Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jun 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4057732)   #1976
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
something you ask the doctor for an ointment to treat
Old 22 Jun 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4057734)   #1977
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
something you ask the doctor for an ointment to treat

Bit awkward if one is camping though!
Old 22 Jun 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4057736)   #1978
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don't talk to me about camping. every other car round here is either a dodgy self build van, a motorhome on 70 plates or towing a bloody caravan...
Old 22 Jun 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4057738)   #1979
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
don't talk to me about camping. every other car round here is either a dodgy self build van, a motorhome on 70 plates or towing a bloody caravan...
This is why I avoid this sort of thing!

Faced with choice of an expensive holiday let - they must be astronomical this year in Cornwall or South Coast - camping (not glamping, I hate that word!) or just staying at home, I think it is the latter option that is the right one for me this year, at least.

However, I will keep checking for late deals/cancellations at coastal chalet/holiday parks) as I'd love to take the kids away for a long weekend.

Woah now, i've gone off at a colossal tangent. Sorry everyone
Old 22 Jun 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4057740)   #1980
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You appear to be a little intents.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4057742)   #1981
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe he has a mission to try and end camping?
Old 22 Jun 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4057792)   #1982
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
so really, australia (and the tourist industry - which relies on low cost labour) IS suffering from a lack of outsiders. they’ll put two and two together and figure that out soon i’m sure.
Keeping SARS-CoV2 out is more important in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The biggest issue is F1 won’t do 14 days quarantine anywhere.The tennis players won’t do it again.
An aversion to supervised quarantine is madness. Supervised hotel quarantine is the very cornerstone of managing COVID19 influx and limiting or eliminating community spread (of course lockdowns are required when there is community spread due to hotel quarantine virus escape).

It is a lack of mandatory supervised quarantine that has allowed both COVID19 and COVID19 variants to spread around the world. A lack of mandatory quarantine is utter, utter madness.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 22 Jun 2021 at 19:55.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4057794)   #1983
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Last time I checked, the roads are still there on the old extended version. There might even be some kerbs still there
Yes, that's possible. All the barriers, grandstands and pit buildings have been sold off however after what the State Government considered to be the end of Adelaide Parklands motor racing for good, so the organisers would have to order new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I went to all the Grand Prix there except for the last one-it had pretty much outgrown the venue 25 years ago.Think of F1 around St Petersburg and that’s pretty much what F1 around Adelaide would be like now.
What a strange thing to say given the Monaco circuit is even tighter... FIA has no reservations in issuing dubious Grade 1 status to circuits such as Monte Carlo and Baku, so a Grade 1 status for Adelaide Parklands should be a formality.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 22:46 (Ref:4057807)   #1984
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
It is a lack of mandatory supervised quarantine that has allowed both COVID19 and COVID19 variants to spread around the world. A lack of mandatory quarantine is utter, utter madness.
i mean, you're vastly simplifying it based on the australian situation. that's not the sole reason. it works a treat when you've got no land borders and you aren't a transit point, you're an end destination.

you're one massive mass of land governed by one group of people (ignoring individual states for a second). over in europe we've got less space, a higher concentration of people, lots of different governments trying to score points against each other, and we're all transit points for each other both in a goods and people context. the sheer number of people moving around prior to this made it really difficult to simply stop. even when we put a stop to direct flights from india people were still trying to come back via several other european countries because they didn't take the same action.

we could potentially insist on hotel quarantine for people entering the european continent but even that gets messy with the vast amounts of land borders that exist. it's not like you have everyone arriving via a single mode of transport, on a single vehicle even and you can just herd them like cattle onto a bus and then into a hotel.

i'm not making excuses, just saying... it's not as simple as mandatory quarantine.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 05:42 (Ref:4057822)   #1985
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
You don't seem to understand that although the Aussies and the Kiwis have managed to control the incidences of the virus, they have both done so by closing their borders. This means that there are currently about 45,000 Australian citizens that are stuck abroad and cannot return to their homes because their government is strictly restricting the return to a tiny number each week. However, their local economies that are driven by locals have returned pretty well to normal, but their tourism and other foreign driven income has pretty well dried out completely.

The UK by comparison hasn't really closed our borders, and the NHS is suffering for it, as well as permitting an extremely high death rate. And while we continue to effectively have an open border, we will continue to have virus cases despite the success of the vaccination process. And you need to remember that just because one has been vaccinated doesn't mean that they cannot subsequently catch the virus. It just means that in most likelihood the effects will be less severe, and shouldn't, hopefully, result in death or require hospital admittance.

In actuality, if the Aussies rolled out the vaccine quicker, there would, in my opinion, be a possibility that they could re-open their borders sooner to those from other countries that have likewise been vaccinated.
60,000 + at Wembley next week. Three weeks from now will tell…. A fresh outbreak in Sydney. Australian GP? No chance
Old 23 Jun 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4057843)   #1986
mawds21
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
mawds21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friend of mine (apols, i realise everyone has a friend) works on the governments covid 'pilot' programme and was telling me that the data she's seen suggests almost no problem with outdoor events at all. guess thats why silverstone is expecting capacity crowd. just need Abu Dhabi to fall off the red list as we're booked in to the grand prix in december
Old 23 Jun 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4057861)   #1987
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
60,000 + at Wembley next week. Three weeks from now will tell….
remember everyone going to wembley has to prove their vaccination status or have a pcr test result. so a big outbreak is even less likely than at first glance.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4057863)   #1988
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
remember everyone going to wembley has to prove their vaccination status or have a pcr test result. so a big outbreak is even less likely than at first glance.

