Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Aug 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1696842)   #151
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On Motors TV they said the tu bfor the 2007 car was complete, I assume they mean the GT1 car.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 00:46 (Ref:1697209)   #152
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
On Motors TV they said the tu bfor the 2007 car was complete, I assume they mean the GT1 car.
I think the Lister GT1 car is near fantasy. They need to homologate it first. And just because you have a CAD design, its along step to actually having a car the ACO accepts.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1698668)   #153
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike
I think the Lister GT1 car is near fantasy. They need to homologate it first. And just because you have a CAD design, its along step to actually having a car the ACO accepts.
I was suprised also, but the commentators did say they had spoken to Pearce and he conformed the tub was built.

They also talked about ProTran either building or buying new cars.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1701504)   #154
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Does anyone have pictures of the last aero development of the Lister?
I found 2 pictures:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gallery.php?num=4538
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gallery.php?num=4539
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1701754)   #155
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....what's this, modification number 5/6/7??!
One has to wonder if the Thorby original (legalised, naturlich) would've been any worse!
What's the consensus of opinion here on X/Xths? Is the motor the problem with this one? ...it certainly sounds superb tho'.... Lister still rock IMHO - but that might just be mindless jingoistic sentimentality shining thru'!
Old 5 Sep 2006, 05:28 (Ref:1702016)   #156
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon the engine is old hat and they are lost with their aero work , sad !!!
Old 5 Sep 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1702093)   #157
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
The Lister's a strange one. It sounds incredible, looks distinctive (so much so that even my wife regards it as an appealing looking car...), often promises so much (look back at some of the comments on here 12 months ago) yet consistently, outside of Italian national races, fails to deliver.

If I was being entirely objective and dispassionate about the whole thing I reckon it's time to pack their bags and try something else. However when has objectivity ever really sat comfortably with sportscars (3.5 litre atmospherics, after all, did seem to make sense on paper...) and as such so long as Lister show up and don't disgrace themselves (and I don't think they do) they're more than welcome by my book.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1702095)   #158
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If you call an LMP1 playing around with the slowest of GT1 cars "not disgraceing themselves" , I sincerly hope your not saying that they are doing a good job !

I feel that they are disgraceing themselves .
Old 5 Sep 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1702297)   #159
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
If you call an LMP1 playing around with the slowest of GT1 cars "not disgraceing themselves" , I sincerly hope your not saying that they are doing a good job !

I feel that they are disgraceing themselves .
It actually gets quite thought provoking. Amusing myself over lunch I had a quick look at Lister performance since the hybrid's first appearance at Silverstone last year and taking practice and qualifying times, with the exception of qualifying at Spa this year (no time set) and Le Mans (both test day and qualifying) they've very comfortably been within 110% of the fastest time and have only very seldom been slower than a GT1 over a lap.

In race terms it's often a different story, but let's not forget that 2nd in class and 3rd overall at Istanbul. Sure it never troubled the Pescarolo, but nobody really has in the LMS this year, but this is endurance racing and a result is a result.

Where I do think they let things down is through Moller's preference for testing rather than racing. I was first to cast aspersions when they skipped Istanbul in favour of Vallelunga last year, and I didn't think much of their non appearance at Nurburgring, either this year or last, but it's their car, and their choice.

To my eyes, they're a ways away from being a disgrace, and in the history of sportscar racing there's many ahead of them in that particular queue, that, however is very definitely a different topic (perhaps one to keep us occuppied during the off-season?).
Old 5 Sep 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1702335)   #160
The Badger
Veteran

Fair enough . But being within 110% is nothing to shout about , at all .

Also fair to say that their 3rd in class was due to others going out , but 3rd is still a 3rd .

As for testing , thats about the only good thing that they are doing . Testing is (imo) more important in sorting out a car than showing up and expecting some decent results .

I know there is no better way than racing , but testing is very important too and cheaper (i imagine) than flying your car and support equiptment and crew around the world .
Old 5 Sep 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1702370)   #161
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
...As for testing , thats about the only good thing that they are doing . Testing is (imo) more important in sorting out a car than showing up and expecting some decent results .

