Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 31 Dec 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2363454)   #1
baldtom
Racer

England
West Sussex
baldtom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden Rallycross 3rd January who's coming to play??

WHo's coming to play on saturday??

I understnad there is a new loose section coming down the Dover Slope...... the one going up to the North Bend has been scrapped apparently.

Also a Joker Lap, not sure what I think about that but apparently the cars on the Joker Lap will be flying round the tarmac section of Chessons Drift which will look quite spectacular.

I wonder if there will be a marshallpost at Post 3 as this was scrapped for the last Ralycross meeting, if theres a nincident round the outside of Chessons it could take a while for marshals to ge tthere from post 2 or 4 ....

Anyway hope to see lots of you down there.... grids not too big but my favourite supermoified, the big Volvo is coming out to play.....
Old 1 Jan 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2363588)   #2
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll see you there Tom - just me, as Chrissy is having to work all day.

I'm reserving judgement on the changes until I see what effect they have on the racing as well as on the marshalling - I really don't like the absence of infield bods where post 3 got bulldozed.

As you say, some good classes and that fantastic volvo - just hope the buggies behave this time, or the marshals get issued with shotguns to stop them when they ignore the flags.

nie early start for me - out the house around 5 should give me time for breakfast.
Old 1 Jan 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2363657)   #3
The Hat
Rookie

England
Canterbury
The Hat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Dave, I'll be there. It's my first ever rallycross but I'm sure the rest of you will show me the ropes.

Let's hope the white stuff stays away.

Richard
Old 2 Jan 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2364185)   #4
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also my first rallycross, and my first time at Lydden. Looking forward to it a lot, apart from the cold obviously, having to leave home before 6am, and the fact that I imagine I'm going to have to run quite a bit and after a fall last week I'm not sure if my poor ankle is quite up to it. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway
Old 3 Jan 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2364640)   #5
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a very enjoyable, if freezing, day, flagging on 2 - I didnt do much flag waving though, guess thats a good thing, shows they behaved while putting on a good show. Shame there werent more cars, especially in the Supercar class - they had some great action. I loved the buggies too. Definitely want to do more rallycross, and more meetings at Lydden. Thank you to Ade and everyone for the warm welcome too.

I cant really judge too well having not seen rallycross before, but I thought the joker lap seemed to work quite well, it added a bit more excitement, especially in the morning when the track was still icy!