Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Hungarian Grand Prix 2015?
10 5 9.26%
9 17 31.48%
8 23 42.59%
7 6 11.11%
6 1 1.85%
5 0 0%
4 1 1.85%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Jul 2015, 10:13 (Ref:3561187)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Hungarian Grand Prix 2015

What score do you give it?
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:58 (Ref:3561258)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10. One of the greatest races in the Hybrid era. Lots of drama, a great Ferrari win. Awesome to see Red Bull Renault on the podium and Honda in the high points.

As they said, a race Jules would have liked.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3561266)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plenty of excitement and racing. I'll give an 8.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3561282)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Amazing really, I gave it an 8, who'd have thought it? Was really quite entertaining.

My only real negative is the amount of tarmac run off, its really an epidemic at Hungary, particularly as most of the corners are low/medium speed, I don't see the reason for the vast amounts of run-off.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3561285)   #5
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 from me, good racing lots of excitement for all sorts of reasons.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3561286)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
10. Unbelievable start, unbelievable final laps and unbelievable finish.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:31 (Ref:3561292)   #7
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worst race of the year. First Kimi out, then Rosberg and Bottas with punctures.

No, I am not biased about Finlander drivers.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:43 (Ref:3561300)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for me. I missed the first 20 laps, but enjoyed the rest.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3561302)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Something other than a Mercedes leading into turn 1 once again set up what looked in danger of becoming a rather hum drum race - even with Lewis coming through the field. Then the safety car for Hulkenberg's dramatic exit livened things up significantly. Only the slew of penalties late in the race detracted from the drama.

Pleased for Kvyat, and Vettel was the right man, in the right team, to lead the tributes to Jules Bianchi after the flag.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3561311)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah very classy tributes by Vettel and others over the radios. .

a 10, obviously i think.

first non merc (powered) podium in ages and much respect to the track itself.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3561317)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A very strong 8. Best race of the season - so far. Lots of drama. Lewis having to fight back - and his little troubles. Rosberg's problems. The two Red Bulls fighting back. The McLarens both scoring points. Some decent overtakes.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 16:09 (Ref:3561323)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, 8. I chopped off a point or two for instances of ineptitude and moves a bit too DRS inspired for my liking but I did enjoy the race. Pity for Kimi and a good race from Vettel. Less said about the Merx the better. Well done to Alonso.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3561332)   #13
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A completely genuine 10. That race had everything - position changes, tactics, excitement, passing, an imperious lights-to-flag drive by the winner, the odd bit of contact, penalties and a boatload of emotion.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3561333)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The unpredictability made a welcome change and for that alone the race gets a 7.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3561365)   #15
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
There was lots of action, and an unpredicted result, but a great race? No.
I like clean racing and this was anything but.
* Hamilton/Ricciardo
* Hamilton/Bottas
* Maldonado/Perez
* Kvyat/Hamilton
* Ricciardo/Rosberg
* all those drivers getting punished for passing under yellow or SC
* all those drivers punished for speeding under SC

Poor driving standards IMO, so I can't call that a great race.

And what with the officiating?
* If you call a Safety Car and decide to let the lapped cars overtake, then either let them make up the lap - or let them not overtake at all. Just be consistent in the officiating so that is the same every race. This was stupid.
* Why not keep the race under Virtual Safety Car and let the drivers go through the pits like they did now?
Old 26 Jul 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3561401)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Gave it an 8 - could have been higher but safety car intervention was a bit inept...
Amazed nobody has posted about falling asleep yet.....
Old 26 Jul 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3561407)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Gave it an 8 - could have been higher but safety car intervention was a bit inept...
Amazed nobody has posted about falling asleep yet.....
I nearly did, but that's something I can't blame on the race.
I stayed up all night for the Spa 24 hours and watched the Grand Prix afterwards.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3561421)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
* Hamilton/Ricciardo
* Hamilton/Bottas
* Maldonado/Perez
* Kvyat/Hamilton
* Ricciardo/Rosberg

* If you call a Safety Car and decide to let the lapped cars overtake, then either let them make up the lap - or let them not overtake at all. Just be consistent in the officiating so that is the same every race. This was stupid.
* Why not keep the race under Virtual Safety Car and let the drivers go through the pits like they did now?
Both Lotus drivers could be on their way to eventually getting race bans after today's incidents, as they keep ratcheting up the penalty points.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120123
Old 26 Jul 2015, 23:05 (Ref:3561430)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It was alot like Italy '88.

Some breathtaking stuff from Ferrari on lap 1 but they did get lucky with various rivals imploding in their various ways.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 23:40 (Ref:3561442)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
* Hamilton/Ricciardo
* Hamilton/Bottas
* Maldonado/Perez
* Kvyat/Hamilton
* Ricciardo/Rosberg

Great summary.

Thought the stewards were far too penalty happy, then missed the one Ricciardo should have got for driving into the back of Rosberg, that was a completely avoidable contact! It was Rosberg's corner and all Ricciardo had to do to avoid the contact was back off. Equally Rosberg was ahead when he started closing the gap and moving over for the next corner.

Very entertaining race, certainly kept my attention, gave it an 8, deliberately not over analysing what I saw!
Old 26 Jul 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3561445)   #21
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The best F1 race of the season and probably one of the best races of the season.

Very nearly a 9, but loses out just. Fans have short memories. Last year's Hungarian Grand Prix was even better, and I gave that a 9.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3561462)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it an 8... if Mr Ricciardo had made it past the Benz & headed off to blow away the Ferrari, it would have been more
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3561463)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah last year was great but the wet track and earlier SC were more random elements in comparison i would say.

this year i think what surprised more than RB's win last year was that on a dry track Ferrari were a match for the mercs in terms of pace and SV maintained his lead despite the SC period...although NR and merc really dropped the ball with their final tire choice.

not much separating the two years though. last year was awesome and this was too.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3561507)   #24
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for all the opinions.
I'll change my planned TV viewing tonight to watch the highlights.
Seeing we can't have it live anymore in Oz I now only bother to watch those rated good here.
Bernie really dropped the bundle when he went to pay.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 03:41 (Ref:3561514)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best race of the season thus far that had a little bit of everything but rain. Very pleasant to see something different at the sharp end; lots of changing positions and strategies through the field and I enjoyed this one immensely.