Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 21 May 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1615797)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC @ Silverstone

On behalf of John, Brian, Nigel & myself, heartfelt thanks to you one & all, without your hard work & good sense of humour we could never have run this meeting in what were atrocious & very British weather conditions.
Hopefully see you all @ the Classic in July.
Old 22 May 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1616063)   #2
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
As is so often the case, Dave has beaten me to it! I'd would just like to add my thanks, both personally and on behalf of the club, for not only some excellent marshalling and teamwork but also putting up with such awful weather conditions. Also a big 'thank you' to Pam, Peter and everybody in Race Control - it's always a pleasure to work with you.
It always hurts to lose a race but I don't think that most of the Derek Bell competitors were too keen to 'explore' those conditions with wide tyres and that much power!
Do come to the 'Classic' meeting at the end of July. I'm going to make a rash promise and say the weather will be better (simply on the grounds that it can't be worse!).
Thanks again
Old 22 May 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1616231)   #3
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also like to take this opportunity of thanking all the marshals. Having enough of you certainly made my life easier and I only had to move one marshal on Sunday.

I still don't believe it is May with the weather we seem to be having. Several drivers suggested we run meetings during November - January when the weather seems to be better!!

One note for any drivers reading this, on the two by two grid it is the yellow markings!!. You certainly notice that for the one by one's the drivers can grid up perfectly as the white lines show up really well.

See you all at the Classic, if not before.

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal Co-ordinator HSCC
Old 22 May 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1616257)   #4
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

As a marshal I'd like to say thanks to all at the Historic Sport Boat Club for putting on such a great meeting.
Both Saturday and Sunday wre excellent, despite the slight drizzle.
Especially like to congradulate the Formula 2 guys on Sunday for putting on such a good show in the conditions, and to the snatch crew at brooklands for the fastest snatch ever, during that event.
Also, well done to the Incident and medical crew for the way they dealt with the incident on the south circuit. Judging by the transmissions over the radios/scanners, you're response was very fast and professional, I hope both instructor and passenger are O.K.
Finally, well done to the tractor driver, trying to clear the water from the entrance to brooklands, who doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "to fight a losing battle" .
Old 22 May 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1616397)   #5
PeterM
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
PeterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good to give the wets an airing. They don't get out much fortunately. I echo the comments on the F2. Good show in the conditions. i'm sure i saw fish in some of the puddles!
Old 22 May 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1616410)   #6
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a shame I could only do the Saturday and despite the wetness had one hell of a time!

I was at Copse and could only wince at how close we were to having a biggun. thank god we didnt!
Old 22 May 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1616433)   #7
Startline Ed
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Startline Ed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good show indeed. More rooster tails than your could shake a stick at.
Still at least it wasnt as wet as the 1000ks last year, monsoon anyone?
Old 22 May 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1616647)   #8
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well done to all volunteer officials at Silverstone this weekend - Sunday was terrible, and thanks from the BRDC for braving the weather to allow the HSCC to keep the programme on-track.

The sun even came out for our BRDC Historic Sportscar Championship race - Whizzo and Graeme Dodd were spectacular around Woodcote.

I enjoyed talking to many of you during Sunday - thanks for the kind comments, and to those who asked - Yes, the planning for November's WHT is well underway....now where is my umbrella !!
Old 22 May 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1616660)   #9
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And your Galoshes