Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Dec 2020, 11:07 (Ref:4023403)   #301
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I see Louie Camilleri left Ferrari just before Abu Dahbi, I think this this will have serious implications to Binotto and the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNfBIw40ats

Doubt if whoever follows him will be quite as complacent with the constant failure.
...yeah, because a constant kaleidoscope of leadership shuffles worked out really great for them in the past. They'll never regain winning form if Ferrari lets Gazzetta dello Sport be in charge of the F1 team.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 14:42 (Ref:4023440)   #302
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Juri Vips did not have those problems
Maybe he had Maxs car and Buemi had Albons
Old 17 Dec 2020, 16:19 (Ref:4023459)   #303
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Maybe he had Maxs car and Buemi had Albons
You might be onto something here. I think they hand out cars in alphabetical order at Red Bull. First the crap one to Buemi/Albon/Gasly then the one with all the bolts properly tightened to Verstappen/Vips.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4023515)   #304
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just seen something posted on facebook that says a dutch motorsport site has stated that RBR have confirmed albon is being replaced by Perez, but have no link so can not confirm it
Old 18 Dec 2020, 00:09 (Ref:4023525)   #305
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...-for-2021/amp/
Old 18 Dec 2020, 00:38 (Ref:4023527)   #306
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
The term 'looks poised to' translates to 'confirmed?'
Old 18 Dec 2020, 08:54 (Ref:4023563)   #307
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
One year deal...

Albon as reserve with a view to recalling him. Apparently.

If it's only one year Checo has a deal already confirmed elsewhere for '22 as he said then?

Not sure how Albon can 'improve' without racing. He needs mileage to understand things more
Old 18 Dec 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4023592)   #308
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
One year deal...

Albon as reserve with a view to recalling him. Apparently.

If it's only one year Checo has a deal already confirmed elsewhere for '22 as he said then?

Not sure how Albon can 'improve' without racing. He needs mileage to understand things more

Actually makes sense to me.

Looking at it from an engineering/ fact finding POV you need a known quantity to eliminate potential problems.

You know that Perez is a known quantity, so if he succeeds, you know that Albon was the problem, if Perez fails, you know Albon isnt as bad as people were making out.

It gives them a benchmark to work on which they havent had since Daniel left the team.

At the end of the year they can either keep perez or move in one of their juniors
Old 18 Dec 2020, 11:19 (Ref:4023600)   #309
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checo is a perfect fit. Not a superstar, but a very safe pair of hands and not one to get into politics. And there is very few better than him when it comes to tyre management. He would be the perfect backup to Max
Old 18 Dec 2020, 11:33 (Ref:4023603)   #310
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Checo is a perfect fit. Not a superstar, but a very safe pair of hands and not one to get into politics. And there is very few better than him when it comes to tyre management. He would be the perfect backup to Max
it will be an interesting year in terms of team cohesiveness.

We all know how good max is, but it will be interesting to see how he fares against Perez
Old 18 Dec 2020, 12:10 (Ref:4023615)   #311
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t expect Perez to trounce him, but I doubt him to be miles away most weekends like Albon. He will probably be at worst Bottas to Verstappen’s Hamilton
Old 18 Dec 2020, 13:42 (Ref:4023634)   #312
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Confirmed, but yet not confirmed.

Richard
Old 18 Dec 2020, 14:04 (Ref:4023637)   #313
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now official:

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/st...33414615642112
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4023668)   #314
S griffin
Veteran

Now we just need Hamilton to sign another contract, which is now almost certain to happen judging by the latest noises from Lewis
Old 18 Dec 2020, 18:01 (Ref:4023740)   #315
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if Lewis signing might have been contingent upon things getting settled at Mercedes and in particular Wolff's future plans. Which look like they have?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...wolff/4928991/

Mercedes dropping their share to 30%
INEOS now owns 30%
Wolff upping his to 30% and committing to stay on as team principal

Richard
Old 18 Dec 2020, 19:01 (Ref:4023757)   #316
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
BBC are saying each will have 1/3rd or just over 33% rather than the 30% mention in motorsport, actual think bbc might be right for the first time in it's history
Old 18 Dec 2020, 19:13 (Ref:4023761)   #317
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
BBC are saying each will have 1/3rd or just over 33% rather than the 30% mention in motorsport, actual think bbc might be right for the first time in it's history
1/3rd, 30%, 33%. What's the difference.

Richard
Old 19 Dec 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4023956)   #318
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
What is the future as of now for red bull and the Honda engines? Are they going to take it over and have it all in house? Have to find a customer engine? Or another as of now unknown manufacturer jump in? Does tsunoda keep Honda interested enough to let red bull take it over while honda provide some input and/or some assistance? Wouldn't that be the best option for red bull? To become their own engine manufacturer, so they can design everything in house like mercedes, renault and ferrari? Ok, not like ferrari. Do the opposite of what they do, obviously.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 01:01 (Ref:4024022)   #319
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well the Tsunoda signing is clearly an attempt at keeping Honda sweet. Whether that's to ensure the complete transfer of engine build and IP or to keep Honda fully involved I don't know?
Old 20 Dec 2020, 01:53 (Ref:4024032)   #320
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well the Tsunoda signing is clearly an attempt at keeping Honda sweet. Whether that's to ensure the complete transfer of engine build and IP or to keep Honda fully involved I don't know?
Depends how many shunts he has?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Dec 2020, 00:45 (Ref:4024242)   #321
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tin hat time?

Mazepin has no reference to Haas on his Instagram (apparently he did after his sugning was announced).
Fittipaldi’s Twitter profile says ‘Haas F1 driver’ - no-one appears to be quite sure whether it said this when filled in.
Today, Gunther Steiner came out praising Fittipaldi for the good job he did in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.

Coincidence?
Quite possibly, but maybe not
Old 21 Dec 2020, 01:35 (Ref:4024247)   #322
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Tin hat time?

Mazepin has no reference to Haas on his Instagram (apparently he did after his sugning was announced).
Fittipaldi’s Twitter profile says ‘Haas F1 driver’ - no-one appears to be quite sure whether it said this when filled in.
Today, Gunther Steiner came out praising Fittipaldi for the good job he did in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.

Coincidence?
Quite possibly, but maybe not
Mazepin has also apparently deleted his public apology re the girl and his behaviour from his Twitter account.
This article even hints at the girl being paid off / bribed for taking the can and admitting responsibility for posting the "I did it admission" regarding the posting of the video on his account. (First thought that came to my mind when I read the girl's admission.)
Mazepin has also deleted everything from his Twitter account.
https://beyondtheflag.com/2020/12/19...re-turn/<br />
https://twitter.com/nikita_mazepin

Last edited by E.B; 21 Dec 2020 at 02:01.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 02:21 (Ref:4024251)   #323
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
But does Fittipaldi even have that kind of money? I was under impression the team is just trying to survive until the big rule change and not counting on having decent results in 2021.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 03:48 (Ref:4024265)   #324
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mazepin would do well to delete everything whatever!

Last edited by Adam43; 21 Dec 2020 at 03:57.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 04:11 (Ref:4024270)   #325
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nobody this side of stroll has the kind of money or the willingness to spend it that daddy mazepin has so that’d be a huge call from haas.