Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2000, 16:40 (Ref:35759)   #1
nakka
Rookie

nakka should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

People most of you might find this message too stupid but for a person who comes from a land where formula racing is not much of a passion, i'll have to look at you the learneds to help me out!!!

How is Formula 1 & 3 defined and what is CART
Thanks a lot in advance for the barrage of info that i expect to get!!!
Old 8 Sep 2000, 17:34 (Ref:35779)   #2
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
f1 is defined as the world championship of motorsport

f3 is defined as training ground for f1 drivers

cart is defined as a background for a sylvestor stallone movie.
Old 8 Sep 2000, 19:44 (Ref:35800)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On a serious note, I'll give you an idea.

Formula 1 represents the FIA approved world championship series. The drivers championship is called the World Driving Championship rightly so. It is also the most expensive form of motor racing in the world today. It is estimated that top teams Ferrari and McLaren both spend in excess of 300 million US dollars in the pursuit of the World Driving Championship and lucrative Constructor's Championship. Most all of the top racers in the world race in this series. The cars are required to weigh 1000 pounds and have around 750 bhp.

Formula 3 is a ladder or feeder series for the top echelon series like Formula 1. The cars are usually powered by specified engines and customer built chassis. Formula 1 team owners place high stock in Formula 3 champions and usually pick from this lot who will advance into Formula 1. The cars are required to weigh 1000 pounds and have around 300 bhp.

CART or Champ Car Racing is an American national series that has begin racing outside North America because of the large international contingent of drivers racing in the series. A typical CART team budget is around 35 million US dollars. CART is also the only series in the world that races on natural terrain road courses, inner city street courses, and oval tracks. CART Champ cars use a turbocharged V8 engine design and customer chassis to help to keep costs under control. Champ cars are required to weigh 1450 pounds and have around 850 to 900 bhp.

All three of these series offer something similar and something different to the racing fan. Formula 1 offers the history and pageantry of a 50 year old championship that races on the some of the most historic circuits in the world with the best drivers and manufacturers. Formula 3 and CART provide more pure racing entertainment than F1 through the management of rules.

Hope this helps.
Old 9 Sep 2000, 02:24 (Ref:35894)   #4
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, well put.

Personally I watch champ cars for track action, and Formula1 for some other reason (no bloody idea what). I guess I would watch F3 but apart form the Macaue grand prix, we dont get the races here in North America.