Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Mar 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4105010)   #2551
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
From back in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
The only 3 not yet signed are 1 at Speedworks and 2 at BTC.
So the Dynamics seat was filled and then the deal fell through. I would imagine that all four seats are filled now.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4105013)   #2552
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
From back in February

So the Dynamics seat was filled and then the deal fell through. I would imagine that all four seats are filled now.
I don’t think certain people can grasp the concept of TBL’s and the fact that when a driver doesn’t get announced as soon as a deal is done, so it’s pointless pointing out obvious facts!

Certain people also can’t seem to grasp that when other people may know what seats are filled, they probably also know how many seats are actually available in the first place!

And yes, deals can fall through, as I pointed out ages ago, and as has happened publically on numerous occasions (Jackson, Cammish etc) and before going public, many times!

Also, it was hinted at by several people on here, months ago, that some TBL’s were likely to be returned. It was also relatively common knowledge, and noted by me months ago that Bert Taylor was attempting to get a 2-car entry on the grid for this season, for which he had deals in place if he could make it happen, but it was also noted that it was unlikely to go through in time for this season.

Also, if really bothers anyone that much, you check my posts where I referred, quite some time ago, to the fourth “BTC” seat in inverted commas, to which anyone with any brainpower would have read that at the as being that BTC weren’t running 4 cars.

Anyway, as again pointed out, any info shared by myself, and probably anyone else on here, some of whom know odds and ends because I know they’re well connected to certain teams, crew members or drivers, and other people who know a lot more than I do, is there to be taken however anyone wants to take it. It makes absolutely no odds to me or anyone else, but certain people seem to spit their dummy out because they feel like they’re being kept in the dark, and that doesn’t help anyone on the forum…

But, only a few weeks until we have some racing to focus on at last, now all the seats on the grid are actually filled!
Old 31 Mar 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4105016)   #2553
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Also, if really bothers anyone that much, you check my posts where I referred, quite some time ago, to the fourth “BTC” seat in inverted commas, to which anyone with any brainpower would have read that at the as being that BTC weren’t running 4 cars.
mprmke - the problem with looking back through your posts is understanding which ones will materialise in the course of time. In this thread you have posted the following:

'I'm lead to believe that Butel isn't coming back'
'Neal will be back driving in 2022.'
'As of last week 2/3 Speedworks seats were filled and 3rd was close.'
'Third [Team Dynamics' seat is filled, regardless of what soundbites come out.'
'[Sutton] wouldn’t want to switch to FWD I’m sure.'

Which would lead many readers to question how factually correct the statement about only 3 seats being unsigned was.........
Old 31 Mar 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4105018)   #2554
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so Charlie Martin will be development driver for Rokit

don't understand why they need such a position for just 1 car and considering Hill is one of the best of the series already
Attached Thumbnails
Charlie-Martin.png  
Old 31 Mar 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4105020)   #2555
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

don't understand why they need such a position for just 1 car and considering Hill is one of the best of the series already
Didn’t they sign some Gt driver I can’t remember the name last year as their hybrid development driver
Old 31 Mar 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4105021)   #2556
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well, the realist says the development driver will bring in money paying towards the ride - I would be surprised if this isn't the case, it generally is.

It also gives the team a potential driver to fall back on if the regular is unavailable for some reason.

The cynic says because she is a pretty young lady she will attract media attention which will raise the team and sponsors profile as well as her own being in the BTCC family.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 18:52 (Ref:4105027)   #2557
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Diversity is key for sponsors in some cases and she ticks several.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4105028)   #2558
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Reading the press release, the partnership seems to be the development of the driver not the car.

Nurturing drivers is a laudable venture, is it not?
Old 31 Mar 2022, 19:17 (Ref:4105030)   #2559
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
mprmke - the problem with looking back through your posts is understanding which ones will materialise in the course of time. In this thread you have posted the following:

'I'm lead to believe that Butel isn't coming back'
'Neal will be back driving in 2022.'
'As of last week 2/3 Speedworks seats were filled and 3rd was close.'
'Third [Team Dynamics' seat is filled, regardless of what soundbites come out.'
'[Sutton] wouldn’t want to switch to FWD I’m sure.'

