Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4101376)   #251
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
You going to leave us hanging here?
I'm pretty sure she is.......
Old 6 Mar 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4101377)   #252
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
You going to leave us hanging here?
https://youtu.be/d4piHt4jvG4
Old 6 Mar 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4101426)   #253
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do think Red Bull have done a good job considering what they have and where they came from, the key is to keep maintaining it. Especially as others could come on stronger, but even if isn't a great year, I don't think it would be a bad year for them either. We'll see
Old 7 Mar 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4101513)   #254
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unbullievable: Horner's latest interview with the BBC; It's all Mercedes' fault!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60651647
Old 7 Mar 2022, 18:10 (Ref:4101520)   #255
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Unbullievable: Horner's latest interview with the BBC; It's all Mercedes' fault!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60651647
There are various hornerisms in there, but the top one must be
"I don't believe the rules were not followed correctly. I think that they were applied perhaps differently to how they had been before by not allowing every single car to unlap."
Referring to Abu Dhabi, obviously.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 18:59 (Ref:4101524)   #256
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZF-skCY-M
Old 7 Mar 2022, 19:34 (Ref:4101528)   #257
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What's the problem? Is this not better raised in the Mercedes thread rather than Red Bull?
Old 7 Mar 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4101529)   #258
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
What's the problem? Is this not better raised in the Mercedes thread rather than Red Bull?
Not really. This is the 'Unbullievable' thread and the quote from Horner definitely seems to fit the bill.....
Old 8 Mar 2022, 00:01 (Ref:4101554)   #259
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
...seems to fit the bull.....

Crikey, F1 is tedious crap. Perhaps we should extend the no pits to race control from the team principles to just no communication from them at all ever.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 08:10 (Ref:4101577)   #260
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
...seems to fit the bull.....

Crikey, F1 is tedious crap. Perhaps we should extend the the rules for team principles to just no communication with the media from them at all ever.

I think that I have corrected that statement for you!
Old 8 Mar 2022, 09:30 (Ref:4101584)   #261
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The hypocrisy from Horner is utterly staggering, but I guess we should be used to that by now.

Thanks Christian for stirring up this tedious story just as it was calming down a bit.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 15:00 (Ref:4101616)   #262
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
The hypocrisy from Horner is utterly staggering, but I guess we should be used to that by now.

Thanks Christian for stirring up this tedious story just as it was calming down a bit.
It's like he is living in an alternative universe.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4101631)   #263
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He really seems to only see things from his own perspective
Old 8 Mar 2022, 19:20 (Ref:4101656)   #264
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
honestly, i would be baffled had he not maintained his unrelenting defence of his team.

feelings about the outcome very no doubt but all things being equal, i respect the loyalty.

probably should call it Hornerspeak though!
Old 8 Mar 2022, 20:09 (Ref:4101667)   #265
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
honestly, i would be baffled had he not maintained his unrelenting defence of his team.

feelings about the outcome very no doubt but all things being equal, i respect the loyalty.

probably should call it Hornerspeak though!
I continue to find the level of outrage (not sure if that is too strong or not) odd. Given the topic is still raw, you put a microphone in front of Horner or Wolfe, you are highly likely to see some controversial opinions shared. Which puts us right back into Groundhog day again. I can imagine that on any slow news day, someone can say "What about that Masi guy? Wasn't he unfairly treated?" and then we are off running all over again.

This somewhat also reminds me of how people react when you see quotes from Bernie Ecclestone, Jacque Villeneuve or Helmut Marko. They are guaranteed to deliver something entertaining and to stir the pot. All good for a quick and juicy quote on a slow news day.

Richard
Old 8 Mar 2022, 22:17 (Ref:4101688)   #266
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And yet Toto is also on the Sky documentary accusing Wheatley and Masi's friendship as being the catalyst for the Abu Dhabi decision.

they.are.all.as.bad.as.each.other.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 01:37 (Ref:4101701)   #267
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was just thinking they are as bad as each other. Wasn’t thinking about the team principles though.
Old 31 May 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4112222)   #268
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Perez contract extended until 2024, with Red Bull calling it a "no brainer". I entirely agree. He has closed the gap to Verstappen, and has just had probably his best weekend in formula 1.

