Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 20 Aug 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2272407)   #51
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure i've got time to do an organised event, but i've just signed up and we'll what comes up and when.

Gil, you'll find what i've got as "Clermont 65" here I'm afraid i don't have Solitude but i'll keep an eye out.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2273029)   #52
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange, that is not listed at RFC (another un-authorised conversion?! ).

BTW: At least there's the new charade track: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...Charade%202006 and the old one is being made by the same guy: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...%20Long%201972

Edit: (how rude!) - thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow night.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2273509)   #53
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried it.

Really bad (ilegal!) conversion of GPLEA's version.

Bad because I have huge fps drops. They did just not care to address this problem (fps optimizations)

(Compare it to Sachsenring, which was also converted from GPL!)
Old 23 Aug 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2273739)   #54
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not tried it myself, but i know a load of GPL tracks were very roughly converted with the intention to do them properly like Sachs. Have to say i love that place, especially in the Historix cars. There's something spin tingling about taking a Mustang over that crest on the back straight and getting airborne
Old 24 Aug 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2274465)   #55
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HistoriX

We are looking at running a 3 hours GTC65 event like the real Autosport 3 hours race. If any wish to get involved or get a team together check out the forum at www.gbsimracing.co.uk

Its in the planning stage at the moment so any input would be gratefully received.

Pete
Old 27 Aug 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2276355)   #56
MarkkuAlen86
Rookie

Wales
Wales
MarkkuAlen86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't get my Force Feedback to work on my Momo Logic Wheel in rFactor.

I have the drivers installed and everything turned on in options on the game, still nothing.

I'm running Vista, any ideas?
Old 28 Aug 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2277050)   #57
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
install XP

does the vendor provide vista drivers for the wheel?
Old 29 Aug 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2277432)   #58
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are you running FFB on wheel and at -100%? Logitech wheels need force feedback reversing in ISI sims like rFactor/GTR2 etc.
Old 29 Aug 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2277459)   #59
MarkkuAlen86
Rookie

Wales
Wales
MarkkuAlen86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish I had kept XP now.

It's working, just required the Vista drivers. The disc I had with it only covered upto XP.

Thanks.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2279043)   #60
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
np, i always check drivers 1st before anything else. easiest bit to fix normally
Old 12 Sep 2008, 04:05 (Ref:2287728)   #61
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For some time now, i have been keeping an eye on rFactor central and swearing that the very day TCL is released, i will go and buy rFactor and a PC to run it on.

Well, i am sick of waiting for TCL but after trying Historic GT & Touring at a Hyper Simulator centre, i have bought a suitable PC and will order rFactor shortly. Should i buy it on-line or look for a disc? Should i buy the full version or lite?

Ultimately, i intend to download Aussie V8s, Bathurst Legends and Historic GT & Touring. Touring cars are obviously my thing, particularly '70s - '90s. Are there any other mods i should look to collect?

I have a Logitech FF Pro wheel & oedal set. Is this suitable?

I have a copy of GPL on my old PC. Can i run it on the new one?
Old 12 Sep 2008, 04:56 (Ref:2287738)   #62
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David
If you only intend to play HistoriX the lite version is enough. They both cost the same, the only thing that varies is the amount of standard (mostly fantasy) content it comes with.
Even if you do intend to try other things, a standalone install for HistoriX is best, the manual explains how to do it.
I have more time in rFactor than I care to imagine and know it pretty well so if you need any help shoot me a PM and I will get on MSN or something and help you out, I can even point you in the direction of a HistoriX league. I am also a fellow Aussie which will help timezone wise.
One thing, you need a copy of GT-Legends to get HistoriX to load, its cheap but can be difficult to get your hands on these days.
Would also recommend a G25 steering wheel, just dont ask me about Reelfeel!
Hope that helps, once everything is set up, its a blast.
Jim
Old 12 Sep 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2288486)   #63
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
the wheel you have will be fine, i used one for several years before upgrading to the G25
Old 13 Dec 2008, 01:34 (Ref:2353960)   #64
wblh
Rookie

wblh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Userdata issues

Somehow my username got changed. I blame the kids. however there is no record of it in userdata. Rfactor still works but nothing can be edited in userdata. there is not even a record of new tracks in settings. Has anyone ever struck anything like this. Any help would be muchly appreciated
Old 13 Dec 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2354163)   #65
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What version of Windows are you running? Is it Vista?

