Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jan 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4026320)   #701
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
An easy one to start the new year. Looking for a driver.
No one is a prophet in his own land? I dont agree with this and I showed it. In this respect, I'm unique. I have a huge experience in hill climb, winning several championships. F1 to please Bob, I also drove a car powered by an engine EB loves. To please Gerry, I've been famous at Le Mans too, not only for an overall win…*My name is? Paul's rule #4 applies!
Ludovici Scarfiotti drove in Formula 1, won le Mans and won the European Hill climb Championship. I do not know what engine EB is fond of so cannot confirm if Scarfiotti qualifies.

So, while Scarfiotti might fit the bill, I had the impression that you geezer might be a Frog?
Old 1 Jan 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4026331)   #702
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bob…………
The engine is BRM V12, Scarfiotti is known not only for his first place at Le Mans in '63 with Bandini but more likely his second place in '67 with Mike Parkes. He remains the sole Italian winner of his home GP of F1 in '66. Really well done. Chapeau bas, Monsieur mon Ami.

Ludovico may be?
Old 1 Jan 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4026342)   #703
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerard, mate. Ron Flockhart must be the right answer, Hill climber in ERA, Formula 1 with BRM, twice Le Man winner, and also drove the V16 BRM.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 02:23 (Ref:4026391)   #704
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Not surprised to have a clever answer, smart panty mate! Its the magical part of this thread, lets try to keep it like this. Thanks.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 04:31 (Ref:4026398)   #705
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Bob…………
The engine is BRM V12, Scarfiotti is known not only for his first place at Le Mans in '63 with Bandini but more likely his second place in '67 with Mike Parkes. He remains the sole Italian winner of his home GP of F1 in '66. Really well done. Chapeau bas, Monsieur mon Ami.

Ludovico may be?
Hehehe, I fell for the Frenchman in our midst ploy. Yes the V12 BRM engine is my favourite, but on almost equal terms would be the Matra V12. So I was seeking to find an answer relating to a French flavour.

Hats off to my fellow Brit who hangs from trees with a sparkle (Bauble) for a fine answer.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4026406)   #706
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hats off to my fellow Brit who hangs from trees with a sparkle
No kidding, Tarzan, she smokes and bought a lighter, now? I have the answer: CHEETAH !!!!!

PS: Please tell her to put some underwear, the last picture is almost "bobscene"! No, I'm not drunk you punk!
Old 2 Jan 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4026411)   #707
bauble
Veteran

England
Maybe, Helnut Marko? Le Mans winner in Porsche, V12 BRM driver, and also had success in hill climbs.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4026439)   #708
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pescarolo & Pedro Rodriguez both drove V12 BRM's & won at Le Mans but I do not know if either of them had hillclimb wins, Although some hillclimbs counted towards the World Sports Car Championship.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4026448)   #709
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hell-Nut Marco? Also known as the flying squirrel?
What I had in mind has been quickly found by bauble, 't was Ludovico Scarfiotti. But please go on, its good to have other names honored.

I've always been impressed by the Rodriguez bros, because they did "le signe de croix" when driving on the pitlane. Remembering to the witnesses that motor racing can be dangerous, sometimes…*

One of my favorite of those days, remain the fantastic if not more Arturo Merzario. He was so much "into" the Alfa that he had to push on his legs to see the apex! Many years later I understood that the last version of the 33 TT 12 was not a good choice for not so tall drivers…*
Old 2 Jan 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4026465)   #710
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My former boss, Jacky Setton aka Monsieur Pioneer en France, had some nice toys in this garage, all in perfect racing order…*I remember a '66 206 S/SP #22 and a '75 33 TT 12 #007, may be ex-WKRT but more likely ex- Ickx. The last one our poor dedicated mechanic was never able to fix the leaks coming from the head gaskets. It was a hassle to refurbish the chassis too, because from one side the tubes are meant to contain the engine oil while the other side's contain the coolant. Only one member of the "personnel" was allowed to drive some of those wonderful toys at Montlhéry!
Old 2 Jan 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4026469)   #711
bauble
Veteran

England
No pictures; Can you name a British driver who has won four different, major 24 hour races?
Old 2 Jan 2021, 19:54 (Ref:4026484)   #712
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I can't, this one is hard for me at least. I was thinking about Reginald but its not the correct answer. Who will answer?
Old 3 Jan 2021, 04:09 (Ref:4026518)   #713
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was going to say Brian Redman, but I think I would have to count 2 Sebring 12 hour wins as a 24hr win for that to work.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 05:47 (Ref:4026528)   #714
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think we must join to answer this very interesting question. Put it in pieces: first we have to list 4 major 24 Hours races. Obviously, I'd say Le Mans, Daytona and Spa then Nürbur.
Knowing "smart panty" , shouldn't we think about motor bikes too, which gives Montjuic and Bol d'Or (not sure about the last one).

