Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Oct 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4078430)   #176
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's interesting when you hear the potential PMR tie-in with BMR, which would probably involve a new build.

I can't see BMR taking on a TD Honda, having had so much success with builds of their own. Sutton would probably want a RWD machine if possible, but Plato had less success in RWD.

So - IF BMR and PMR form a partnership, what driver / car combo could they make work. Sutton would be in there, which would probably see Plato out - so Plato to BTC in a Honda then?

In all honesty, I can see a potential domino effect on the grid - some of which have been alluded to here already.

BMR / Laser Tools / HARD. alliance reaches and end.
TBLs that move include

Aiden Moffat holds 1x TBL, HARD. hold 4x TBL.
This forces the hand of HARD./Laser to revert to 2x 2-car teams.
One pair of Q50s driven by Aiden + Goff.
One pair of Cupras driven by ATS + Cook.

Boardley holds 2x TBLs, and BMR hold 1x TBL. This allows a 3-car team to be formed, but requires the backing of someone like PMR to fund the cars. So the combined BMR / PMR team enter a new build RWD car, driven by Sutton, Boardley and potentially Lloyd.

Plato moves to BTC, filling the seat vacated by Cook. He is joined by Proctor and Edwards.

This is all speculation, based on a few rumours here, mutterings from drivers on the grid and a bit of paddock grapevine.

In summary:
BTC - Honda - Plato, Proctor, Edwards
Laser Tools - Infiniti - Moffat, Goff
HARD. - Cupra - Taylor-Smith, Cook
BMR/PMR - new RWD - Boardley, Sutton, Lloyd
Hard have 3 TBL. If there are issues between LTR and HARD, then surely Aiden will go it alone again (maybe with Boardley too). Boardley has 2 TBL which he could continue to loan to Hard. Sutton and BMR can take their TBL to whoever - creating a 3 car BMR/PMR outfit would help spread the costs of a new car project....
Old 14 Oct 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4078431)   #177
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I get the feeling that the time of year has now arrived, where the input that nobody has asked for yet is vital to the thread.

Haters gonna hate, but here it is - the list!!!!

(If anyone has updates that I may have missed - particularly in terms of official press releases - please comment. And yes, I know that confirmed is only ever about as confirmed as Cammish was for 2021).
Rowbottom signed a 'multi-year' deal too so I think we can put him as confirmed.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4078448)   #178
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can soneone look up exact words ofthe homologation rule for particular models? Was it 6 years? Seeing as the Q50 first appeared in 2015 it could be due to become ineligible.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4078450)   #179
antnee
Veteran

The time limit is after the car has stopped being sold new in the UK market.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4078453)   #180
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Can soneone look up exact words ofthe homologation rule for particular models? Was it 6 years? Seeing as the Q50 first appeared in 2015 it could be due to become ineligible.
BMR homologated a revised design for the Q50 in January 2020.
Homologation requires the car to be on sale in UK showrooms at the time of homologation (they stopped selling them a few weeks later). The car is then eligible for up to 5 years after it is available in showrooms.

So the Q50 as homologated by BMR is eligible up until the start of the 2025 season.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4078479)   #181
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else clocked Bert Taylor’s pushing ‘Restart Racing’ BTCC2022 on his Instagram account?
Old 14 Oct 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4078502)   #182
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Anyone else clocked Bert Taylor’s pushing ‘Restart Racing’ BTCC2022 on his Instagram account?
Remember that in Dec 2020 he said:

"I've got a couple of offers on the table that I'm looking at at the minute, and over the next four or five weeks I'll decide," Taylor told Autosport.

"I want to continue in the BTCC, but at what level I'm not sure."

Taylor, who added that he could take a one-year sabbatical to spend more time with his family, said that the current financial pressures had played a large part in his decision.

http://www.restartracing.co.uk/

https://business.facebook.com/restartracingbtcc

'New name.
Same crew.
Same goal.
#wereback #unfinishedbusiness #btcc2022 #joinus'

and 3 days ago from Bert:
'Good morning
The boys and girls are moving on quite nicely now it’s definitely started and the wheels are going in the right direction for the future for a return to racing !
Especially after the weekend they’ve been driven by it !
Good luck guys !'

Last edited by crmalcolm; 14 Oct 2021 at 20:47.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4078503)   #183
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
You wait four months for a table, and then two come in the same day!!

Looking at Bert Taylor's comments, he refers to Smiley and Hyundai a lot so my thoughts are that he may look to tie up with Excelr8 in some way?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 14 Oct 2021, 21:08 (Ref:4078506)   #184
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why Boardley TBL ? I though persons aren't supposed to have TBLs but teams
Old 14 Oct 2021, 21:25 (Ref:4078509)   #185
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
why Boardley TBL ? I though persons aren't supposed to have TBLs but teams
To be accurate - Boardley Motorsport.

The TBL holders for 2021 include Boardley Motorsport and Aiden Moffat Racing.

Persons may not have TBLs, but companies do - and companies have owners who are persons.....
Old 15 Oct 2021, 05:40 (Ref:4078540)   #186
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To be accurate - Boardley Motorsport.

The TBL holders for 2021 include Boardley Motorsport and Aiden Moffat Racing.

