Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2220241)   #1
thunder road
Racer

thunder road should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Breadvans" Anglia/Fastback,NZ/Allcomers:where are they !!??

New Zealand motorsport in the 60's a number of "home built' creations were built to go racing in a 'Class' available to anybody 'allcomer' Saloons,Shoehorn a 'High' performance engine in the 'smallest' package and you've got a Winner,stopping and handling were a second consideration (it was;well get to that !!)'Aero' was a new word at that time as strange to the un-educated as "Ergonomics' Is to today( what DOES that mean???)so these 'Creation' started showing up with 'Aero' modifications,flared in headlamps ,'Chopped tops',Scoops, rear boot exstensions,some worked, some rolled over!!but the prettiest conversion was the 'Fastback' Anglias..my friend asked me to post this 'Forum' as he tends ( got two 'doner'Anglias' already) to build a 'Clone' (with permission !!)of a very 'Famous' New Zealand Anglia "Breadvan' as they were affectionately known..so the 'research' starts here !!photo's please..Jack Nazzar ran one, Hamlin- Charles built a beautiful one (they rolled at Wigram durring practise,mid 60's)Niel Doyle built one with a Chev Corvette and 4speed..so its your help we need..all donations over 2k please send to my PO Box...just kidding ;CASH' is OK !!!!