And quite right too. Quite frankly the last thing we need is another outbreak that could easily been avoided due to people’s irresponsibility
Old 23 Jun 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4057865)   #1989
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Except Vaccinations only stave off the worst symptoms, they dont prevent people being carriers Just look at the up step in cases in Cornwall after the G7 I bet the High rollers that the UK Govenment are letting in to Wembley from Europe won't be checked - money talks
Old 23 Jun 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4057878)   #1990
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just look at the up step in cases in Cornwall after the G7
The ' post hoc ergo propter hoc' fallacy? Cases were rising before the G7 summit.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 11:53 (Ref:4057879)   #1991
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Except Vaccinations only stave off the worst symptoms, they dont prevent people being carriers Just look at the up step in cases in Cornwall after the G7 I bet the High rollers that the UK Govenment are letting in to Wembley from Europe won't be checked - money talks
no, not true. they’re 70-odd plus percent effective in preventing catching it, and they’re near as damnit 100% effective in preventing serious cases, hospitalisation and death. in healthy people.

there’s no real scientific evidence suggesting whether people carry it or not when vaccinated. basic serology applies i suspect.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 12:47 (Ref:4057887)   #1992
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
would be curious to know what these antibody tests post crowded events show though. Both for those with or without the vaccine.

Seen lots of big crowd events for weeks now but not seeing the corresponding studies being reported on. In fairness, also not seeing anything to suggest that they are spikes from events largely attended by vaccinated or clean test people either.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 03:49 (Ref:4057937)   #1993
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The vaccination program is going to be a long hard haul in Oz partly because we have not experienced the catastrophic sickness and death most other countries have had to endure so the general population is not too worried about it.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4057984)   #1994
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The vaccination program is going to be a long hard haul in Oz partly because we have not experienced the catastrophic sickness and death most other countries have had to endure so the general population is not too worried about it.

That is understandable. It seems our government really had to rollout the vaccines to try and get the country going again after their mishandling of the pandemic
Old 24 Jun 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4058010)   #1995
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silverstone to have capacity crowd for July race

'Silverstone will be allowed to have a capacity crowd for the British Grand Prix on 18 July.
[...]
All adults attending will have to be fully vaccinated or be in possession of a negative test for Covid. The rules for children have not yet been revealed.
[...]
UK Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said: "Through our successful vaccine rollout and ambitious Events Research Programme, we are continuing to make progress, and events like this will pave the way for everyone to enjoy live sport and culture together safely once more."'

I know many in the motorsport world have questioned why other sports have been allowed crowds - citing the 'open' nature of a motorsport venue. Well, we now have a test event going ahead - will praise be given for allowing a motorsport event to have a test crowd of 140,000?
Old 24 Jun 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4058014)   #1996
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Silverstone to have capacity crowd for July race

'Silverstone will be allowed to have a capacity crowd for the British Grand Prix on 18 July.
[...]
All adults attending will have to be fully vaccinated or be in possession of a negative test for Covid. The rules for children have not yet been revealed.
[...]
UK Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said: "Through our successful vaccine rollout and ambitious Events Research Programme, we are continuing to make progress, and events like this will pave the way for everyone to enjoy live sport and culture together safely once more."'

I know many in the motorsport world have questioned why other sports have been allowed crowds - citing the 'open' nature of a motorsport venue. Well, we now have a test event going ahead - will praise be given for allowing a motorsport event to have a test crowd of 140,000?

That is welcome news.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4058019)   #1997
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
will praise be given for allowing a motorsport event to have a test crowd of 140,000?
im sure many will lose their minds at the sight of it...and rightly so. after the year and a half we have all had it will be shocking to see a crowd of that size.

but it will become normal again at some point but someone has to go first and take the justifiable public outcry on the chin.

what i am more curious about is will they actually get 140k people to go in only a couple of weeks?

things are getting back to 'normal' but are things really moving that fast back to normality in the UK?
Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4058024)   #1998
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Proof of vaccination or a negative test. In advance? Or on the gate? If the latter, there could be even worse queues than usual......
Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4058025)   #1999
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im sure many will lose their minds at the sight of it...and rightly so. after the year and a half we have all had it will be shocking to see a crowd of that size.

but it will become normal again at some point but someone has to go first and take the justifiable public outcry on the chin.

what i am more curious about is will they actually get 140k people to go in only a couple of weeks?

things are getting back to 'normal' but are things really moving that fast back to normality in the UK?

I actually confess I will probably feel like a criminal when we are allowed to go into shops without mask. I’m reaching for mask automatically when I go into the shops, it will feel weird the day we are no longer required to wear one

Anyway best of luck to Silverstone for this, just hope that there will be enough checks for people going to the event. At least we will have the atmosphere back that has been missing with a limited crowd
Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4058030)   #2000
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Proof of vaccination or a negative test. In advance? Or on the gate? If the latter, there could be even worse queues than usual......
That is part of being a test event: testing the logistics of mass checking. It should be a simple barcode scan but ofc even a 1% error/reject rate means 1,400 people turned away plus ofc there will be a lot of fumbling about with phones logging in to the app etc. Get used to it - this is our reality now!