Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 May 2001, 20:28 (Ref:94917)   #1
Ria
Rookie

Ria should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3000 race in Monaco?

Does anyone have any predictions for this weekends F3000 race in Monaco?

If so why do you predict this particular outcome? I would appreciate your views.

I am new to this and would like to know what you think??

I am hoping Coca-Cola Nordic Racing Team are again going to perform well.
Old 21 May 2001, 20:37 (Ref:94924)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Ria and welcome to 10 Tenths I hope you enjoy this friendly forum.

As for Monaco, I've been backing Webber to win all season, so I thionk I'll keep doing it, as he must win soon, surely.

As for the Coke boys doing well, I'd have thought it was a racing certainty.
Old 21 May 2001, 20:49 (Ref:94931)   #3
Ria
Rookie

I know most of you have probably heard all of this already, but as I said I'm a new kid on the block!!

Do you think Webber is really all he has been cracked up to be?

As far as I can see Justin and Tomas have managed to take 6 out of a possible 8 podium finishes. (2 drivers 4 races).

Don't you think this says something. Reliability, 2 great drivers and an obviously brilliant team.

Maybe it's just time for another Team to shine other than Super Nova or Petrobras.

It's just what I think!!
Old 21 May 2001, 21:08 (Ref:94937)   #4
JVA
Racer

JVA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At first: WELCOME on this nice forum RIA!!

I think that Bas Leinders got a chance of winning his first F3000 race.

He was going very good the last two races and the team is in a winning mood.
He's got also the chance of convincing the Jaguar team to let him test for Jaguar. He will do everything for that job.

Webber will be also a candidate, like Enge and Wilson.

I hope also that the second Belgium driver, D.Saelens will do better than the first races because he is driving not aggressive enough.

Greetings from Belgium!!!
Old 21 May 2001, 21:12 (Ref:94939)   #5
Ria
Rookie

Thank you for your Greetings from Belgium.

I guess we will see after the race this weekend eh?

From what I understand qualifying means everything at Monaco. So come Friday we may have a good indication.
Old 22 May 2001, 07:16 (Ref:95082)   #6
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ria, I agree with u about Mark Webber. He won one race last season in very difficult conditions, and was very lucky. He blows hot and cold and that's the problem with many drivers in F3000. Webber is overrated to me, but he's had good luck. He's undoubtedly quite a good drivetr, just not fantastic.

Back to the original subject I'd like to think David Saelens can win ahead of Piccini, but I don't think either of them have the right amount of controlled aggression. Sarrazin and Bourdais could both do well, and I'd like to see Bas Leinders win too, with Viktor Maslov in 6th (unlikely I know. Wishful thinking!)
Old 22 May 2001, 08:12 (Ref:95089)   #7
Happy Hippo
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Happy Hippo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I have to give a top six in qualifying it will be:

1.Leinders
2.Bourdais
3.Webber
4.Manning
5.Wilson
6.Pizzonia

A daring prediction I know, but hey, stating the obvious is no fun!
Old 22 May 2001, 12:23 (Ref:95162)   #8
jmviaene
Rookie

Lived in London than Leeds for 4.5 years and now back to Belgium probably Brussels
jmviaene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco Go go go

yes here we are few days b4 the real challenge of the year
Who will do what.
I'll tell you.
Our Bas has been doing well lately. Very well good on him
Still David is my favorite Belgian in the game and I am sure he once more will do well in Monaco.
Supernova's are not what I expected to see this year.
Webber blablabla... all very promising talks (he lost it against the wlall last year)
I like the chap but my money goes on
Bourdais this week. (at least for the pole, not for the first corner)
As it is a very tuff physical race it's the drivers accuracy whi ch will do it all.
1. Bourdais (driving capacities yes, as a chap he isn't my cup of tea)
2. Enge
3. Pizzonia

David Especially Saelens in the points for sure. He'll show it now don't you worry guys.

or Leinders (Leinders attempts to lose it when physically too demanding) (as seen at Spa)

All in all. I only other team points will add up against the Nordic team.
Spice it up Guys
Old 22 May 2001, 21:27 (Ref:95328)   #9
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope my three favorite drivers (Them being Justin Wilson, Darren Manning and Mark Webber) make the podium in any order.
Old 23 May 2001, 11:50 (Ref:95512)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK badoer fan, what's doing!?

