Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Oct 2000, 09:30 (Ref:44003)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is the first time in my life that I have been bored watching my favourite driver win. It was closer than what it seemed, but I guess there was just no point to the race. However, it was nice to see Coulthard in the lead which allowed Brundle to give his boy a lot of praise. By the way what happened to Wurz.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 09:42 (Ref:44004)   #2
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree neutral, except for the last 10 laps when the time between TGF and DC 's hardly 1 sec. With RB 18 secs ahead of Mika, I knew that Ferrari was definitely going to win the WCC.

DC surprised me with his unusual friendliness towards TGF, and his apology as well. Great gesture.

Nice wigs btw TGF and RB...
Old 22 Oct 2000, 09:58 (Ref:44006)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jacques did it again. As much as he is capable to fight 110% for his position, today he once again outbraked himself, as in Canada 2000 and USA. Somebody, give him a better car so he can drive within his limits!
Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:09 (Ref:44007)   #4
LYM
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Jacques did it again. As much as he is capable to fight 110% for his position, today he once again outbraked himself, as in Canada 2000 and USA. Somebody, give him a better car so he can drive within his limits!
JV has proved that he's as good as Mika and he will get a better car with BAR next year.

Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:14 (Ref:44010)   #5
Wiki
Racer

Wiki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dull race - despite all the close racing!!! Liked the JV Mika tussle but otherwise it all seemed like such an anti-climax after Japan!

Felt really sorry for Johnny Herbert - terrible way to end your GP career with a smash that could have been just as bad as the crash which pretty-much started his career!!! sounds like he is just bruised but it sure was a violent way for a car to fail.

Bring on Melbourne!!
Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:18 (Ref:44012)   #6
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got 16 messages on my mobile phone from friends all over telling me abt Schuey's win...i was travelling and missed the complete coverage.

What can i say...DEVASTATING stuff!!!!

What a season from my Hero!!!!

Contoversy, Engine failures, Tears, Crashes and finally a 4 win streak!!!...Phew, super stuff!!

Michael murders Mclaren twins
Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:19 (Ref:44013)   #7
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
What does poor Johnny have to do to finish a race!
Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:47 (Ref:44017)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anybody know how much was JH hurt ?
I am so sorry for him. What happened to the car anyway... some frightening failure I guess.
That would trouble him in Cart ?
Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:55 (Ref:44019)   #9
LYM
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Does anybody know how much was JH hurt ?
I am so sorry for him. What happened to the car anyway... some frightening failure I guess.
That would trouble him in Cart ?
He bruised his ankles, but nothing more serious. God blessed him..

Old 22 Oct 2000, 10:55 (Ref:44020)   #10
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by LYM

DC surprised me with his unusual friendliness towards TGF, and his apology as well. Great gesture.

Nice wigs btw TGF and RB...

did i miss something on ITV? Bah I don't think they showed the press conference!

yeah... the wigs... if i had gone to sleep after the race i'm sure i'd have nightmares! Jean Todt with the red wig and pink bows... ewwww
Old 22 Oct 2000, 12:03 (Ref:44024)   #11
chow wei hsien
Rookie

chow wei hsien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah i agree, i almost fell asleep, its boring, even when DC is on MS' tail

a few factor makes this race less exciting as it should be.
first compare the crowd of monza, Germany gp or Suzuka to M'sian GP. the fans are full of enthusiasm in japan, but in malaysia, the atmosphere is really weird .
the stands are not crowded despite the claims by the govt., and the crowd are just too quiet!

and, look at the camera angle in most of the corners, i think they dun make the F1 cars look exciting when they r in action
Old 22 Oct 2000, 12:10 (Ref:44025)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
That was a real shame for Johnny. I was pretty worried about him, considering the fact that his ankles are already in a bad way.

And it was a shame for Ralf too. I don't really know what happened there. I know he got caught up a bit in the first lap business because his start wasn't that good, but his car was really awful today. I guess it didn't help that he's ill.
Old 22 Oct 2000, 14:53 (Ref:44050)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race from Rubens despite his flu - nice of TGF to mention it in the pre-race conference, by the way - and a real pity Zonta's engine let go yet again, spoiling a very good drive.

I am sure the Jordans are glad this season is over, and that Alesi is relieved to finally finish a race, particularly since The Stick Insect finished his stint at Prost Goes Pow by retiring on the first lap ...

But that was a very dull race and once the Mika Car was given its jump penalty, it was essentially over.

P.S. What do you suppose ailed Fisi this weekend? Is he also ill?
Old 22 Oct 2000, 17:23 (Ref:44071)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisichella was hampered by the fact that he's now out of favour with Flavio. All the good parts then went to Alex' car, as opposed to earlier in the season when Fisi's had them. So that explains the turnaround. (Benetton - for all their resources - only seem able to make one of the cars good, and a big difference between them too.)

