Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Dec 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4091167)   #3301
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mine's not in yet either, Bob.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Dec 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4091168)   #3302
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I expected mine to be paid yesterday, Bob, but it was paid in this morning, so I won't need to email a begging letter to the Tories to help me out. Christmas still on with semi isolation here in chilly Yorkshire.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4091170)   #3303
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Woke up this morning and checked the bank, to find my State Pension had not been paid in. Very odd, as I don't think I died, well no one has told me I have.

any other OAPs having this problem?

Nothing on the web about it, and I expect the helplines will be jammed at 9.30 this morning if I am not alone.

Cancel Christmas!!!
Mine arrived at the beginning of the week, almost a week early.

You haven't had one of those letters checking to see if you are still alive & haven't returned it, have you? I got caught-out by one of those once!

Merry Christmas to one & all.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4091176)   #3304
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Woke up this morning and checked the bank, to find my State Pension had not been paid in. Very odd, as I don't think I died, well no one has told me I have.

any other OAPs having this problem?

Nothing on the web about it, and I expect the helplines will be jammed at 9.30 this morning if I am not alone.

Cancel Christmas!!!
I've not had mine yet either Baub. (Mind you, it's not due until September!)
Old 24 Dec 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4091178)   #3305
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
the wonders of Historic Motorsport - nothing on the news, nothing on the web, but ask on tenths and there you have it!

I will put Christmas on hold!

Thanks for the replies, well most of them, some (one) were not helpful atall.

Bob.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4091186)   #3306
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Very odd, as I don't think I died, well no one has told me I have.
You should check, Bob. Those people do have informations before anyone else… Or is it another test?
Old 24 Dec 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4091189)   #3307
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They've probably just given it straight to the Energy Billing companies Bob.

Compensation for having to take in so many "New" customers at short notice in recent months. Reduces the transaction costs by cutting out the middleman.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4091191)   #3308
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
They've probably just given it straight to the Energy Billing companies Bob.

Compensation for having to take in so many "New" customers at short notice in recent months. Reduces the transaction costs by cutting out the middleman.
Oh! Goody, it will help reduce what I owe to Bulb.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4091192)   #3309
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whilst some of you are putting Christmas on hold, it seems to be arriving quite swiftly down here.... in 5 minutes time down here with the advanced party it will be Christmas day.

Just time to thank you all for your camaraderie over the past year, certainly a boon to my locked-down sanity. Some of you I know better than others but I have thoroughly enjoyed the respectful and civilised banter that stems from all of you here in the HRT forum. I think I can say I have learned from you all. I look forward to it continuing.

On that note I wish you all the very best .... May each of you and yours enjoy a Healthy, Safe and Happy Festive Season and lets hope for a relative return to normality for '22. If travel restrictions ease you never know, I might even end up turning up at a racetrack near you!

Cheers all.

Chris
Old 24 Dec 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4091196)   #3310
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Get my pension 4-weekly and it arrived on time on the 21st, so I hope benighted Bob gets his soon!

And now, a merry Xmas to my antipodean friends...., and in due course to everyone else
Old 24 Dec 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4091204)   #3311
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know, EB calling this the HRT forum isn't that far from the truth is it?

Good luck getting your Christmas Cash, Bauble. Maybe you have to solve some convoluted photography puzzle to get it.......

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Dec 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4091208)   #3312
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

On that note I wish you all the very best .... May each of you and yours enjoy a Healthy, Safe and Happy Festive Season and lets hope for a relative return to normality for '22. If travel restrictions ease you never know, I might even end up turning up at a racetrack near you!

Cheers all.
Same to you Chris, we might even meet up in Spain if this crap ever ends !
Cheers
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Dec 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4091215)   #3313
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Merry christmas all!!
Old 24 Dec 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4091218)   #3314
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
That's it, I'm home from work and not due to return there until January 4th, I v=can start celebrating now.
Thanks for all the fun again this year, I'm sure 2022 will be the same. I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas, a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year.
And, just to prove that this really is the Season of Goodwill to All Men, this also includes our favourite moaner, Mr Quiz and Inquizitor himself, Bauble.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4091226)   #3315
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy christmas to all.

Owing to a last minute illness my son and his wife had to cancel coming for xmas day lunch so we were destined to having to look at just each other over the festive table - OK for me but not so good for Mrs MG.

Stepson rose to the occasion and invited us over for lunch with them so we will have all the joy of grandkids to entertain us. Hope one of them gets a scalextric this year.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4091240)   #3316
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Christmas one & all!

Hope you all have a relaxing festive period while thoughts turn to next year's racing... Covid permitting!

SWMBO has been on Facetime with family in NZ - already Christmas day there and it's clear blue skies and hot! Doesn't seem right somehow does it? We're all so used to freezing our nuts off at this time of year, I'm not sure if it would feel like Christmas at all if it was hot & sunny.

Not that I'm at all envious, you understand!
Old 24 Dec 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4091247)   #3317
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Click image for larger version

Name:	B0F6FE7C-A0F2-40A9-ABBB-C981D3A01E22.png
Views:	4
Size:	649.7 KB
ID:	72987
Old 25 Dec 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4091272)   #3318
bauble
Veteran

England
Wishing all my good friends on the HRT(?)I thought that was for the ladies), a VERY, HAPPY, PEACEFUL, AND BLESSED CHRISTMAS, with thanks for your company over the last 12 months, it has been a pleasure sharing time with you all. Here's to an even more enjoyable 2022,

God Blass,

Uncle Bob.
Old 25 Dec 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4091276)   #3319
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is it good glass or God bless? Anyway, cheers to that!
Old 25 Dec 2021, 07:34 (Ref:4091277)   #3320
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy Christmas to you all.

From MM, Mrs MM and MiniMM

Old 25 Dec 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4091281)   #3321
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To one and all:

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  6.4 KB
Old 25 Dec 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4091282)   #3322
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Happy Christmas everyone, will be nice to spend it with more people this year
Old 25 Dec 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4091289)   #3323
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Merry Christmas everyone. Raising a glass to the Man who inspired this thread. Also thank you to Iain, David and Mary for allowing me to drive Gilbert this year.

We've walked Bentley and opened the champagne. HAPPY DAYS!
Old 25 Dec 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4091300)   #3324
midgetman
Veteran

Wonderful Christmas Day. Couple of G&Ts with breakfast and presents, then engine out of MiniMM's MG before a late lunch. Cup of tea now and I think it's head down with a few tinnies until Boxing Day.

Old 25 Dec 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4091304)   #3325
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Happy Christmas one & all!

Hope you all have a relaxing festive period while thoughts turn to next year's racing... Covid permitting!

SWMBO has been on Facetime with family in NZ - already Christmas day there and it's clear blue skies and hot! Doesn't seem right somehow does it? We're all so used to freezing our nuts off at this time of year, I'm not sure if it would feel like Christmas at all if it was hot & sunny.

Not that I'm at all envious, you understand!

Paul, Jesus was born in the Middle East, where it not usually cold and frosty, so Christmas celebrating his birthday in such conditions is not really historically correct, whether you believe he was the Messiah is irrelevant, I am sure he would feel more at home at EB's barbie than roasting chestnuts with you in Merseyside.

Either way enjoy your festive season.

Cheers,

Bob