Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 8 Oct 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4077488)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
I broke a clavicle in a similar cycling accident. I went over the bars when I hit a raccoon. It took me a couple of months to recover but I'm sure Rinus got much better treatment. So I was impressed to see him get through the weekend at Mid-Ohio with so little time lapsed after his accident. He qualified 11th but only managed a 16th place finish. I think he said later that he wasn't in top shape at that race, but I don't recall hearing that the injury hampered his pace after that. I hope that the team can find some road course pace in the off season and Rinus can be competitive.

A couple of months, 6 to 8 weeks is the average amount of time, but we all heal differently from each other and that partly depends on the severity of the fracture.

I'm not surprised he wasn't in top shape, though with 16th at Mid-Ohio being his best result post the broken clavical,makes one wonder what shape he was in for the remainder of the season?
Old 9 Oct 2021, 05:15 (Ref:4077566)   #52
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A couple of months, 6 to 8 weeks is the average amount of time, but we all heal differently from each other and that partly depends on the severity of the fracture.

I'm not surprised he wasn't in top shape, though with 16th at Mid-Ohio being his best result post the broken clavical,makes one wonder what shape he was in for the remainder of the season?

Team dynamics may have come into play. When things are going well everyone on the team has confidence, which tends to lead to more good results. I don't recall the circumstances of the Nashville race relative to VeeKay, but he didn't qualify well and finished 24th. That seems to have set the stage for the rest of his season for whatever reason.