Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 30 Jun 2021, 06:24 (Ref:4058969)   #1
TheGreg
Rookie

TheGreg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who would you like to see from Indycar --> drive some IMSA

A lot of guys cross over Pagenaud, Rossi, Rahal, even Dixon.

But Newgarden doesn't and I'd love to see him do it.

But how about Power.

Power in one of those Caddy's ... wouldn't that be cool. Who would you like to see cross over?
Old 30 Jun 2021, 14:51 (Ref:4059035)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreg View Post
A lot of guys cross over Pagenaud, Rossi, Rahal, even Dixon.

But Newgarden doesn't and I'd love to see him do it.

But how about Power.

Power in one of those Caddy's ... wouldn't that be cool. Who would you like to see cross over?
Newgarden was close to a Daytona ride a couple years ago but it fell through. I would like to see Oward, Herta, Palou and Harvey have a chance in top level prototypes. I know Oward and Herta have run in lower classes previously, but seeing what they could do in DPi or Hypercar would be cool.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4059056)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The driving style is so different that they are very rarely the quick one in the car and the commitment needed to each series makes it tougher and tougher to do both well in the same season. Rather see the best drivers be given a chance to be the fastest in their series than another series have to be the marketing angle for IMSA.

It's bad enough with the Cup drivers at Daytona and the TV coverage they demand away from the actual race.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4059974)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's many IndyCar drivers at the IMSA enduros.

I'd rather see more IndyCar drivers at Le Mans and Nascar Xfinity.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4060005)   #5
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see more drivers to go to IndyCar.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4060008)   #6
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, I don't really follow IMSA.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 22:27 (Ref:4060226)   #7
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
To be honest, I don't really follow IMSA.
Wow your missing out. Sportscars is the only form of auto racing where my interest has increased as I have gotten older. And 99% of my ten tenths posts are there.

How can anybody like spec racing of NASCAR, F1, and yes Indycar anymore? Its boring. Even within sportscars this is a problem as LMP2 and LMP3 is quite boring and the cars are the same. GT racing is the best cause you do get manfacturer diversity there. Thankfully LMH and LMDH looks like have promise in that area too. Especially with the Peugoet reveal earlier today.

The better question is sportscar drivers to indycar? Felip Nasr and Kamui Kobayashi top the list for sure. Dane Cameron and the Taylor brothers too.

I think some of the GT vets could be great for NASCAR road races. Nick Tandy, Earl Bamber, and Antonio Garcia top my lists there.

Also would like to see Jimmie Johnson give IMSA a full time look when LMDH cars come in 2023. He has done fine with the DPI cars so far.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 05:01 (Ref:4060243)   #8
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Wow your missing out. Sportscars is the only form of auto racing where my interest has increased as I have gotten older. And 99% of my ten tenths posts are there.

How can anybody like spec racing of NASCAR, F1, and yes Indycar anymore? Its boring. Even within sportscars this is a problem as LMP2 and LMP3 is quite boring and the cars are the same. GT racing is the best cause you do get manfacturer diversity there. Thankfully LMH and LMDH looks like have promise in that area too. Especially with the Peugoet reveal earlier today.

The better question is sportscar drivers to indycar? Felip Nasr and Kamui Kobayashi top the list for sure. Dane Cameron and the Taylor brothers too.

I think some of the GT vets could be great for NASCAR road races. Nick Tandy, Earl Bamber, and Antonio Garcia top my lists there.

Also would like to see Jimmie Johnson give IMSA a full time look when LMDH cars come in 2023. He has done fine with the DPI cars so far.

You make some good points. The first professional road race event I attended was the 1981 Pabst 500 IMSA race at Road America and I was immediately attracted by the diversity of machinery on the track, the driver talent, and the quality of the teams involved. 40 years later (despite some lean years in the interim) IMSA's top level is still pretty interesting, as well as the GTLM class - even though there aren't many entries.

The racing in the Indycar series is as close as you could possibly hope for. I can't imagine anyone with an interest in racing describing it as boring. Yes it's a spec car series but perhaps at some point it could evolve to the point where that could change.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 02:08 (Ref:4060474)   #9
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
He's done as well as he has in IMSA only by riding his teammates coattails. He's been consistently 1+ secs/lap slower than them wherever he's run in IMSA.
He's not a road racer, 'never has been......usually going backwards from his starting position on road courses back in Cup cars. ('Pretty hard for him to do in IndyCar starting at the back in the first place).......
No animosity here, I was a fan of Jimmie's during his Cup years, just an honest observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
The racing in the Indycar series is as close as you could possibly hope for. I can't imagine anyone with an interest in racing describing it as boring. Yes it's a spec car series but perhaps at some point it could evolve to the point where that could change.
I'm one of those you can't imagine. Having racing of all kinds as my passion since I can remember (60+ years ago).....fandom and participation.
The racing in IndyCar is boring as week in and week out "good" racing (actually "close" is more accurate....."orchestrated" by the mandatory identical cars for the entertainment of the uninitiated) is meaningless as the aforementioned identical cars should be close and provide nought but a good "show".

jimclark