Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Feb 2021, 23:32 (Ref:4034902)   #26
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Thread bump!

2021 Pure ETCR schedule:

June 18-20: Vallelunga (TCR Italy)
July 2-4: Zolder (24 Hours)
July 9-11: Aragón (WTCR)
August 6-8: Copenhagen
October 15-17: Inje (WTCR)

Odd calendar.

Still remains to be seen if this format isn’t going to totally suck.

I would have preferred regular TC racing, embracing the new tech, but without the gimmicks to try and hide the slower pace
Old 13 Feb 2021, 06:33 (Ref:4034919)   #27
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Odd calendar.

Still remains to be seen if this format isn’t going to totally suck.

I would have preferred regular TC racing, embracing the new tech, but without the gimmicks to try and hide the slower pace
I think it's more about making up for the smaller expected field.
Old 13 Feb 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4034980)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
WTCR and ETCR are huge rivals.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4035265)   #29
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I think it's more about making up for the smaller expected field.
Excatly, this is the point!

Obviously they need to attract more manufacturers but at the same time they need a sort of demo racing to show what these cars can do.

I think that the 2020 crise didn't help the grow of the championship. Anyway, there is one more constructor that want to be involved so let's see.

I would like to see a proper electric touring car championship in future
Old 15 Feb 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4035301)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I see it too as a demo series.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4035920)   #31
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I see it too as a demo series.
Yes, cause you can't do proper racing with six entries.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 11:16 (Ref:4036403)   #32
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Team Cupra confirmed the three drivers: Ekstrom, Azcona and the evergreen Jordi Gene

Gene is the tester for Seat/Cupra but he will struggle a lot imho with this format, given also the fact he has limited experience with rwd cars... it was better to choose someone quicker or at least more talented

--------------------

Vernay was announced with Romeo Ferraris but then he's been confirmed by Hyundai and he will develop the Veloster ETCR. Very strange....
Old 23 Feb 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4036407)   #33
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
given also the fact he has limited experience with rwd cars...
I take it you are overlooking the fact he is both a former F3000 race winner and Le Mans class winner, both driving RWD cars?
Old 23 Feb 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4036410)   #34
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
I take it you are overlooking the fact he is both a former F3000 race winner and Le Mans class winner, both driving RWD cars?
He has a really big experience but those successes came 20 years ago or more...

Surely he is a perfect testing drivers but racing is very different. If you compare him to people like Ekstrom, Farfus, Vernay... in my opinion he will struggle but Cupra maybe choosed him for feedbacks and not result. I don't know......
Old 24 Feb 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4036571)   #35
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought that FE has clearly shown that EV have nothing in common with racing. Maybe they are good for 2-3 minutes of rallycross or 10 seconds of burning tires for advertising, but for racing - no way. Super amazing marvelous Jaguar Trophy as a clue.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4036587)   #36
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The powertrain doesn't make it good or bad racing. Track size/type, vehicle type, driver skill, etc make good racing.

Stick the ETCR powertrain into NGTC cars, on UK tracks with the current BTCC drivers and the racing would be as good as using 2.0 petrol engines.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 12:09 (Ref:4036619)   #37
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Super amazing marvelous Jaguar Trophy as a clue.
I think if you would put any racing SUVs with stock engines on tiny, narrow street circuits you would get the same level of action...
Old 19 Mar 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4041482)   #38
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
So Stefano Coletti will drive one of the Romeo Ferraris Alfa Giulia for the team...

Decent driver in GP2, then he tried in in Indycar but struggled a lot and since then never seen anything of him. I hope he will adapt quickly to these difficult electric touring car.

As for Vernay I don't understand if he is in in the Romeo Ferraris project after the Hyundai announcement. I believe not at this point...
Old 19 Mar 2021, 12:28 (Ref:4041487)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Old 19 Mar 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4041519)   #40
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
I thought that FE has clearly shown that EV have nothing in common with racing.
What FE races have you watched? I've followed motorsport since the early 70's and many of the FE races have been as good as any for action and wheel to wheel racing.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4042664)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExNjqF_X...name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExNjsOMW...name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExNjvF9W...name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExNjxCsW...name=4096x4096

The Alfa Romeo is a cool looking car.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4042680)   #42
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does look great! Any ideas what is stuck to the front of it? I guess its some form of data logging equipment but not seen anything like that before.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4042755)   #43
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Any ideas what is stuck to the front of it? I guess its some form of data logging equipment but not seen anything like that before.
Looks like a speed sensor. Shins a light downwards and measure the change in position of the returned beam. If you look closely at the pictures you can see the reflection of the light on the ground.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 23:08 (Ref:4042830)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So that’s how they work. Never would have guessed that. Thanks for the info
Old 27 Apr 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4048126)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Augusto Farfus, Jean-Karl Vernay, Tom Chilton and John Filippi race for Hyundai in ETCR.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4048234)   #46
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
No news and no cars from the MG side. I wonder if the raising number of Hyundai is caused by the lack of the MG cars for the ETCR 2021
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4048238)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wonder why we’re not hearing much from MG?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4048331)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
The MG project was never official announced. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4048332)   #49
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The MG project was never official announced. Correct me if I am wrong.
I think as official as it got was Xavier Gavory quoted as saying: "Officially registered we have Cupra, who were the first manufacturer to come onboard with Mattias Eskstrom and Jordi Gene at the wheel of their impressive eRacer. They have made a lot of communication around this and the car is very beautiful and very aggressive. Then we have Alfa Romeo and MG, who have built ETCR spec cars. Both have announced the production of the cars, and we expect to have their registration very soon. Obviously Hyundai has the Veloster that is eligible and it is another extremely nice and aggressive car in terms of its looks, and they have done a lot of testing already with the car. They will hopefully register officially very soon."
Old 28 Apr 2021, 17:49 (Ref:4048333)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
That's indeed a quote from someone who should know.