Webber having good luck. Is that what you call sliding on your roof at 300km/h down the road at Le Mans not once but twice. Then being blamed for the incident (before it happening again). Then having your plum sportscar ride snatched out from under you when Benz pulled the plug. Is good luck being the victim of many "other people's accidents?" Is good luck having about half the amount of financial backing of your main rivals?

As for his "lucky" win at Silverstone, I reckon it was an amazing victory. Pouring rain levels the playing field. And Webber showed his talent. That pass on Manning was amazing.

Mark is also consistently quicker in tests than wonderboy Jenson, and not too far off Fisichella.

Having said all that, Webber definitely needs big points in Monaco.
Old 23 May 2001, 12:37 (Ref:95535)   #11
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco

Monaco could be an interesting race this season. Leader Wilson was 7th here last year, but this year, as a favorite, he has to come on the podium. He will be close again with teammate Enge. Monaco is a typical circuit for agressive drivers, so I think Bourdais and Pizzonia will do well, also Pizzonia has never driven here before. I'm looking forward to both Red Bull guys. Friesacher is talented, but makes some mistakes. If you make in Monaco a mistake, your race is over. Maurico will have to show why he's back, so he will be in the top 10, I think. For Mark Webber and Darren Manning is this a crucial race. They're many points behind Wilson, if they want to make a chance, they need a good result. Than the Belgium guys. Leinders is in a big form. If he has a good qualifing position (I mean, on the first row), he has a big chance, because overtaking is difficult. Saelens was last years pole sitter, but is not in such a good forum. Last person, Stephane Sarrazin. I read somewhere he's only for one race, so he will show something in his homegrand prix.
Old 23 May 2001, 17:32 (Ref:95602)   #12
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mac
OK Webber having good luck. Is that what you call sliding on your roof at 300km/h down the road at Le Mans not once but twice. Then being blamed for the incident (before it happening again). Then having your plum sportscar ride snatched out from under you when Benz pulled the plug. Is good luck being the victim of many "other people's accidents?" Is good luck having about half the amount of financial backing of your main rivals?[QUOTE]

I didn't say there was no bad luck!

As for his "lucky" win at Silverstone, I reckon it was an amazing victory. Pouring rain levels the playing field. And Webber showed his talent. That pass on Manning was amazing.[QUOTE]

He nearly pushed the bloke off the road!

Mark is also consistently quicker in tests than wonderboy Jenson, and not too far off Fisichella.[QUOTE]

That's not exactly hard, is it?
I didn't say that Webber wasn't a good driver (in fact i pointed that out), he just blows hot and cold.
Old 23 May 2001, 18:18 (Ref:95627)   #13
formula-3000net
Racer

formula-3000net should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
OK badoer fan, what's doing!?

Mark is also consistently quicker in tests than wonderboy Jenson, and not too far off Fisichella.

...and last year Olivier Panis was consistently faster than Hakkinen and Coulthard in F1 testing at McLaren...it didn't get him place in the race team.

Webber is running out of chances, and he's running out of excuses. If he doesn't win the championship this and...and do so by a large margin, then it's very doubtful he'll ever make F1, because there are dozens of better, younger and richer drivers out there.
Old 24 May 2001, 00:41 (Ref:95766)   #14
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, Panis didn't get a seat at McLaren. But he did get another pretty good seat, and went from being a tester to a racer.

Go Webber!!!
Give it to 'em!!!
Old 24 May 2001, 09:19 (Ref:95862)   #15
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Is F3000 qualifying 2day (Thurs) or Fri
Old 24 May 2001, 09:32 (Ref:95869)   #16
Rempie
Racer

Rempie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 free practice is today (thursday). DSF (analogue/free/ASTRA) broadcasts it live at 13 CET.

F3000-qualify, however, is tommorow-morning (friday) at 9.15 CET.
Old 24 May 2001, 12:02 (Ref:95956)   #17
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Thank u