Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Dec 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3601004)   #76
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Not if the organizers nod to Chip as and bop the Riley DPs to pole-clinching pace after Roar, not much to crash to from head of the field
Surely the fix will be in for Pruett this year - the owners much prefer that kind of result.
Old 30 Dec 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3601006)   #77
Tifosi Ferrari
Rookie

Italy
Torino
Tifosi Ferrari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
His father is Lawrence Stroll
http://www.forbes.com/profile/lawrence-stroll/

Canada's #16th richest man no less.

But im all for it if this is why we are seeing a second Ganassi entry there.
Yeah and he even bought some shere in some f1 team i think, don't remember which one now, so Lance could become the third driver
Old 30 Dec 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3601007)   #78
Tifosi Ferrari
Rookie

Italy
Torino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The first 23h are basically just pre-qualifying phase, you know to get in grid order for the final restart...
Yeah so this year we can have an artificially made 0.002 margin of vicory!
Old 30 Dec 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3601009)   #79
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi Ferrari View Post
Yeah so this year we can have an artificially made 0.002 margin of vicory!
I miss the days when the winner won by 15 laps. Seriously. The full course yellow wave by rule is terrible. Especially for Daytona and Sebring.
Old 30 Dec 2015, 16:49 (Ref:3601011)   #80
Tifosi Ferrari
Rookie

Italy
Torino
Yes those days are gone, there's no need for this rule anymore, if there was ever a need. The competion is already that close i think we would see an exiting finish anyway.
Not to mention there's already the B.O.P. to keep things close...
Old 30 Dec 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3601024)   #81
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
With the wave by format there is not need to drive hard. I'm sure CGR will tell him that. You can take it easy for the first 23 hours of the race.
He seems to have problems passing cars, and when you're in the top class, you're going to be passing A LOT of cars. I just hope he doesn't take anybody good out when he does hit someone.
Old 30 Dec 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3601026)   #82
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
He seems to have problems passing cars, and when you're in the top class, you're going to be passing A LOT of cars. I just hope he doesn't take anybody good out when he does hit someone.
Emphasis on the "anybody good" part. If it is a LMPC car, then that's ok :-)
Old 30 Dec 2015, 19:38 (Ref:3601049)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like Risi is going to be cutting it close:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12485...88-at-rolex-24
Old 31 Dec 2015, 03:50 (Ref:3601114)   #84
BullMan
Veteran

Oh sweet Jesus.

Old 31 Dec 2015, 05:14 (Ref:3601126)   #85
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks pretty nice I think
Old 31 Dec 2015, 05:35 (Ref:3601130)   #86
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
If Kermit the Frog did GT3

Doesn't look half bad
Old 31 Dec 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3601160)   #87
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Frickadelli on the Roar list, was that one mentioned before? Not sure how they'll cope on a track that isn't the Nordschleife!
Old 31 Dec 2015, 12:52 (Ref:3601161)   #88
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Frickadelli on the Roar list, was that one mentioned before? Not sure how they'll cope on a track that isn't the Nordschleife!
Only noticed now. That is going to be a VERY interesting entry to watch!
Old 31 Dec 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3601165)   #89
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow Frikadelli out of nowhere. Welcome surprise.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 15:47 (Ref:3601183)   #90
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
That was a surprise to me too.

I noticed all of the Porsches are listed as GT3 R except the Alex Job car which is stated as 991 GT3 R. Am I reading to much into this, or is this actually something different? I know AJR got two new GT3's, so don't know why they would be different.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3601185)   #91
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
They're not (different).

Only older Porsche is the one Autometrics has entered (a 997 GT3) in GTD.

Frikandelli seems to be the previously announced 5th new Porsche on the Rolex grid.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3601227)   #92
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And after the unclear announcement about how Sergio Perez might be involved with the 007 TRG Aston Martin entry... he's listed as a driver in the car for the Roar at least.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3601270)   #93
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And after the unclear announcement about how Sergio Perez might be involved with the 007 TRG Aston Martin entry... he's listed as a driver in the car for the Roar at least.

Good publicity move for the team having him at the test. Hypothetically speaking are there any clashes between IMSA and F1?
Old 31 Dec 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3601272)   #94
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Good publicity move for the team having him at the test. Hypothetically speaking are there any clashes between IMSA and F1?
Sebring-Melbourne
Long Beach-Shanghai
Laguna Seca-Sochi
Watkins Glen-Red Bull Ring
Mosport-Silverstone
Lime Rock-Hungaroring
VIR-Spa
CoTA-Singapore
Road Atlanta-Sepang

So basically... erm... the whole calendar.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 21:26 (Ref:3601273)   #95
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Sebring-Melbourne
Long Beach-Shanghai
Laguna Seca-Sochi
Watkins Glen-Red Bull Ring
Mosport-Silverstone
Lime Rock-Hungaroring
VIR-Spa
CoTA-Singapore
Road Atlanta-Sepang

So basically... erm... the whole calendar.
Daytona is clear though!
Old 1 Jan 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3601338)   #96
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's happened to the Falken Tyre Porsche for 2016? I haven't heard anything about them in a while...

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 1 Jan 2016, 03:36 (Ref:3601340)   #97
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
What's happened to the Falken Tyre Porsche for 2016? I haven't heard anything about them in a while...
That program was ended after PLM. It was announced weeks before that race.
Old 1 Jan 2016, 03:41 (Ref:3601341)   #98
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
That program was ended after PLM. It was announced weeks before that race.
That's a shame, I missed that somehow.

Thanks for the confirmation.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 1 Jan 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3601365)   #99
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The program as Falken Tire ended due to Falken pulling their sponsorship of the team. I think that Derrek Walker tried to get something going soon after the announcement was made to continue in IMSA. However, I think that fell flat and I'm not sure exactly what he's up to now.
Old 1 Jan 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3601368)   #100
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Just a question: anyone think that the Roar and the 24 itself will be a Corvette DP/Chevy LS small block fest up front, or will any other make/model of prototype have a chance?