Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Oct 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4077863)   #76
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
The Sutton haters are out in force.
With fully fashioned tin-foil hats it seems too.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4077866)   #77
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Turkington did what I predicted, lights to flag win. Tingram kept Sutton behind long enough to limit the damage. Ash didn’t even benefit from those penalised in front
Old 10 Oct 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4077868)   #78
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sutton has a healthy lead, but Paul O’Neill pointed out AJ in 2013. Even though he won it, an incident in R2 meant he had to wait till R3 to wrap it up, despite a similar lead to Sutton coming in

As for the Tingram penalty, there was contact and it didn’t seem much, but then that’s the letter of the law unfortunately, even if it did seem harsh. Still seems a bit of a low blow by Dynamics to protest
Old 10 Oct 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4077869)   #79
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Turks rarely has a good weekend at Brands. Barring a total disaster, Sutton has this sewn up.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4077870)   #80
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hill did imply that the real fight is for 2nd place (at least for him)
Old 10 Oct 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4077876)   #81
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeeez people.... if it's so scary for you to see Sutton being some points ahead of the rivals then don't watch it, as simple as that. It's not like 'someone wants Sutton to win', it's just Sutton + his team are the best package this year. Honestly, I'd like to see him win at least a race at Brands, seems ages since he's last won.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 20:58 (Ref:4077889)   #82
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I got moved to Starkey's this morning, on the inside at post 11. Same applies tomorrow!

@BTCC_Frog, how did you get on today?
It was great, thanks. I sat on the inside of the Old Hairpin for almost the whole time, but fluctuated between closer to the Craner Curves and closer to Schwantz Curve a bit. I think that is probably the best part of the track in terms of entertainment, while there was also a big screen that was just visible, so I would say it is probably the second-best viewing point I have been at after Paddock Hill Bend at Brands Hatch. Interestingly, the Old Hairpin barely looks like a corner from that spot; it looks like an easy flat-out (but obviously isn't).

In terms of the racing, Tom Ingram's move on Shedden was never a penalty, but suggestions that 'they want Sutton to win it' are ridiculous. He's going to win anyway, there's no need to meddle, and the BTCC always want close title fights so there's no way they would try to help a driver 30 points ahead. We don't have to have a fantastic title battle every season, and Sutton and Team BMR absolutely deserve in in 2021. My driver of the weekend would have to be Dan Lloyd, despite his messing up at the start of race three. PMR seem to be back on form, or maybe Silverstone and Donington are just tracks that suit the Astra (and Brands Hatch also suits that car). But Lloyd has totally outclassed Plato and has taken three podiums and six good points finishes in that time. I can't see Plato staying at Power Maxed for 2022, but don't want to see him retire so I still hope he gets another drive. Other stars of the weekend would be Shedden, Ingram and Butcher.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:05 (Ref:4077893)   #83
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crikey. What a weekend!

Great to see (and hear) so many spectators at Donington. It's been an awful long time.

I wish to apologise for the magnet I obviously had in my bag that pulled Morgan into the tyre wall in race 1. Having looked closely at the car it wasn't that much of a surprise to see the team not get it back out until R3.

We had everything thrown at us over the weekend with the exception of the Minis, who threw themselves everywhere else!

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. More please!
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4077894)   #84
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sutton has a healthy lead, but Paul O’Neill pointed out AJ in 2013. Even though he won it, an incident in R2 meant he had to wait till R3 to wrap it up, despite a similar lead to Sutton coming in
Exactly - and you only have to look at Brands this year to see what can happen in a single weekend.

Colin scored 2 points all weekend, Ash scored 36. If the results end up reversed at the next round, then Colin takes the title by 3 points.

In all honestly, I expect that Ash will take the title - and of the myriad of possible outcomes Ash obviously wins the title in the vast majority, but sport can always throw up a surprise.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:18 (Ref:4077895)   #85
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So why did Hill not get a penalty for his 'push to pass' in R3?
Old 10 Oct 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4077908)   #86
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the raciest I've seen Turks over a whole race day in quite a while, was great to see him pulling moves and racing rather than driving round holding position.

On the flip side Ash is just doing what he needs to do now I expect the points will close up a bit at Brands but I think he'll still be 20 points or so ahead after Race 30 but we're in for a great battle over second at Brands.

Some very underwhelming results today, was a shame to see Plato going backwards and similarly a very quiet weekend from all the other BMWs but especially Tom Oliphant.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 07:14 (Ref:4077962)   #87
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
So this was posted in the Silverstone thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
So... Tim Harvey hinted that all was not well in the Laser Tools team in quali?
Boardley this weekend:
Quote:
I'm struggling to find the positives at the minute if I'm being completely honest. Um, lots of, lots of things going on both on and off track and um, and yeah, it's starting to take its toll now.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 07:22 (Ref:4077963)   #88
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Boardley this weekend:
Was surprised to see him qualify on the back row, he's quicker than that.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 07:38 (Ref:4077965)   #89
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So why did Hill not get a penalty for his 'push to pass' in R3?
Presumably the other guy didn't protest?
Old 11 Oct 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4077967)   #90
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I thinK that’s what BMW and Turks have missed this year, a wingman or
Wingmen taking points off others.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 08:25 (Ref:4077968)   #91
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I thinK that’s what BMW and Turks have missed this year, a wingman or
Wingmen taking points off others.
Oliphant started very well but has been absolutely nowhere the second half of the season.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4077969)   #92
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Oliphant started very well but has been absolutely nowhere the second half of the season.
Jelley has become the more consistent top-15 runner, but not quite at the level needed to take occasional points off Sutton (yet).
Old 11 Oct 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4077970)   #93
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Still seems a bit of a low blow by Dynamics to protest
Dynamics have had a barren year by their standards so will scrap for every win by any means. Moral or otherwise, but I don't blame them to be fair. I'd imagine they are in a tough place financially since Honda stepped away and trying to attract investors/sponsors so every win counts.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4077984)   #94
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Dynamics have had a barren year by their standards so will scrap for every win by any means. Moral or otherwise, but I don't blame them to be fair. I'd imagine they are in a tough place financially since Honda stepped away and trying to attract investors/sponsors so every win counts.
Has Rowbottom won the Jack Sears?
Old 11 Oct 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4077986)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

He has now. Did it with style as well, even if he did have a top car and team with him to do the job
Old 11 Oct 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4078001)   #96
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Has Rowbottom won the Jack Sears?
Yes - the one title that is confirmed before heading to Brands.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4078002)   #97
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we are talking about push to pass - was anything done to Cook for pushing Rowbottom in R1 and R2?
Old 11 Oct 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4078007)   #98
spoton
Rookie

spoton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don’t be silly, that would be to consistent.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 12:08 (Ref:4078009)   #99
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jelley has become the more consistent top-15 runner, but not quite at the level needed to take occasional points off Sutton (yet).
I think most people expected Jelley to be an upgrade on Oliphant. Jelley would be doing better than he is if BMW had a better car this season, but it’s had a few little minor issues this season that have just stopped it from competing in a lot of races with the formidable Sutton/Infinity combination.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4078042)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

Jelley is better than Oliphant and his talent is there, but things just haven’t worked out. Definitely the BMW isn’t as good as it has been