Persons may not have TBLs, but companies do - and companies have owners who are persons.....
This has the look of the who owns Aston Martin debate on the F1 pages!!!
Old 15 Oct 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4078569)   #187
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it doesn’t matter, we all know Aston Martin is the former Force India team and has carried over a lot from there
Old 15 Oct 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4078582)   #188
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well it doesn’t matter, we all know Aston Martin is the former Force India team and has carried over a lot from there
Do Aston Martin have a suitable road car for the BTCC?
This could the the new rear wheel drive car that Ash Sutton's supposed to be driving...
Old 15 Oct 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4078594)   #189
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine Aston Martin in the same race with Vauxhall Astra and Hyundai i30
Old 15 Oct 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4078601)   #190
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm having serious trouble trying to imagine an Aston with an NGTC engine in it. That's *definitely* not the right noise for an Aston!
Old 15 Oct 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4078629)   #191
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You wait four months for a table, and then two come in the same day!!

Looking at Bert Taylor's comments, he refers to Smiley and Hyundai a lot so my thoughts are that he may look to tie up with Excelr8 in some way?
Whatever Bert does will involve Smiley. Maybe TPC are exiting and he's going to step in?
Old 15 Oct 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4078632)   #192
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Whatever Bert does will involve Smiley. Maybe TPC are exiting and he's going to step in?
Could be as Dan Kirby’s been racing TCR and looks like he’ll be carrying in next year, Andy Wilmot’s brought another new TCR car, so maybe they’ll focus on that and sell the TBL’s to Bert so he can partner up with Excelr8!?!
Old 15 Oct 2021, 22:27 (Ref:4078650)   #193
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm having serious trouble trying to imagine an Aston with an NGTC engine in it. That's *definitely* not the right noise for an Aston!
Oh I don't know - revive & enlarge the Aston Martin Cygnet. The only problem is that it's not rear wheel drive.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 06:26 (Ref:4078678)   #194
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Oh I don't know - revive & enlarge the Aston Martin Cygnet. The only problem is that it's not rear wheel drive.
Use the DB7. That sounded crap enough.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4078691)   #195
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Dan Cammish

I think that perhaps the biggest question for the 2022 off-season is whether or not Dan Cammish will be back on the grid. As one of the top-performing drivers in both 2019 and 2020, with two third places in the championship, you would think he would be a driver the teams would be desperate to get signed up, particularly as it seems clear that he wants to be on the grid. But, as we all know, it doesn't always work like that in the BTCC. Has anybody heard anything about a potential return for Cammish at any team? If Matt Neal has finally got his third TBL at Team Dynamics, a three-car team of Shedden-Rowbottom-Cammish would be formidable, but I don't really see that happening. BTC racing is another possible destination given the one-off appearance and the fact that Cook has been linked to other teams, but Plato has been linked for that seat. Or maybe Ciceley if Chilton leaves (or if they run that third car that they built at the start of the season), as Cammish can drive RWD. Or could be join Sutton and Lloyd at the new BMR team (what a lineup that would be!)? I have also just remembered that he pushed hard for the new BTCC game that is coming out next year, so it would be a shame if he didn't get to be in it!
Old 17 Oct 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4078855)   #196
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-news-btcc/new-era-behind-scenes-btccs-hybrid-race-debut
- What about Rick Kerry's diesel 1 Series in 2007 and the TDI SEATs in '08?

Sorry to go slightly off-topic.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4078856)   #197
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-news-btcc/new-era-behind-scenes-btccs-hybrid-race-debut
- What about Rick Kerry's diesel 1 Series in 2007 and the TDI SEATs in '08?

Sorry to go slightly off-topic.
The article includes the line:

'The new hybrid system being introduced into the BTCC for 2022 won’t be the first time that the series has moved from a traditional ICE running solely on petrol or diesel.'

Back to 2022 - there have been talks that Excelr8 may move away from the TOCA engine and develop their own in partnership with Swindon.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4078862)   #198
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The article includes the line:

'The new hybrid system being introduced into the BTCC for 2022 won’t be the first time that the series has moved from a traditional ICE running solely on petrol or diesel.'

Back to 2022 - there have been talks that Excelr8 may move away from the TOCA engine and develop their own in partnership with Swindon.
Or badge the current Swindon as a Hyundai ? It’s got about as many Hyundai parts as the car it’s bolted to!
Old 17 Oct 2021, 09:51 (Ref:4078863)   #199
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think that perhaps the biggest question for the 2022 off-season is whether or not Dan Cammish will be back on the grid. As one of the top-performing drivers in both 2019 and 2020, with two third places in the championship, you would think he would be a driver the teams would be desperate to get signed up, particularly as it seems clear that he wants to be on the grid. But, as we all know, it doesn't always work like that in the BTCC. Has anybody heard anything about a potential return for Cammish at any team? If Matt Neal has finally got his third TBL at Team Dynamics, a three-car team of Shedden-Rowbottom-Cammish would be formidable, but I don't really see that happening. BTC racing is another possible destination given the one-off appearance and the fact that Cook has been linked to other teams, but Plato has been linked for that seat. Or maybe Ciceley if Chilton leaves (or if they run that third car that they built at the start of the season), as Cammish can drive RWD. Or could be join Sutton and Lloyd at the new BMR team (what a lineup that would be!)? I have also just remembered that he pushed hard for the new BTCC game that is coming out next year, so it would be a shame if he didn't get to be in it!
Sounds like quite the potential shake-up but it would be great to have Cammish back.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4078865)   #200
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only way dynamics will become a three car team is if they buy a license and they didn’t want to do that last year so I can’t imagine they will this year either