I got confused when I moved to Vista. I took a copy of my Rfactor installation from XP before I wiped it after which I copied it across after I'd installed Vista so I didn't have to reinstall all my mods.

It seems now all the settings are stored in 'Documents and Settings' where in XP it was within the Rfactor directory. Could that be it?

Last edited by Spudgun; 13 Dec 2008 at 12:43.
Old 15 Dec 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2355304)   #66
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any idea when rFactor 2 is due?
Old 16 Dec 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2355992)   #67
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Possibly within 6 months is the word from ISI. They have a running version at the moment, but with plenty left to do. Go to SRT's (Sim Racing Tonight) YouTube channel where there is a 2 part interview with Gjon from ISI.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 13:11 (Ref:2356033)   #68
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
in case anyone hasn't noticed, matchmaker is down and might be for a couple of days while they move servers and wait for DNS settings to update. it means you won't be able to find any servers in the in-game browser, but you can still connect if you know the ip address.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 14:37 (Ref:2356107)   #69
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
slick42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's going to make rfactor 2 different to rfactor? Are they basically updating the current game or coming out with something completely new?

Quite excited for it either way
Old 16 Dec 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2356214)   #70
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The current version of rfactor is too complex, there's a lot of hassle just to get basics like force feedback working.

A plug and play Rfactor 2 with Enduracers, Prototype C, Touring Car Legends and CTDP F1 is what I'm waiting for.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2356220)   #71
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
i never had many problems with my momo, i just plugged it in selected the profile and made some changes that we're recommended on the simracing forums

I'm quite happy with the mods for rfactor, i only use it for f1 and touring cars and use nr2003 for stock cars

Last edited by slick42; 16 Dec 2008 at 16:38.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 03:08 (Ref:2356542)   #72
YZ250
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
YZ250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
For some time now, i have been keeping an eye on rFactor central and swearing that the very day TCL is released, i will go and buy rFactor and a PC to run it on.

Well, i am sick of waiting for TCL but after trying Historic GT & Touring at a Hyper Simulator centre, i have bought a suitable PC and will order rFactor shortly. Should i buy it on-line or look for a disc? Should i buy the full version or lite?

Ultimately, i intend to download Aussie V8s, Bathurst Legends and Historic GT & Touring. Touring cars are obviously my thing, particularly '70s - '90s. Are there any other mods i should look to collect?

I have a Logitech FF Pro wheel & oedal set. Is this suitable?

I have a copy of GPL on my old PC. Can i run it on the new one?
Gday David,

When you get hold of rFactor feel free to drop into our website www.adrenalinfactor, we currently run 7 rFactor Servers and one is dedicated to Historics. We race on a Wednesday night various Series including the Bathurst Legends. Sundays are dedicated to our V8 Factor series.

Have a look at the FVR NZ Series, this is the New Zealand V8 Series http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=FVRNZ%5FV8 Cars are slightly slower than the Aussie Supercars and are 4 speeds. And you guessed it Adrenalin Factor also runs a server for these.

NOTE : All our servers are open to the public
Old 17 Dec 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2357310)   #73
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick42
i never had many problems with my momo, i just plugged it in selected the profile and made some changes that we're recommended on the simracing forums

I'm quite happy with the mods for rfactor, i only use it for f1 and touring cars and use nr2003 for stock cars
You have some mods using Realfeel, each car with individual settings, others use default etc., that's just the start.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 00:08 (Ref:2357342)   #74
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
it would make more sense if you could have a wheel profile for each mod, so the ffb settings automatically loaded would be the correct ones for the mod .
Old 18 Dec 2008, 11:03 (Ref:2357555)   #75
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope they are going to include rain with Rfactor 2. To me thats the only thing lacking with Rfactor which I always found strange since GTR2 has it.