If Jeff wants to whine then he needs to join CART where whining is accepted. My 8 year old daugther says give him his binky and his bottle.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 25 Nov 2001 at 02:23.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 15:06 (Ref:179373)   #11
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Gordon wanted to win the title with a win at the race and he is mad because he did not. I remember him using the bumper to pass Dale Jarret quite a few times when DJ won his title and got all offended when Jarret objected. RG bumped him when JG checked up. It happens in every race to a lot more guys than just those two. NASCAR was right to blame it on hard racing. What JG did was chicken**** however. Go and tell him you don't appreciate it. Don't try to ram him deliberately on the track. JG had the chance to be the magnanimous champion and chose to be the bitter ***hole champion.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 15:28 (Ref:179375)   #12
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know what I like about NASCAR drivers the most? This sort of thing happens all the time, and *usually* by the next race, it's all forgotten, and they get back to the business at hand. Racing. These little spats rarely go on for more than a week or two, and most of the time it's just personality clashes, and not really anything serious.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 23:19 (Ref:179572)   #13
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to agree with you there Tim. These things usually do blow over very quickly - then everybody is just back to racing. The longest spat we've had recently was Rudd/Wallace - and that was only about 3 weeks (I think)!

This may seem wierd, but it kind of reminds me of John McEnroe in a way! He used to always spit the dummy on court (i.e. get mad and mouth off). This became a trademark of his because he was a fighter and was really passionate about his game. These guys are also extremely competitive, passionate and fighters - if they weren't, we probably wouldn't enjoy the racing so much!

Last edited by Emfa; 27 Nov 2001 at 23:22.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 08:25 (Ref:179666)   #14
Joe Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim B
You know what I like about NASCAR drivers the most? This sort of thing happens all the time, and *usually* by the next race, it's all forgotten, and they get back to the business at hand. Racing. These little spats rarely go on for more than a week or two, and most of the time it's just personality clashes, and not really anything serious.
They blow over temporarily but there will be a day that Robby and Jeff will be in opposite situations and you can bet that Jeff won't forget it. Drivers have a memories like elephants.