Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Nov 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4081675)   #376
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We may need to get Erick to swing by and swap out his camping for Tony's and then if he comes friday-sat he can get in. And the Erick has the pass.

I have 317, Tony has 318 and you have 319?
Old 5 Nov 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4081700)   #377
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
We may need to get Erick to swing by and swap out his camping for Tony's and then if he comes friday-sat he can get in. And the Erick has the pass.

I have 317, Tony has 318 and you have 319?
My pass says 316
Old 5 Nov 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4081703)   #378
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
40-50% chances though so maybe. But yes, double rain gear and rain pants are the order of the day
I just threw some new waterproofing on my heavier raincoat. Might pick up some new boots before i leave as well.

Do you want me to bring anything like charcoal or other consumables? How about another camp stove or propane?
Old 5 Nov 2021, 22:42 (Ref:4081718)   #379
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The last two years of lists. No idea how I've actually kept them but found them today while cleaning the office....
Old 5 Nov 2021, 23:37 (Ref:4081724)   #380
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
My pass says 316
Ah, thought they went up but once again I’m wrong. That happens often, see college football thread for proof. Tony must have 315

Keeping your list is for amateurs, wing it and realize you didn’t bring any long pants when it’s 35, more fun that way. Charcoal would be good. I actually need some for home too myself. Weekend sale and extra points at Ace means more lump on discount.

Have a tank for the grill and 10lb propane tank for the stove I’m not bringing a fryer so taters with Friday dinner will be grilled baby potatoes.

Last edited by broadrun96; 5 Nov 2021 at 23:54.
Old 6 Nov 2021, 00:10 (Ref:4081730)   #381
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ah, thought they went up but once again I’m wrong. That happens often, see college football thread for proof. Tony must have 315

Keeping your list is for amateurs, wing it and realize you didn’t bring any long pants when it’s 35, more fun that way. Charcoal would be good. I actually need some for home too myself. Weekend sale and extra points at Ace means more lump on discount.

Have a tank for the grill and 10lb propane tank for the stove I’m not bringing a fryer so taters with Friday dinner will be grilled baby potatoes.
I'm bringing a propane tank for the heater. Y'all know I'm like a snake in at least one way and am pretty worthless below 60F.

I'm going to bring the trailer and gear up on Tuesday but unfortunately, have to work on Monday now, so it's going to be a cluster as usual. I'll be in touch.
Old 6 Nov 2021, 00:25 (Ref:4081734)   #382
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Ok I'll pack some extra burnable things to cook with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm bringing a propane tank for the heater. Y'all know I'm like a snake in at least one way and am pretty worthless below 60F.

I'm going to bring the trailer and gear up on Tuesday but unfortunately, have to work on Monday now, so it's going to be a cluster as usual. I'll be in touch.
I have to work mon and Tues and do all my shopping and it is my daughter's bday Tuesday. I think packing in small bits at a time is worse than getting everything together at once.
Old 6 Nov 2021, 01:21 (Ref:4081743)   #383
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
No worries, I'm there and already on vacation mode here. Well after 2 markets this weekend with Morgan, then vacation mode but no more emails is nice.
Old 6 Nov 2021, 03:24 (Ref:4081755)   #384
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve been packing the car. It’s going to be a squeeze to get everything in. I’d offer to bring some charcoal, but no room. Still have interesting beer. Went to a brewery tonight and got some more. Reminded Dad to get some good stuff on duty free.

Got blummin’ scouts tomorrow. Scouting for food, followed by a den meeting where I teach them how to make a camp fire. More up for pottering in the garage.
Old 6 Nov 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4081801)   #385
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Market today is 45 degrees with a wind, and holy crap that's NOT comfy temps at all
Old 6 Nov 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4081823)   #386
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’d take what we’ve had here. 55 no wind.
Old 6 Nov 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4081824)   #387
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
A soon as the market started, overcast with a wind, as soon as it ended, bright sun and light breeze. Effin cold

And just think how smart we'll all be come Sunday morning
Old 6 Nov 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4081826)   #388
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Einstein, we’re coming to get ya.

In my mind’s eye Cliff and Norm are always on the other side of the bar.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 02:29 (Ref:4081906)   #389
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Somehow the forecast is getting better and worse each day, starts bad and gets better by the end of the day. And weirdly warmer at the track than in the city at the house, but also colder at night so that's fun.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 02:50 (Ref:4081908)   #390
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
This is a comedy theory.

When weather forecasts change it’s normally that the weather happens earlier than previously forecast. Let’s have those showers on Tuesday!

Car is mostLy packed. Not much room for anything else.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4081952)   #391
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Somehow the forecast is getting better and worse each day, starts bad and gets better by the end of the day. And weirdly warmer at the track than in the city at the house, but also colder at night so that's fun.
I can handle cold and dry much easier than cold and wet. Also the race would be more enjoyable in the sun on Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This is a comedy theory.

When weather forecasts change it’s normally that the weather happens earlier than previously forecast. Let’s have those showers on Tuesday!

I need to get serious about packing. I'm taking my wife's CX-5 so I can't pack till she gets home from work Tuesday.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4081987)   #392
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
This is a comedy theory.

I will cut you for saying rain Tuesday sir
Old 7 Nov 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4082002)   #393
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Er, a different Tuesday. Tuesday after, a random unimportant Tuesday in May.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4082014)   #394
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I don't want rain Tuesday or Saturday evening/Sunday. Once setup it's tolerable if needed, but during setup?
Old 7 Nov 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4082039)   #395
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How strict are the gate people? I have a friend planning on coming up Thursday night getting there around 9 or 10. The problem is he only has a two day ticket, though he does have a camping pass. Will the gate people make a fuss if he tries getting in Thursday night around 9 or 10
Old 7 Nov 2021, 21:59 (Ref:4082041)   #396
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I think after the days activities are over he's possibly clear to enter. But I would expect he'll be SOL until Friday morning to get in most likely, especially with night practice Thursday.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4082056)   #397
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I don't want rain Tuesday or Saturday evening/Sunday. Once setup it's tolerable if needed, but during setup?

I’d take us setting up in the rain rather than you. That’s how magnanimous I am We have one tent that is easy peasy. Our main problem is the beer is buried deep in the car.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 22:59 (Ref:4082057)   #398
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

I’d take us setting up in the rain rather than you. That’s how magnanimous I am We have one tent that is easy peasy. Our main problem is the beer is buried deep in the car.
Oh, there will be camp arrival beer if needed. Generally IPAs but you won't have to dig to crack the first one.

Better make it before 6, getting fairly dim here at 6 pm tonight
Old 7 Nov 2021, 23:10 (Ref:4082061)   #399
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It’ll be a lunch beer
Old 8 Nov 2021, 01:57 (Ref:4082088)   #400
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Oh, there will be camp arrival beer if needed. Generally IPAs but you won't have to dig to crack the first one.

Better make it before 6, getting fairly dim here at 6 pm tonight
I was going to ask about darkening times. There is a chance I can make it there in time depending on pre peach pass lane traffic.

Also, did you say there was a new Popeyes somewhere?