Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Jun 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2483815)   #51
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally can't wait for this to be released, gotta be one the very best games series out there.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2483925)   #52
deccy~LWS~
Rookie

England
infront of my computer
deccy~LWS~ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
I personally can't wait for this to be released, gotta be one the very best games series out there.
no, not one of, THE best

=EDIT=

forgot about half life

the SECOND best series
Old 22 Jun 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2488011)   #53
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny side up! View Post
Forza appears to be going more toward a car-centered theme and not toward a racing theme. It can be used for racing - and it will deliver as good as FM2 did - but it has not taken the racing part of the experience anywhere new, and to me personally that is a dissappointment.
Exactly. You just perfectly summed up what I was trying to say in fewer words.

Anyway, after seeing Le Mans in action I got more excited. I honestly believe that when FM3 releases it may be the best looking driving game ever made. Some of the scenes of Circuit de la Sarthe look photorealistic. On the other hand, I'm very disappointed. My biggest problem is that all of the prototypes announced for FM3 were in previous Forza games. They might have added a few new liveries, but they're essentially the same cars. Where's the Audi R15 and the Lola-Aston Martin? The newest car in that list is from 2007. Come on Turn 10, I know you can do better than that. Plus, IF the 24 Hours of Le Mans is going to be in the game, it's going to be pretty boring with only eight cars on track. Gran Turismo 4 proved that you can't run only six cars on a circuit that big.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2488152)   #54
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Forza 2 car list hasnt been announced yet, i doubt they would just put in those prototypes, especially now that they have the le mans license, in effect they could add in Pescarolo, Oreca, Lola's, Zytek's, RS Spyder's etc etc, wether they do is up to them but i wont be happy if we dont get any new P1 or P2 cars for that matter, at the moment, it looks like nothing more than Forza 2 in a pretty looking dress until more info is released.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2489501)   #55
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Forza Motorsport 3

Well there is a 3rd Forza Motorsport game being developed, for the Xbox 360, and recently read the LeMans circuit is going to be included in the game. I also saw some screenshots, and came across these:

Now if only we could actually see these cars all at once on track, competing for the win........(salivates)......

Link to rest of screenshots: http://xbox.boomtown.net/en_uk/artic...w.php?id=18122
Old 24 Jun 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2489504)   #56
Lazy
Rookie

Germany
Lazy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvymfiuljfw

For some reason they think 908 is a middle-seated car?! (The cockpit cam is in the middle)

ps. La Sarthe in iRacing would be something...
Old 24 Jun 2009, 04:40 (Ref:2489507)   #57
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, imagine that, a whole forum dedicated to sim racing. http://tentenths.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

L.P.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2489542)   #58
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
But just imagine all those cars on track at once! How AWESOME would that be? I wonder what the Toyota GT1 with today's tech in it could do......Peogeot would probably still beat them all.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2494355)   #59
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok, It seems the second Forza Motorsport 3 thread got out of hand. All the posts related to Forza 3 have been moved to this thread. All those non-specific posts (most of them!) have been moved to an existing PC vs Consoles thread.

One or two posts pointing out the issues with the old thread have been removed as they would now be out of context.

Please can we try and keep threads on-topic.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2494428)   #60
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
But just imagine all those cars on track at once! How AWESOME would that be?
Especialy on the Nordschleife

Ooooh im gonna go play FM2...
Old 1 Jul 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2494558)   #61
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Ooooh im gonna go play FM2...
Its still the Daddy!!!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2494575)   #62
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too true. I'm liking the Japanese announcement, and it'll be good to experience Motegi without DLC.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2494835)   #63
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah and the new R35 GTR and SC430 GT500 racers will be in the game, that's awesome!! Cause FM2 didnt even have the GT500 Z and that came out after Gran Turismo 4 which had the Z in it! I've got both anyway so best of both worlds! Good to see some up to date cars in the mix.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2494945)   #64
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the car paint mode has been simplified a bit, It's incredible what people managed with Forza 2 (I just bought a very nice recreation of the Pescarolo 908 complete with Gran Turismo logos!!) I never got the hang of it though.

I was hoping (probably in vain) that you might be able to download a template which could be edited in photoshop like Rfactor, but I suppose that's either not technically possible or not available because people would put rude photos on their car and frighten the children!!