As for the race, I agree it was pretty boring. Real shame about Mika's jump start penalty, otherwise it could have been more exciting. DC never seemed a real threat to TGF in this race, even though he finished quite close behind, he never looked like he could have a chance of overtaking the German. A good result by Jacques saved the day for me.

Johnny Herbert's crash was truly terrifying. It was really scary to see what a rear suspension failure at that speed can do. Thank goodness he's OK apart from a few bruises. What a way to end his F1 career!
Old 22 Oct 2000, 18:09 (Ref:44075)   #15
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Real shame about Mika's jump start penalty, otherwise it could have been more exciting. DC never seemed a real threat to TGF in this race, even though he finished quite close behind, he never looked like he could have a chance of overtaking the German.
Michael's dominating race-finishes put so much pressure on the Mcmerc drivers that they both succumbed to it...DC's jump-start in the US and Mika now, btw.

Michael finished Mclaren this year!

Old 22 Oct 2000, 21:13 (Ref:44111)   #16
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by downforce
I got 16 messages on my mobile phone from friends all over telling me abt Schuey's win...i was travelling and missed the complete coverage.
Probably a bit late now but I'll tell ya anyway
Arrows have a service where they will text you live commentry
Old 22 Oct 2000, 21:48 (Ref:44125)   #17
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Billy_Hunt
Quote:
Probably a bit late now but I'll tell ya anyway
Arrows have a service where they will text you live commentry
If it's the same as Orange, it started better but the last races of the season all they told us was about the Arrows cars! In the beginning they told more about the rest!

Old 23 Oct 2000, 00:11 (Ref:44159)   #18
Shufiyan
Rookie

Shufiyan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Malaysians are such a subdued lot when it comes to appreciating a sport as pulsating as Formula One. Perhaps there aren't enough beer sold at the track or priced so expensively, it wasn't worth drinking...
Old 23 Oct 2000, 01:00 (Ref:44167)   #19
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Last Race

Well, I'll have to get used to watching cricket again.

Mika, great drive at one stage 1.5 seconds quicker that anybody else (this from the man who in his first GP outqualified his team mate - one A Senna)to finish in 4th place! Unfortunately indicative of the season

Michael, when the chips have been thrown and counted in Japan to come back and hold it together for a steady performance and the race win was a good rersult in anybodies language. Why do the funky guy stuff with the red wigs? Then for the money MS gets per season I'd wear it too.

David, fast on track and off. WRC for next year perhaps. In a season in which you walk out of a plane crash coming second in the last race would be fine I'm sure. The horse had already gone.

Rubino, much better than Eddie but a bit more please.

Eddie, at least the car stayed together.

Johnny, I hope they treat you better in CART

Jacques, getting there but didn't you have to carry the car!

HHF and Trulli, large consumption of alcohol can have amnesic effects, drink often and long.

Wurz, nice drive, testing one, two, three.
Old 23 Oct 2000, 05:42 (Ref:44189)   #20
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Lol!
Billy_Hunt.....Orange has only jus come into my country...hope the MobileF1 thingy happens!
Old 23 Oct 2000, 09:24 (Ref:44217)   #21
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race wasn't that bad, Jos went from 18th to 10th in his first stint, and without any overtaking in the pit. Of course we didn't get to see any of it
Old 23 Oct 2000, 11:27 (Ref:44234)   #22
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A pretty ho-hum affair . . . but what else is new in F1, eh?

Don't know about others, but the Malaysian t-v feed used by Fox Sports in their coverage was THE worst I've ever seen for a race. Could've done a better job directing myself. Long, long, long camera lens shots that made the cars appear to be creeping down the straights . . . and focus that was consistently away from the best battles on the circuit.

Thankfully, things livened up in parc ferme when Michael and Rubinho donned the red wigs.

And it was a very nice fashion touch that they kept them on throughout the news conference.

I must say DC impressed again. His apology to Schumi showed again he is a man of class, a worthy competitor.
Old 23 Oct 2000, 20:45 (Ref:44340)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not usually too complimentary about DC, but that was a very sporting thing to do, and also very sporting of TGF to accept it and want to put it behind them.

Nice to see that there is some sportsmanship left in F1.
Old 24 Oct 2000, 12:43 (Ref:44478)   #24
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's this month's Minardi fan post!!!

I thought it was a decent enough race considering the duffers we've had to endure this season on the whole.

Jordan summed up their season really with a shocking race, and of course my boyz finished the season in style... by both retiring. Excellent. .

Villeneuve drove superbly once more, and next year, with a more developed BAR, he will be a force to be reckoned with once more. .

And finally...

JOHNNY WE LOVE YOU!!!

Old 24 Oct 2000, 19:39 (Ref:44535)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Aha...Minardi fan - you are still alive!