Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Apr 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4045293)   #151
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder how close Ms Espray was to replacing Mr Brown, over the HMCA-employed Mr Buchan?

Certainly ticks a lot of the required boxes to run competitively in TCR. FWD experience, can race in a pack, can win a race (and championship), bravado, mechanically-minded. Has close ties to Triple Eight, Norwell-nurtured, and part of the Erebus "academy".

You could do a lot worse than Holly.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4045395)   #152
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I wonder how close Ms Espray was to replacing Mr Brown, over the HMCA-employed Mr Buchan?

Certainly ticks a lot of the required boxes to run competitively in TCR. FWD experience, can race in a pack, can win a race (and championship), bravado, mechanically-minded. Has close ties to Triple Eight, Norwell-nurtured, and part of the Erebus "academy".

You could do a lot worse than Holly.
Had wondered if there was something else in Ms Espray’s future with selling her freshly completed Excel for 888-style pricing.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Apr 2021, 23:02 (Ref:4045631)   #153
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is “Ms Espray”?
Old 12 Apr 2021, 00:57 (Ref:4045636)   #154
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Who is “Ms Espray”?
Holly Espray
Old 12 Apr 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4045695)   #155
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Holly Espray
And has she shown any interest or where does the notion that she could have been in the HMO car come from?

If HMO want to get to the front, why aren’t they doing a Honda or Audi & flying Tarquini in for the next round to see where the i30’s are really stacking up? Over two weeks to the next round so plenty of time to complete quarantine
Old 12 Apr 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4045696)   #156
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She tested a HMO car earlier this year, when they were looking for a driver.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 23:14 (Ref:4045764)   #157
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
She tested a HMO car earlier this year, when they were looking for a driver.
Thank you. Shame she didn’t get the seat, perhaps the funding to run the extra car that was run at Bathurst can be found for her later in the season.
Old 14 Apr 2021, 01:02 (Ref:4045902)   #158
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If HMO want to get to the front, why aren’t they doing a Honda or Audi & flying Tarquini in for the next round to see where the i30’s are really stacking up? Over two weeks to the next round so plenty of time to complete quarantine
I think the issue is that i30 is hopelessly draggy compared to other cars, and it is being replaced by the Elantra which looks a lot less draggy.

So on the long circuits it is going to struggle.
Old 14 Apr 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4045928)   #159
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I think the issue is that i30 is hopelessly draggy compared to other cars, and it is being replaced by the Elantra which looks a lot less draggy.

So on the long circuits it is going to struggle.
Missing Mr Brown, Morcom is running about where he was most of the time last year.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4046094)   #160
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The i30N TCR was plenty fast when it was first released! Couldn't the issues be more to do with considerable reductions in the turbocharger boost allowed on the i30N TCR compared to its specification in earlier seasons?
Old 17 Apr 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4046386)   #161
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The i30N TCR was plenty fast when it was first released! Couldn't the issues be more to do with considerable reductions in the turbocharger boost allowed on the i30N TCR compared to its specification in earlier seasons?
How many kilometres are on the engine and the turbos of the 4x Hyundais?
There was an issue in the HMO squad not having spare brake parts (boring stuff like rotors & pads) so older, less strong engines is not impossible either.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 00:55 (Ref:4046456)   #162
Umai Naa
Veteran

When the Hyundai support is merely not much more than a token gesture, there really isn't a whole lot of outside money being tipped in.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 04:21 (Ref:4046474)   #163
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
When the Hyundai support is merely not much more than a token gesture, there really isn't a whole lot of outside money being tipped in.
It's not even a token gesture, it's a licencing agreement and the money flows one way.

The assumption was you'd be able to make money selling cars and spares. But 2020 probably stuffed a lot of people's plans.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 06:56 (Ref:4046476)   #164
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
So without a front line driver, and an uninterested manufacturer, where is HMO’s basis for whinging about parity?
Old 18 Apr 2021, 07:38 (Ref:4046480)   #165
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
So without a front line driver, and an uninterested manufacturer, where is HMO’s basis for whinging about parity?
Making excuses in front of sponsors for a lack of results.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4046481)   #166
Umai Naa
Veteran

HMCA isn't kicking in the sort of coin that makes them a big dollar factory squad. HMO have a deal with Hyundai Motorsport Global, that sees them as the local distributor of cars and parts for TCR and rallying.

They have as much entitlement as any team on the grid to question the local BOP, however they were fairly well hobbled in 2019, when Mr Brown still got the job done with minimal effort...
Old 18 Apr 2021, 23:30 (Ref:4046633)   #167
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What i've been told is that the Australian teams want a new map in the ECU to allow for our lower grade fuel. The map has been draw up here and all they need is Hyundai TRC to upload it but they can't be bothered as it is only for a few cars. There is no help coming from Hyundai. The cars in Australia are leaning out on our fuel and they are blowing /damaging engines.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 19 Apr 2021, 01:39 (Ref:4046641)   #168
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
What i've been told is that the Australian teams want a new map in the ECU to allow for our lower grade fuel. The map has been draw up here and all they need is Hyundai TRC to upload it but they can't be bothered as it is only for a few cars. There is no help coming from Hyundai. The cars in Australia are leaning out on our fuel and they are blowing /damaging engines.
Arent TCRA using the same Panta fuel in use in European TCR?
Old 19 Apr 2021, 03:17 (Ref:4046647)   #169
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Maybe that announced arrangement has ceased?
Old 19 Apr 2021, 03:29 (Ref:4046649)   #170
Umai Naa
Veteran

The cars are all still running Panta signage, too.
Old 20 Apr 2021, 04:31 (Ref:4046831)   #171
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yep. Comes to the Aussie distributor and all they do is transport it to the tracks.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 01:36 (Ref:4048377)   #172
Mixer
Veteran

BoP adjustments prior to the start of the WTCR.

Hyundai: No adjustment
Audi RS3: +20kg, ride height up 10mm
Peugeot (-20kg), Honda (-10kg), Renault -10kg) all lose weight
Golf ride height down 10mm

All relative to previous BoP, not outright.

Not sure that this will answer the questions raised by Honda or Hyundai complaining about power adjustments.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/04/28...dqrmTWi9VZWTdQ
Old 1 May 2021, 03:16 (Ref:4048862)   #173
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
The disadvantage of live coverage is that there's too much piffle between races.
Old 2 May 2021, 00:52 (Ref:4049113)   #174
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Whinging about BoP seems to work.
Old 2 May 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4049142)   #175
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
The disadvantage of live coverage is that there's too much piffle between races.
The 'human interest' stories are usually poorly researched and presented on the fly as well. Wasnt too clever to have to switch networks right at the end of the TCR R3 coverage today as well.

It was also interesting.. to see Mr O'Keefe's Renault pulled out of the #3 slot in the R3 presentations, and replaced by Mr Morcon's Hyundai during the commercial break... to match the penalty...