Having dug out Forza 2 this week after not playing it for a few months it reminded me what a great game it is and has me counting the days till Forza 3 is released. Just can't wait to try the LMP cars on the Le Mans circuit. Day/night would be nice and I really hope they include that. Also, for a bit more authenticity, I'd like to see flaming and popping exhausts and hear the Toyota GT1 crackling under heavy braking!!
Old 2 Jul 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2495027)   #65
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ditto, i would love backfire sounds and flames, would be great to hear the TS020 crackle and pop on the over run, same with the GT2 Ferrari's and some of the road car's, for those of you who have heard the MK.4 Golf R32 with a milltek exhaust and decat, the backfire on that is pretty bloody wicked, probably the best sound this side of a £100,000on a car.

FM2 is still the business though, FM3 has a lot to live up to but im sure it will deliver, hopefully we can paint the race cars now and not just the 908 Pug, i would love to make an Oreca Audi R8, Kolles R10, Charouz Racing liveried Bentley or 962 and i would spend an age painting GT2 Ferrari's and Porsche's, and even longer on the 550 Maranello GT1's and the DBR9 if its in the game!
also hope we get some more tracks, motegi was a huge disappointment, rubbish track, hopefully we get Monza, Spa, Nurburgring GP, Donington Park, Fuji, Zolder, you get the picture, must say, i really am looking forward to this, it will definetely give GT5 one hell of a run for its money!
Old 2 Jul 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2495072)   #66
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that all cars including race cars will be paintable which would be fantastic!!

One point relating to Le Mans, I understand that there will be 3 versions, modern, Bugatti and no chicanes. I'd love the no chicane version to be faithful to the period that it was last used and more than just the modern version with the barriers removed as in GT4. I suspect I am likely to be dissapointed on that front!!

With regards to the tracks, it would be nice if future DLC could be incorporated into existing championships as I've hardly played on any of the Forza2 addon tracks. I don't tend to play online so the ability to make your own championship which counts toward your level would be cool. That way I can cut out the tracks and cars that i don't like!!!
Old 3 Jul 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2495330)   #67
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza 2 is still at the fore front of Xbox Live clan league racing, I dont think there is anything that matches Forza for creativety and potential for weird and wonderful rule sets. On Sunday il be doing the first round of TORA's (In Autosport and mentioned on Radio Le Mans a few times, I was there way before they appeared in those anyway ) Le Mans Series at Sebring, racing in GT2, and the competitiveness is just astounding.

Forza has a great community, and if it wasn't for them I would still be at my previous PS2 Gran Turismo 4 skill, which was, put lots of power in the car and try and barge people out of the way :P
Old 3 Jul 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2495467)   #68
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Forza 2 online is still the daddy, ive had some fantastic duels with people on here, the touring cars at PI 700 or something like that were pretty bloody epic, but im a sucker for the GT2 style machinery at PI 950 or something, my F430 is quite frankly the dog's danglies in BMS Scuderia Italia colours from 2008, hopefully they keep the same kind of system for Forza 3, it worked brilliantly in Forza 2 and imo its the thing that should NOT be changed along with the car painting and modifications.

On the front of Forza 3, has there been any indication as to what ACO Prototypes and GT cars there will be? i know they released a few details about Proto's but nothing new there, i just cant help but thinking were going to see the RS Spyder's, Acura's and possibly even the Lola Coupe's this time round and even the Oreca's, if they include the like's of the Lola coupe's and Oreca's, Pesca's etc, wouldnt it be the business if you could put the different proto engine's in them, say a 4.0 twin turbo AER, or a Judd V10, AM 6.0 V12 or the smaller P2 lumps, Judd DB V8, AER Mazda 2.0 turbo, Zytek etc and then paint them and run them in the 24 hours of le mans?
now turn 10 should read that, id have dibs on a Zytek engined Lola coupe in Repsol or Jagermeister colours
Old 25 Jul 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2507785)   #69
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clutch has been announced to be mapped to the right bumper for contrillers (not ideal, but where else where they going to put it?). Source is latest podcast.

Other things metnioned in the quote below are sourced from the forzamotorsport.net forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0man360 from forzamotorsport.net forums
Disclaimer: This is NOT word for word. This is notes. If I misrepresent something, someone else can fix it in a reply. This is just for those that like to read instead of listen. These are not the EXACT WORDS of Turn10, this is just what I heard. Don't take this as gospel.

1.) You can export video and it will put up a 720p wmv file on forzamotorsport.net

2.) Auto-braking follows the braking line for its braking. You just steer and gas now. They said multiple times that auto-braking is NOT as fast as someone who brakes on their own. It just makes you more consistent.