I know there is no better way than racing , but testing is very important too and cheaper (i imagine) than flying your car and support equiptment and crew around the world .
Utterly agree on flying things around the world, Janos Wimpffen sums it up neatly in TATS in describing the '89-'92 period, damning it by commenting that teams would choose to airfreight their cars to a race, nominally have them scrutineered, then fly them back home, not having run them, all to avoid the fine for not appearing. That said, the cost of getting your transporter to most LMS rounds probably isn't insurmountable.

It's probably true that you'll get more hard data pounding round Snetterton or sitting the car in someone's wind tunnel, but my gut feeling stll says there's nothing quite like exposing yourself to the white heat of competition to drive development forward - and if you're clever about it you should be able to turn a profit from it in a way you can't during a test session.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1717058)   #162
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC are reporting in an interview with Henri Pescarolo that he has done a deal with Laurence Pearce to buy one of Pescarolos new tubs. So Listers new LMP1 car will be based around Pescarolos new tub whilst the team will build the rest of the car.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1717069)   #163
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
DSC are reporting in an interview with Henri Pescarolo that he has done a deal with Laurence Pearce to buy one of Pescarolos new tubs. So Listers new LMP1 car will be based around Pescarolos new tub whilst the team will build the rest of the car.
Yep, my heart sank a little bit when I read that. I know Laurence just loves to do things his way, but having watched the transformation of the Lister Storm LMP900 from a very good (if not class leading) prototype into a complete dog's breakfast over last two years, I just hope to goodness Laurence gets it right this time. Recent history is not on his side!
Old 23 Sep 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1717128)   #164
JAG
Veteran

England
I'm sure they've learned form their mistakes.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1717256)   #165
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

I sometimes wonder when I look at the development (!!) of the Lister Storm LMP1 that they take the image of the eccentric Englishman just a stage too far. I hope they do better with whatever follows.

Nick
Old 23 Sep 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1717322)   #166
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I'm sure they've learned form their mistakes.
I see. Where (save buying this tub) has there been any evidence of that since the first Lister proto evolution appeared?

I have lots of respect for what Laurence did with the Storm GT cars, but he gives the impression of being in over his head with the proto.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1718278)   #167
The Badger
Veteran

Im delighted about the news . Id love to see them at the top end again , wonder what they will have for power ? Wonder will it look differant aero wise ?
Great news indeed
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:35 (Ref:1719496)   #168
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Wonder will it look differant aero wise ?
Great news indeed
What do you think?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1727798)   #169
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The front end is having some extensive work, and i would venture this to be largely for cooling reasons, the odd placing of the radiators gives them optimum flow leading to best cooling. aslo having them right across the front allows a lower height.
The front end is no where near as important as the rear for drag reduction therefore i would assume they are after increased cooling! has their engine had any problems with this issue before?

I heard this was teating up at snett a while ago so i drove down to have a look, stuck my head over the fence at Corum just in time to see it rolling to a stop.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2024483)   #170
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has been fielded in a field somewhere in england:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...3&t=443354&i=0
Old 27 Sep 2007, 16:59 (Ref:2024534)   #171
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouterM
It has been fielded in a field somewhere in england:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...3&t=443354&i=0
This has to be strangest sportscar story of the day..... If it is the LMP, and not just a show car (did Lister ever have one?) it's been returned to original spec, rather than the Hybrid as last raced.

Don't know if you read all of that thread, but on the second page there are more photos

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/DSC00040.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/DSC00038.jpg

....and there's something interesting, if it's correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekirbyfake
I’ve just been down to have a better look and spoke to the owner of the coachworks company (I won’t mention the name for obvious security reasons) who will be painting it. Lister have sold the car to somebody in Japan and he thinks it’s going to be raced in a local LeMans style series. You can see from my pics below that the bits underneath are new and shiny.
Later in the thread the 'coachworks company' mentioned are described as doing a lot of work for Lister.

So is it bound for JLMC, or is this all a wind-up....?

Last edited by KA; 27 Sep 2007 at 17:04.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 10:02 (Ref:2024984)   #172
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The JLMC theory is apparently not true - The truth is altogether weirder!
Old 28 Sep 2007, 10:07 (Ref:2024989)   #173
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
The JLMC theory is apparently not true - The truth is altogether weirder!
Lawrence Pearce never ceases to amaze.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 10:10 (Ref:2024990)   #174
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that it is in its original configuration just screams museum piece to me.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 10:13 (Ref:2024993)   #175
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
You'd certainly get out of the way pretty quickly if you saw that in your mirrors on the M25....