Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Feb 2016, 10:33 (Ref:3615412)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The richest young drivers

There are many young drivers from very rich familys in the different categories. perhaps we could do a top ten list with the exact amount of wealth.

We have Jordan King (JUstin King)
Lance Stroll (Lawrence Stroll)
Sean Gelael
Nikita Mazepin
Old 17 Feb 2016, 11:09 (Ref:3615420)   #2
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Kami Laliberte
Old 17 Feb 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3615421)   #3
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Harrison Newey
Artem Markelov
Gustafson Malja
Old 17 Feb 2016, 13:22 (Ref:3615441)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
There are many young drivers from very rich familys in the different categories. perhaps we could do a top ten list with the exact amount of wealth.

Sean Gelael
Nikita Mazepin
Any particular reason why?

I'm not convinced this will generate huge discussion because most posters always moan about the silver spoon brigade and ignore the fact that some of them might actually be very good....
Old 17 Feb 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3615451)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think yer man just likes lists.

it's a bit more interesting to me how these lads with a big pile of money behind them end up having different approaches to it. the dads who are proper businessmen or a bit keen on control end up investing in their own team so they can spend the money themselves, whereas others are far more content to pay the experts the going rate to do it instead.

there's no proper way of doing it and each way has its disadvantages and advantages, but the whole thing is fascinating in a "how would i do it if i won the euromillions jackpot" kind of way
Old 17 Feb 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3615481)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What actually does this achieve? Define richest? Richest parent? Wealthiest backer?

And there is absolutely no correlation between the abilities of a driver and the amount of backing they have. It can influence development, certainly, and experience too, but this doesn't affect everything.

Not convinced this thread has much use at all other than to compile a list of drivers that certain people can bash for illogical, unfair and needless reasons.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3615484)   #7
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Any particular reason why?

I'm not convinced this will generate huge discussion because most posters always moan about the silver spoon brigade and ignore the fact that some of them might actually be very good....
Yes no doubt about that.

The reason why is: I think that these guys are very likely to be in F1 in the future. Not all of them, but I think the more money there the higher are the chances to join F1.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3615504)   #8
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The reason why is: I think that these guys are very likely to be in F1 in the future. Not all of them, but I think the more money there the higher are the chances to join F1.
and not gonna lie... that's the exact reason why F1 is becoming crap. focusing more on the cash than the talent.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 23:34 (Ref:3616164)   #9
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Sean Gelael
Nikita Mazepin
I think Nick Latifi would be on your list towards the top , but Jordan I suspect would be towards the lower end of the wealth scale on the GP2 grid. It is all irrelevant because if you are able to ask Mum and Dad for 2 million pounds a year to go motor racing then you are in a good place for the future, at this level Motorsport is really only possible for very few people so I think a rich list serves no purpose other than to enforce the obvious. GP2 is the feeder to F1 so it is quite possible that some of the current GP2 drivers and future ones may well end up owning teams in F1 which will be the next interesting development down the road .
Old 20 Feb 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3616334)   #10
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would add Kami Laliberté and Giuliano Alesi who are both funded by Guy Laliberté.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3616336)   #11
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the Hapsburg kid would be near the top of this list.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3616501)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ezequiel Pérez Companc
Old 21 Feb 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3616537)   #13
ricklay
Rookie

ricklay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Ezequiel Pérez Companc
Who is he? Dont know him..
Old 21 Feb 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3616552)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan View Post
I would add Kami Laliberté and Giuliano Alesi who are both funded by Guy Laliberté.
Really? Why would he pay for Alesi to do GO3 rather than put him in the FIA F3 team he owns, which also has an empty seat?