Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 17 Apr 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1587087)   #1
simon_blay
Racer

simon_blay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
castle combe - bank holiday monday

Hey,

Did anyone else go today? I was really surprised at the turnout, I have been on the F3/GT weekend, and I dont remember it being that busy, even then. Today it seemed to be packed, and some very nice cars in the car parks, as well as on the track, the Enzo imparticular.

There were some huge fields of cars again, in the 30's and 40's, but Im never sure about the racing itself, some of the events seem to have a few too many classes, leaving the field a bit spread out.

All in all tho, a gud day, unlike the poor bloke who wrote off his Jag e-type, gotta feel for that man!

Si
Old 17 Apr 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1587153)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
hello i went today its busyiest i have seen it since rally day last year the big grids were good and what about that first formula ford race you can view some of my pictures here www.marktucker.photos.us.com
Old 17 Apr 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1587178)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Yup, I was down with you on Tower Tux

Helluva day, As I mentioned to a few people, It's not often you can go to a meeting, see a Shelby 350GT and it's not even nearly the most desirable car there.

Annoyingly, I've been forced to add a new car to my list of cars that I must own before I die, the Bizarrini 5300GT was just too gorgeous.

Thanks to all competitors for putting on a good show today, esp. the Cloth Cap/Top Hat chaps who were really superb value.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1587217)   #4
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What? yet ANOTHER success for the 'new' Castle Combe race organization?

Way to go Adrian!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1587218)   #5
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....and everyone else involved, of course!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1587538)   #6
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As usual spent the whole day up there even though i'm not really a fan of historic stuff i did enjoy it,apart from the ****** who was not happy about losing 5 mins of his cloth cap race and the last lap was shown too early i hope he was dealt with for making his feelings known over the speaker system think bad loser comes to mind!!!
As usual the combe fford provided excellent action and the propect of qualifying races in the future [depending on interest]will really give drivers and spectators value for money,too be honest sometimes its the combe based championships that seem to provide the best entertainment the GT's still need a little work but even so they are really quick.
The next meetings more my style bit more up to date
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1587562)   #7
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Yup, I was down with you on Tower Tux

Helluva day, As I mentioned to a few people, It's not often you can go to a meeting, see a Shelby 350GT and it's not even nearly the most desirable car there.

Annoyingly, I've been forced to add a new car to my list of cars that I must own before I die, the Bizarrini 5300GT was just too gorgeous.

Thanks to all competitors for putting on a good show today, esp. the Cloth Cap/Top Hat chaps who were really superb value.

ooooooo which one were you?
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1587934)   #8
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
lol - Blue tint specs ring a bell?
Old 18 Apr 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1588063)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great day out. Just wandering through the paddock was worth the gate price. Some fantastic cars and good racing.

I thought that Combe's own series put up a great showing as well, some of the best racing I've seen in a good while.