Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Jan 2003, 18:06 (Ref:464614)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
CART.com's Own Rumour Mill

Another new article put up today. Nothing but speculation. Kinda surprised that the series' own website publishes rumours, but it makes for a great read.

Herta on Wayne Taylor: "I talked with Wayne about it, but we haven't spoken in a long time so either he's getting another driver or that project is on the back burner, I'm not sure what's going on there."

Herta on his future: "CART is willing to help me, but they are not going to fund the whole team and right now I've got two deals working. Neither is for a full budget, but with CART's help, it could work and we've got meetings with them next week. I would think Patrick Racing would be most likely for me at this moment."

And then they end the article with this blurb:

Gentilozzi still hasn't announced his lineup for 2003, but recently said on "RPM Now" radio that his driver has "seven years of CART experience, has won races, has triumphed at the Rolex 24 and loves red wine." Can you say, Max Papis? ... Craig Pollock, manager and best friend of '95 CART champ Jacques Villenueve, is reportedly interested in starting a CART team with the old PacWest assets. Maybe with Johnny Herbert? ... "Autosport" magazine reported that F3000 runner-up Giorgio Pantano will run the next two years in CART with BC Motorsports and Sunoco sponsorship, but right now it's more speculation than fact. Pantano recently competed for the Williams F1 test seat, while BC Motorsports is owned by Dana Brewer of San Diego. ... The annual race at Wisconsin State Fair Park looks like it's headed for a Saturday night show - CART's first-ever under the lights. There is a new $64 million grandstand being built at the legendary Milwaukee Mile oval track.

...So even CART is telling us that the BC Motorsports thing is nothing of consequence.