Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 May 2001, 20:19 (Ref:93339)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a shame for Garcia

What a shame for Antonio Garcia. But, it was presumible, because if the team will replace one of their driver there are more secure they will be replace the Spaniard. Mostly when Patrick Friesacher come with sponsor "A1" and he and his elder brother Markus are friends of Dr. Helmut Marko, boss of the team.
Old 16 May 2001, 22:42 (Ref:93401)   #2
Faster
Racer

Faster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope! Though they have the same name and nationality, Markus and Patrick are no relatives...

What is funny in this Marko team is that the austrian engineer was working with the spaniard driver, and the spaniard engineer is working with the austrian driver...

Why make it easy when it could be more complicated???
Old 17 May 2001, 08:07 (Ref:93504)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

what was funny about that team is that they seem to completely forget they have a second driver on the website re news. and he just seemed to be ignored.

ricardo should watch out. he could be dusted under the mat too if he's not careful..
Old 18 May 2001, 02:33 (Ref:93859)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Markus and Patrick Friesacher not relatives???

Why not? I remember both drivers raced for RSM Marko team (Markus on first races of 1999 (with two accidents on qualify) and Patrick now). Markus was also backed by Red Bull, as Patrick acually is. And both drivers are from Austria, and both got good relationship with team owner the ex-F1 and Sportscar driver the Dr. Helmut Marko. Also I remember when Speedsport wrote about Markus retirement (on July 1999) when it says he retired to manage the carreer of his brother Patrick, where he was unknown on F3.
Old 18 May 2001, 07:40 (Ref:93913)   #5
Faster
Racer

Sorry Mekola, but Speedsport was wrong. I live in Austria, met Markus personally and asked him about it, he said "no, but everybody keep asking me the same question". Markus family is from Salzburg and Patrick's family is from Kärnten, a good 300 kms away...
Old 18 May 2001, 13:48 (Ref:94012)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Well, so, what about Markus?

Well. Thanks for the info.
I know Markus retired from motorsport, but really I want know: He born in Salzburg, or he lives actually on it? I remember in the past it was a website with info about him, but now the site close down and isn't more on the Web. When I found this, I only found "ruins" of the website. Also, what's about Markus life? Is retired, but also interested in something about motorsport?
Thanks again.
Regards, Mekola.

P.S.: And Oliver Tichy?
Old 18 May 2001, 21:37 (Ref:94124)   #7
Faster
Racer

Markus is said to be the best friend of Ralf Schumacher (some would say, more than friends), and they are often walking around Salzburg together. I'm pretty sure that his family is really from there, and a very rich one, I must say...