3.) You get infinite rewinds per race. using time rewind will mark your lap time as "uncertified" along with anytime there is drafting in the same race.

4.) Lap times listed on the leader boards will be listed as "certified" first and then "uncertified. So the worst certified time will be above the fastest uncertified race.

5.) There is now a clutch button, and it is on the left shoulder button on the controller. Hold button, clutch is engaged. Then you shift, then let off of the clutch. There is a missed shift if you don't hit it right. You can damage the car if you miss a shift with sim damage on. The clutch pedal mode is faster than without.

6.) There is now a.) automatic b.) manual and c.) manual + clutch.

7.) In multiplayer there is no rewind, however there is auto-braking. It can be turned off like any other assist.

8.) Auto-upgrade system. "generally useful script" that adds parts to a car based on top of the class. So pick A class, say auto-upgrade, and it will upgrade the car to the PI at the top of that class. If you can't afford all the upgrades for the top of A, it will get you as close as it can then stop.

9.) Auto-upgrade does NOT auto-tune the car. You must tune the car yourself still.

10.) Multiplayer is now like Halo3 and Call of Duty 4 party type of system now is how multiplayer works in FM3. Meaning there will be prebuilt game types that you can join publicly with your party, or you can just build your own private server with exactly your specifications. Things like vote to kick someone, vote to skip a track on these public servers.

11.) Examples of how public servers will be are class and type. ie C class drag, B class drift, A class road racing etc.

12.) They monitor our private matches and if a lot of people are playing a certain setup, they can make a new server based on those settings for the public server list.

13.) All multiplayer modes give you credits. There is no more career or exhibition race. If you race on forza3 in multiplayer (even like cat and mouse) you get credits.

14.) New modes not just racing. Tag mode where you tag someone they are it. There is smear the *** where someone is it, and they have to be tagged for points. There is also army/virus/zombie tag. There is now elimination mode. Finally there is now cat and mouse mode. It really sounds like they just swiped the halo setup and made it for cars.

15.) Scoring on time or drift or damage or whatever.

16.) Starting grid based on PI, gamer-score, car type etc.

17.) Delay start, let players have a 5 second lag between starts for instance.

18.) All cars in FM3 get a Performance Index (PI System). The race-cars classes are now part of the other cars classes. For example you can upgrade your car up to the R classes and through them as well. Some R class cars now have upgrades that can be done to them as well.

19.) Pi is now calculated on the ability of the car and not the ability of the AI to drive it. In FM2, to calculate PI they had the AI calculated what time it could get with each car. This had 1 flaw that the AI can not drive cars. Usually lots of power and poor tires tripped up the AI. Now in FM3, the capability of the car is represented. They hope (fingers crossed) this is more accurate of the cars potential.

"A virtual track that the system looks at. Literally looks at the cars maximum speed through each turn would be and tries to achieve that speed on every straightaway. The cars accelerate, brake, and corners with maximum perfect friction. The only way a player would be able to achieve that same performance would be to drive the car perfectly."

20.) Power-train swaps now split into engine and drivetrain swaps.

21.) Can flip cars on multiplayer. Just jostle the left stick back and forth and you can rock the car back onto its wheels.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2519925)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Acura LMP1 confirmed in official update!

Apparently it will appear in both De Ferran Motorpsorts and Highcroft Patron livery so I can pretend to be Brabs!!
Old 13 Aug 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2520641)   #71
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could be wrong but I read it as the de Ferran livery will be in the game but you could paint the car as the highcroft livery. I doubt they would be able to put the actual patron livery in from the start due to the patron sponsorship. Still though, I'm sure plenty of people will create that livery in the paint booth and then sell it in the auction house. Great to see that car in the game though.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 03:03 (Ref:2522713)   #72
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will this game be available on PS3?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 17 Aug 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2522763)   #73
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
No its exclusive to Xbox 360 just in the same way as Gran Turismo is exclusive to Sony.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2522972)   #74
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
well my wishes for forza have been granted, its official, all racing car's are paintable including the LMP's, GT's so im definetely going to plop some lovely paintschemes on the Acura ARX02 and the Ferrari F430 GT2, we have le mans in the game and likely more yet to be revealed tracks, only thing im skeptical about is the release date, i cant see it coming out in October, im more thinking a christmas release but here's hoping it does come out on time, i cant wait to get my hands on the Acura, hopefully the Zytek is in there as well.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2524472)   #75
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Its official, V8 Supercars are in game!

http://oxcgn.com/2009/08/19/oxcgns-f...me-screenshot/