C'on Stupido members, Ã* la rescousse, bougez vous le derrière!
Old 3 Jan 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4026532)   #715
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I think we must join to answer this very interesting question. Put it in pieces: first we have to list 4 major 24 Hours races. Obviously, I'd say Le Mans, Daytona and Spa then Nürbur.
Knowing "smart panty" , shouldn't we think about motor bikes too, which gives Montjuic and Bol d'Or (not sure about the last one).

C'on Stupido members, Ã* la rescousse, bougez vous le derrière!
I just checked and "bauble" is very specific they are 24 hour races.... I had though perhaps the devious bauble might have left it vague and throw in some of the 24hr plus record attempts at venues such as Montlhéry. undertaken by the likes of Jaguar and Velocette.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4026534)   #716
bauble
Veteran

England
I take umbrage at any suggestion that I am 'sneaky'. I pose a simple question, the answer to which, any decent motor sport fan should instantly be able to answer - and . What, common abuse?

I thought I had friends here .... but maybe I am Stup ......
Old 3 Jan 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4026535)   #717
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about Nick Tandy.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4026542)   #718
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I thought I had friends here ....
You think well, but you have courtesans too and several bouffons! Like any good King. But if you're looking for arse kissers or shoe shiners…
Your question is clear and sounds good. Matter of fact, not a compliment!

Who on earth is or was Nick Tandy? Not my brother in law…
C'on Stupidos, wake up!
Old 3 Jan 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4026545)   #719
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
You think well, but you have courtesans too and several bouffons! Like any good King. But if you're looking for arse kissers or shoe shiners…
Your question is clear and sounds good. Matter of fact, not a compliment!

Who on earth is or was Nick Tandy? Not my brother in law…
C'on Stupidos, wake up!
Nick Tandy is a works Porsche driver from BEDFORDSHIRE, I got to know quite well while working for out local BBC radio station. RBS would know him because he once gave a talk to the Silverstone marshals at one of their club nights. I was sure he would know the answer, and equally sure he would reply by PM.

His record of four wins were;

Daytona 2014
Le Mans 2015
Nurburg 2018
Spa 2020

He started in Ministox, moved on the Mini's, Formula 3, and Porsche Supercup.

A very nice man.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4026559)   #720
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Nick Tandy is a works Porsche driver from BEDFORDSHIRE, I got to know quite well while working for out local BBC radio station. RBS would know him because he once gave a talk to the Silverstone marshals at one of their club nights. I was sure he would know the answer, and equally sure he would reply by PM.

His record of four wins were;

Daytona 2014
Le Mans 2015
Nurburg 2018
Spa 2020

He started in Ministox, moved on the Mini's, Formula 3, and Porsche Supercup.

A very nice man.
Nick Tandy was one of the first names to enter my head.... I dismissed him immediately believing he would not be of the right era for Bob to know of him.

I confess that I thought he had 'only' won his class at Le Mans completely forgetting about his being in the LMP1 team in 2015.

Note to self: Do not doubt Bauble's knowledge/interest to not extending to modern stuff! Also to remember he knows everyone worth knowing. :embarrassed smiley:
Old 4 Jan 2021, 07:52 (Ref:4026655)   #721
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Nick Tandy was one of the first names to enter my head....
Yes, sure, mon Ami, but being a quizz place what counts is not what enters your head its what comes out! Remember Paul's rules, nom de Zeus!
Old 6 Jan 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4027130)   #722
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Some of this is very obvious! Sorry I can not turn the picture.

Who, What, Where & When please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch265.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	66124
Old 6 Jan 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4027139)   #723
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for the question, bringing back old memories, I'd say the picture is moving. At least on the left…

Is it a '24 model?
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4027178)   #724
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Thanks for the question, bringing back old memories, I'd say the picture is moving. At least on the left…

Is it a '24 model?
It was taken on the grid at and I have no idea of the year of the car though.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4027209)   #725
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thought it was an ex Beijing to Paris rallye entrant but another mistake. How do you think you can hold a place of choice in the Stupido Club?