Which would lead many readers to question how factually correct the statement about only 3 seats being unsigned was.........
Don’t let reality get in the way of fantasy attention seeking BS
Old 31 Mar 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4105031)   #2560
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Didn’t they sign some Gt driver I can’t remember the name last year as their hybrid development driver
Andrew Watson

And Esmee Hawkey in 2020 as Official Development Driver

It's all about promoting the driver to a wider audience and pushing their career, and nothing to do with BTCC
Old 1 Apr 2022, 07:52 (Ref:4105058)   #2561
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Andrew Watson

And Esmee Hawkey in 2020 as Official Development Driver

It's all about promoting the driver to a wider audience and pushing their career, and nothing to do with BTCC
The Howdens sponsorship on the MB cars came from Andrew Watson’s involvement as Development Driver that season.
Old 1 Apr 2022, 13:20 (Ref:4105080)   #2562
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
More shape to the grid formed this week.

Edwards and Cook confirmed at BTC

The second Motorbase entry confirmed as 'Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan'

JST entries now stand at 8 - so a healthy contest looks likely.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 1 Apr 2022, 17:02 (Ref:4105093)   #2563
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
More shape to the grid formed this week.

Edwards and Cook confirmed at BTC

The second Motorbase entry confirmed as 'Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan'

JST entries now stand at 8 - so a healthy contest looks likely.
shouldn't Plato and Collard be at BTC - Speedworks with a question mark ?
Old 1 Apr 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4105097)   #2564
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
If every driver who tested a car was listed, there would be hundreds of ?s
Old 1 Apr 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4105098)   #2565
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If every driver who tested a car was listed, there would be hundreds of ?s
Wasn't it a scale of 1 to 3?
Old 1 Apr 2022, 18:07 (Ref:4105101)   #2566
N359g
Rookie

N359g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I swear I saw that Plato was announced at BTC earlier today. No post there now so wondering if it was an April Fool post, an announcement released in error or did I imagine it???
Old 1 Apr 2022, 18:36 (Ref:4105103)   #2567
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like a rumour backed up by a test 2 weeks before Media Day doesn't hold as much water as a rumour on its own
Old 1 Apr 2022, 20:01 (Ref:4105110)   #2568
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N359g View Post
I swear I saw that Plato was announced at BTC earlier today. No post there now so wondering if it was an April Fool post, an announcement released in error or did I imagine it???
It was BTCC Memes page’s April fool on Instagram
Old 2 Apr 2022, 08:40 (Ref:4105137)   #2569
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, I didn't think it was true either
Old 2 Apr 2022, 12:06 (Ref:4105152)   #2570
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we really saying we want young exciting Proctor to be replaced by Plato? Proctor was pretty impressive last year and deserves the seat.

There doesn’t seem to have been much discussion about Edwards. Her season last year was very similar to her Clio seasons. This might be a make or break year?
Old 2 Apr 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4105153)   #2571
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
This might be a make or break year?

Why? She's not very good, but she is pretty well funded so will continue for as long as she wishes to.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 13:35 (Ref:4105158)   #2572
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Are we really saying we want young exciting Proctor to be replaced by Plato? Proctor was pretty impressive last year and deserves the seat.

There doesn’t seem to have been much discussion about Edwards. Her season last year was very similar to her Clio seasons. This might be a make or break year?
Agree on both counts. Proctor was one of the stars of last season compared to Plato being nowhere for 5 years. But as others have said, if Proctor struggled for funds last year, and now they have the proposition of Plato's sponsors, it's not looking good.

Yeah, she'll be at the back of the grid again with the commentators reminding us every other lap how brilliantly she's doing....
Old 2 Apr 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4105167)   #2573
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Yeah, she'll be at the back of the grid again with the commentators reminding us every other lap how brilliantly she's doing....
Remind me which events Jade qualified on the back row?
Old 2 Apr 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4105168)   #2574
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Just remember, for some BTCC followers, anything outside of the top ten is 'back of the grid' and not worth bothering to race.
Old 2 Apr 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4105169)   #2575
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Remind me how many points she got compared to her teammate's 303 and 206?