Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 26 Apr 2001, 15:08 (Ref:85305)   #1
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who gets the pole at Teaxs? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it goes to a Toyota powered car. I say Big Mo Gugelmin puts his PacWest Nextel ride on the pole at Fort Worth.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 16:33 (Ref:85344)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not sure what we can expect this week. Texas is an oval unlike any other on the cart circuit. I would have to put my money on Kenny Brack, as he is the only driver that has driven a full race in an openwheel car at Texas.

But, as always in Cart it could go to anyone!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 Apr 2001, 17:30 (Ref:85363)   #3
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dario

It's going to be Dario. Dario is my favorite and he is the BEST out there.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 17:56 (Ref:85383)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to either see Franchitti or Brack nail down the pole, but I think it will come down to daMatta and Castroneves.

I think that the win will be bewteen Andretti, Tracy, daMatta and Castroneves.
Never forget #99
Old 26 Apr 2001, 21:07 (Ref:85473)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Jay. My money's also on Brack to nail the pole, because he has IRL experience from that track. It's still wide open though, and who'll win the race is even more uncertain!
Old 26 Apr 2001, 22:27 (Ref:85507)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gil.

Okay, maybe Gil. But if Brack has driven this track before, he might be a good bet too.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 22:53 (Ref:85520)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i haven't got a clue. no, really.
it's going to be completely random.
either that, or kenny brack's going to pulp everyone
Old 27 Apr 2001, 10:15 (Ref:85704)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well -

With the future of puppetry in my hands, I'd say Paul 'Thunderbirds are Go' Tracey.

If I was a serious person - King Kenny (I mean Brack with the doodles above the 'a').
Old 27 Apr 2001, 13:07 (Ref:85777)   #9
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will go to Brack too. I also would love to see Paul having his first win here, it is a great racing oval, with a lot of overtaing, it should be fun to watch.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 16:16 (Ref:85823)   #10
Faster
Racer

Faster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also think that Gil de Ferran will grab the pole...
Old 27 Apr 2001, 21:48 (Ref:86036)   #11
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the smart money is on Brack - he was fastest in Friday practice ... at 233.785 mph!
Old 27 Apr 2001, 22:47 (Ref:86051)   #12
jb
Rookie

jb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, SevenGrain, Big Mo had a big crash right at the end of practice. He is okay to race for the weekend but sometimes those backup cars just don't cut it.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 23:12 (Ref:86057)   #13
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, the speeds are a bit higher that I expected. I thought 228 maybe 229 tops. It will be interesting to see what the pole speed will be. This race is likely to be tough on engines, and I don't think it will be the fastest car that wins, but one who has a conservative day and keeps from overreving, and lets the engine breathe. What ever the case, this is going to be one heck of an exciting race, let's hope it's a safe one.
Old 28 Apr 2001, 03:49 (Ref:86124)   #14
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
WOW! Those were almost Fontana or Michigan speeds! The drivers have said that the forces they are feeling in the cars are much greater than they are at the two Superspeedways. Many of the cars have even had small mechanical failures due to the speeds.

While I must admit I am a bit aprehensive, the cars have been very very close, and we are almost certain to have a close race.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 28 Apr 2001, 13:11 (Ref:86212)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reports I heard of Mo's accident said the HANS device undeniably saved his life. Didn't Christian say the same after his accident? I hope this will kick-start the move to get these things made mandatory. We don't need any more lives lost when they could possibly be saved.

As head of the Drivers' Association, perhaps Mo can have more of an influence (especially now) than the Suits who have never darkened a race car. I hope he will use every bit of influence he has.

As for the speeds, I recall Gil saying after his record-setting lap at Fontana, "When you are going at speed, it is no problem. It is when something goes wrong that you realise how fast you are going." There are people on that track who have never gone at those speeds before or anything approaching them. They are the people that worry me.
Old 28 Apr 2001, 20:02 (Ref:86321)   #16
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
What worries about tomorrows race is the intense pounding that these cars and drivers are going to take, and the fact that none of them have a clue about what to expect (except for maybe Brack). At the Fontana and Michigan most of the drivers have an idea of where and how they can attempt a pass and where they cant't. Nobody knows what to expect here.

Come to think about, we dont know what to expect in tomorrow's F1 race. Should be an interesting day...

Last edited by Jay; 28 Apr 2001 at 20:03.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 15:40 (Ref:86655)   #17
Shaun
Rookie

Shaun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hindsights a great thing

In response to sevengrain, who said that he thought Muaricio would be sitting on pole, well he nearly got it right, except Mauricio's sitting on the wall.

Isn't hindsight a great thing