Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Apr 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2861509)   #51
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No worries Iain, was just asking. Hey I fancy two laps on my bike. Reckon that's a good deal.....
Old 9 Jun 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2894476)   #52
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Getting ever closer to the event.Tonight I am going out with the Stoke Row cycle club to have a look and map out the Duelathlon corse.Stand by!!
Old 25 Jun 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2906015)   #53
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Iain, I emailed the chap on the web site to put my entry in for duel-a-thon a few days back but I've heard nothing. Can you stick my name on the list and PM me details etc?
Old 26 Jun 2011, 07:08 (Ref:2906131)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No worries Max. We are doing the entries on the day. Hows the training going.The bike ride is 20k and run 5K. Mostly off road along bridle paths.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2906156)   #55
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just come back from 17 mile bike ride so think I'm good for the 20 kms. But are there hills? We don't do hills in Norfolk

If foot doesn't give me any gyp before then may even try and do the 5 km run (or meander)....
Old 26 Jun 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2906170)   #56
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just arrived at work and on route there seems to be a bike road race going on.I asked one of the Marshall's how was i doing." did not seem that impressed".I am still looking for a volunteer to be the stig. All you have to do is start the race.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2906410)   #57
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hahaha training, that's a good one, haven't been on a bike yet this year and 20k sounds a long way. I twanged someone in my leg again running on Tuesday, so resting up.

Mike, perhaps we could tie our gammy legs together and do it 3-legged-race style.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2906437)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Hahaha training, that's a good one, haven't been on a bike yet this year and 20k sounds a long way. I twanged someone in my leg again running on Tuesday, so resting up.

Mike, perhaps we could tie our gammy legs together and do it 3-legged-race style.
Training? More a case of 'what a fantastic morning for a bike ride'. 24hrs earlier was threatening to switch central heating back on, it was so cold and wet......

So which leg is your gammy one? Sods law would suggest it is your right.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2906476)   #59
midgetman
Veteran

Yup! One of us has to run backwards. Remember the Pushmepullyou in Dr Dolittle?

We had a grotty morning until about 10, then roasting hot. I've just been out on the bike about quarter mile each way to the pub :-) My bike is like my race car, it's been outside all winter and all the cables have gone a little stiff. If there's too much downhill I'll not be able to stop

Last edited by midgetman; 26 Jun 2011 at 18:14.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2906654)   #60
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yup! One of us has to run backwards. Remember the Pushmepullyou in Dr Dolittle?

We had a grotty morning until about 10, then roasting hot. I've just been out on the bike about quarter mile each way to the pub :-) My bike is like my race car, it's been outside all winter and all the cables have gone a little stiff. If there's too much downhill I'll not be able to stop
Sounds like a job for BICYCLE REPAIR MAN!!!!
Old 27 Jun 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2906658)   #61
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01xasUtlvw
Here he is again
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jun 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2906664)   #62
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He must have been busy yesterday the London Bikeathon was on

I rode shotgun with my wife and daughter who did 26 miles on their Raleigh Choppers (my wife's original mk2 and my daughters mk3)
Old 27 Jun 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2906668)   #63
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Brilliant!
Old 27 Jun 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2906672)   #64
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
He must have been busy yesterday the London Bikeathon was on

I rode shotgun with my wife and daughter who did 26 miles on their Raleigh Choppers (my wife's original mk2 and my daughters mk3)
I just love that sketch.

So what were you riding shotgun on, Cliff- or was it 'in'?
Old 27 Jun 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2906685)   #65
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My Raleigh Mountain Bike - nothing special.

I should have sorted out my Carlton Corsa Racer, which I've had since my early teens - maybe you could sort it for me Mike, or am I not famous enough

Last edited by Cliff Ryan; 27 Jun 2011 at 08:32.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2906906)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
maybe you could sort it for me Mike, or am I not famous enough
Just checked out the results from Oulton so........

Signature amended
Old 27 Jun 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2906956)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
26 MILES ON A CHOPPER,IM WELL IMPRESSED.iF GORDON READS THIS I SUSPECT WE COULD GO WELL OFF TOPIC.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2906980)   #68
midgetman
Veteran

Just come back from a practice ride....twenty k Delta? That took me an hour on a decent surface! To paraphrase Gordon...."@r5e of fire, balls of butter"

Reminded me of two important riding tips:

1. whichever way you turn it's ALWAYS uphill and into the wind

2. Always wear contact lenses...peering over the top of my spectacles I completely missed the traffic calming!!! Ouch...........
Old 27 Jun 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2907055)   #69
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just checked out the results from Oulton so........

Signature amended
I'm a chosen one then
Old 27 Jun 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2907056)   #70
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
26 MILES ON A CHOPPER,IM WELL IMPRESSED.iF GORDON READS THIS I SUSPECT WE COULD GO WELL OFF TOPIC.
It wasn't Gordon's Chopper
Old 27 Jun 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2907077)   #71
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well here is a picture of my chopper !
Attached Thumbnails
axe.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Jun 2011, 05:44 (Ref:2907137)   #72
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Knew we would go off topic. BTW anyone seen those V8 chain saws and the guys that cut through massive logs in a few seconds.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 06:02 (Ref:2907150)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Knew we would go off topic. BTW anyone seen those V8 chain saws and the guys that cut through massive logs in a few seconds.
Yes, definitely OT, Mr Rowley

BUT V8 chain saws- now you are talking! Can we have a demo please at the SRFOS
Old 28 Jun 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2907153)   #74
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well here is a picture of my chopper !
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2907181)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Martin has agreed to be the Stig to start the Duelathlon. He wants to be called the "Twig".BTW this is all hush hush.