IMO - Gasly now needs to leave the Red Bull family, if there is any other F1 drive available - even if that means taking a step back to a slower team.
Old 31 May 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4112230)   #269
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Perez contract extended until 2024, with Red Bull calling it a "no brainer". I entirely agree. He has closed the gap to Verstappen, and has just had probably his best weekend in formula 1.

IMO - Gasly now needs to leave the Red Bull family, if there is any other F1 drive available - even if that means taking a step back to a slower team.
I expected they would extend the contract, a bit surprising it is for 2 years, and makes me even happier.
The probability of Perez winning the World Championship is low, yet I would be so happy to see it happen.

About Gasly, well I never saw the potential Champion in him, a decent midfielder tho, hopefully he won't miss out on a seat for next year. For him to leave Alpha Tauri is mandatory.

Other thing to come to my mind is that what happens with Tsunoda. He is quite good this season, he matured and improved a lot. Probably he could stay on for next year, but after that? Hard to imagine RB gives him a fourth year at Alpha Tauri and they won't be moving him up to RBR. Maybe some kind of deal like in the Albon-Williams case?
Old 31 May 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4112234)   #270
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I agree that Gasly is stuck in the Red Bull family and to move forward he needs to leave. Maybe if Ricciardo gets the boot at the end of this season (likely IMHO), maybe Gasly moves to McLaren? There doesn't seem to be many options for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post
Other thing to come to my mind is that what happens with Tsunoda. He is quite good this season, he matured and improved a lot. Probably he could stay on for next year, but after that? Hard to imagine RB gives him a fourth year at Alpha Tauri and they won't be moving him up to RBR. Maybe some kind of deal like in the Albon-Williams case?
After last year, I felt that this was the make or break year for Tsunoda. I felt he was mostly here as a thank you to Honda. But he is starting to make serious progress. I can see him back at Alpha Tauri next year if he keeps his current pace of progress.

Richard
Old 31 May 2022, 14:07 (Ref:4112235)   #271
S griffin
Veteran

Gasly has made his own way, but I can't see what he does next. He might be out and then where does he go? I can see him leaving F1 and going to another series, like Indycar

Tsunoda, yes, he hasn't done much this year. He's a decent driver, but not a top line driver. He has the talent. It will be interesting to see what he does next
Old 31 May 2022, 14:39 (Ref:4112245)   #272
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
I think that Gasly could potentially "do a Sainz" if things fall right for him when he leaves the RB family. He should take Zac Brown out for lunch.

Tsunoda was awful last year - even taking into account that it was his rookie year. Needed to improve and perhaps has done so. I cannot see him ever making it into the main RB team, but at least he is now beginning to show that he deserves to be in F1.
Old 31 May 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4112257)   #273
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, that's a fair assessment, although I think 'awful' is a bit harsh. His good days were very good, but he was very hot and miss (and I don't just mean hitting walls, as you would expect that from a rookie), but he was sometimes nowhere and also lacked the application, which I don't recall being seen mentioned about anyone at this level since Jan Magnussen.
Old 1 Jun 2022, 00:08 (Ref:4112328)   #274
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Yuki's P4 in Abu Dhabi will be looked back on as career-defining. It was exactly the confidence boost he needed going into the off-season of what was a tough but decent first year.

He's done well so far this season against a strong teammate in Gasly, who will definitely have his eyes on McLaren or even Mercedes.

I also feel that with Checo and Max entrenched at RB now they have changed their view on the senior team/Alpha Tauri makeup, in the sense that Checo is not a RB driver academy driver and is there to stay, so Alpha Tauri won't be as much of a "you have two seasons or you're out" mentality.

A fairly strong chance now would be Tsunoda and Vips at AT next season, with Gasly going to McLaren alongside Lando.
Old 1 Jun 2022, 02:45 (Ref:4112330)   #275
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
A fairly strong chance now would be Tsunoda and Vips at AT next season, with Gasly going to McLaren alongside Lando.
Is Vips outperforming Lawson? Neither Lawson or Vips seem impressive enough in F2 to warrant promotion IMO.