Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Sep 2020, 23:35 (Ref:4004434)   #826
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 20:08 (Ref:4005173)   #827
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad RLM once again provided first class coverage
Old 20 Sep 2020, 22:32 (Ref:4005212)   #828
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Glad RLM once again provided first class coverage
No doubt. Long live Radio Show Ltd.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:29 (Ref:4005262)   #829
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although this year's Le Mans wasn't exactly comparable to my previous 34, my Eurosport set-up with RLM commentary did me proud. Yes there were times when I wished that Hindy and Daman would actually concentrate on the race, I enjoyed the commentary. The only sad thing for me about that was the absence of Trussers. As an old friend as well as the data 'guru', he was sadly missed.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:32 (Ref:4005294)   #830
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well agreed RLM did us proud as usual. In the current situation it was good to have the familiar sound of the circuit to make us at least feel part of the usual event. Thanks to all there.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4005299)   #831
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I stuck with them all through. Was noticeable that Hindy was getting a bit "stir crazy" but the final bit where they discussed the various buried spares was entertaining even if a little old fashioned in terms of commentary style.

The only problem with the Eurosport and RLM was when Eurosport was interviewing drivers etc. and not being able to hear them too.

Overall it was like sharing the living room with a few old mates.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4005300)   #832
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes it was a bit like that and the chat on ten tenths helped to make the race feel better as well
Old 21 Sep 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4005307)   #833
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't watch the whole 24 hours or even 20 hours for the first time in many years (as I'm not interested in mono cups), and so listened to RLM for some 4-5 hours. What I've heard was a way better than Eurosport average omnivorous talking heads. If only they (RLM) could have Allan McNish with them for the whole coverage - would be splendid. And, of course, Paul Truswell too.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:22 (Ref:4005326)   #834
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Although this year's Le Mans wasn't exactly comparable to my previous 34, my Eurosport set-up with RLM commentary did me proud. Yes there were times when I wished that Hindy and Daman would actually concentrate on the race, I enjoyed the commentary. The only sad thing for me about that was the absence of Trussers. As an old friend as well as the data 'guru', he was sadly missed.
Why didn t he attend?
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:28 (Ref:4005327)   #835
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Why didn t he attend?

I believe he’s not in the best of health
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:30 (Ref:4005328)   #836
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I believe he’s not in the best of health
http://trussers.blogspot.com/

8th June post.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Sep 2020 at 11:39.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:31 (Ref:4005329)   #837
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Why didn t he attend?
Cancer.
http://trussers.blogspot.com/2020/06...ed-events.html
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:35 (Ref:4005330)   #838
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ouch, thanks for posting that.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4005332)   #839
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TBH I didn't see much of the race on TV as I was building a new garden shed, however I did have RLM on while doing that and I can't fault there coverage as ever.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4005333)   #840
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
TBH I didn't see much of the race on TV as I was building a new garden shed, however I did have RLM on while doing that and I can't fault there coverage as ever.
I never thought I'd see the day when Rob Jones would rather make a garden shed than watch Le Mans..... How times have changed.......
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:48 (Ref:4005335)   #841
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think he would have rather been watching le mans, but he was told to build a shed and life is easier if you do as you are told
Old 21 Sep 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4005343)   #842
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I never thought I'd see the day when Rob Jones would rather make a garden shed than watch Le Mans..... How times have changed.......
I was under orders.....normal service will return in 2021
Old 21 Sep 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4005359)   #843
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Get a grip man!
Old 21 Sep 2020, 14:10 (Ref:4005367)   #844
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Get a grip man!
He had a good grip on a hammer a saw and some nails i think
Old 21 Sep 2020, 16:55 (Ref:4005394)   #845
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The only problem with the Eurosport and RLM was when Eurosport was interviewing drivers etc. and not being able to hear them too.
If you can use Eurosport Player there's the uninterrupted stream and you can change the audio track (bottom right hand corner, looks like it should be subtitles), the QIS option is trackside mics with no commentary but does have the audio of driver interviews. Downside is you have to mute RLM while the interview is on.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 21:44 (Ref:4005708)   #846
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Late to the party; sorry. Mixed and matched while doing other stuff. Thursday / Friday Eurosport Uninterrupted Player was taking WEC comms who were excellent and most of the time talked to the pictures.
Saturday at Cadwell, ignored Marcus Pye (sacrilege, sorry again) on the PA. Watched Eurosport on the phone for the start over lunchtime but soon found one of their commentary teams not worth listening too so switched to RLM for the afternoon which made for a strange experience while watching different races.
Sunday at BGT Donington - RLM through TuneIn app again until the end of the race.
There was at times less going on, so the the commentary does tend to wander a bit and I guess is not strictly talking to a set of pictures.
Trussers was missed (although featured briefly earlier in the weekend) and all best wishes to him.
Hopefully back to normal on 91.2 FM next year
Old 22 Sep 2020, 23:34 (Ref:4005720)   #847
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a busy weekend, glad you got some good coverage, always good if you can find. But the best thing was you were at race meeting in this country while listening to the race in France at the same time. Best of both worlds. As long as you enjoyed it and it was worth missing bits of the on track action at Cadwell and Donny. Long may great coverage of LM continue
Old 23 Sep 2020, 16:54 (Ref:4005885)   #848
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I watched/listened to the WEC feed on the official app. I thought their commentary was outstanding. They very nicely balance commentating on the race with additional anecdote/reminiscence/insight.

Alan McNish (who does take himself very seriously) and Martin Haven (whose off-colour jokes are a bit hit-and-miss) seem to irritate each other now and then, but Graham Goodwin is usually there to smooth things over .

Like every sports racing fan I have huge affection for the RLM crew and enjoy spending the long hours of a 24H race with them. I do though sometimes wish they'd concentrate a bit more on the actual race. I suspect that when he's in the middle of a long story, theory or pet peeve it would take a car literally exploding in flames to get Mr Hindhaugh's attention back on the track .
Old 23 Sep 2020, 17:05 (Ref:4005888)   #849
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes indeed! I've been listening to RLM since it's inception in 1987 and Hindy since he first went to LM in 1989. Amusingly (bearing in mind your comment) the memorable thing about his (limited) role in the commentary in 1989 was when he reported on the WM Peugeot going up in flames interrupting Bob Constanduros who was trying to interview someone... Bob retorted that it was hardly earth-shattering news, or words to that effect! Roles reversed for Hindy.....
Old 23 Sep 2020, 17:43 (Ref:4005893)   #850
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Now those two comments together made me chuckle, probably started listening to RLM a couple of years after it started, before that it was 20 minutes past the hour standing by the commentary posts.