Yas Marina 0 0%
Imola 0 0%
Portimao 3 17.65%
Paul Ricard 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4034509)   #1
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Formula 1 circuits

Which is the best track in Formula 1?
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4034512)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i love Spa and Suzuka but they dont often provide fun races...maybe its the hype when the teams come home and the fans but i get most look forward to Silverstone because i feel like year in year out there is a high chance of a good race there.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4034517)   #3
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Of ones I've been to Brands Hatch, Imola , Donington, Spa and Zandvoort stand out . If anybody votes for Yas Marina, Sakhir , Shanghai or Sochi can I suggest psychiatric help ?
Old 10 Feb 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4034520)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I used to like Spa best, with the brilliant Eau Rouge corner and the sheer speed of the cars and it is also in a great location.

However, I have recently changed my mind, and I now like Silverstone best. If you want wheel-to-wheel action, and cars running side by side, Silverstone is the best track, and it never fails to deliver a great battle. The race in 2019 was a perfect example of this, with the great scrap between Hamilton and Bottas for the lead, and then a cracking battle behind between Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc. (I had to watch this race in French, and the commentators got really excited and were shouting, 'Verstappen et Leclerc! Verstappen et Leclerc! Incroyable! Fabuleux!)

Baku is another track you can usually rely on to deliver a fantastic race, but the location is not particularly nice and its not one where it is exciting just to watch the cars. I also really like Portimao, and am really glad it has been added to the 2021 calendar. It is another track where drivers can run side by side for a whole lap. The main track which I think is missing from the calendar, and want back, is Brands Hatch. For touring car racing, I think it is the best track in the world, and while it would be less good than Silverstone for Formula 1, I would still like it to return (maybe as the European GP again).
Old 10 Feb 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4034547)   #5
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Silverstone may look ok on TV , and used to be a great place to watch motorsport , and while I still have a soft spot for the old girl , it doesn't help that you are rarely in the same post code as the track . Baku is intriguing as a track , shame about the country it is located . I'm one of those old fashioned liberals who think human rights and press freedom are important...
Old 10 Feb 2021, 21:31 (Ref:4034575)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Caesar's Palace car park was the standout best circuit ever.
Old 11 Feb 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4034621)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Spa by miles!!
Actually is it the longest?😅
Old 11 Feb 2021, 06:58 (Ref:4034622)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Caesar's Palace car park was the standout best circuit ever.
It certainly stood out!!
Old 11 Feb 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4034642)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Caesars Palace was in a way so bad it was good. Sort of fitted with the whole Las Vegas ethos

I voted for Monaco. Although it's not going to feature loads of overtaking, it's the jewel in the crown and there always seems to be a big story of the race every year. I missed it last year. Certainly very unique

Of course I love Spa, Suzuka, Monza, Silverstone, Interlagos and other old school circuits too. Although there have been some quite good new venues too. COTA is a modern classic for example. To be fair you're never guaranteed great action on any circuit, but as long as the circuit's great, it's still fun to watch. Which is why I never have liked Abu Dhabi....
Old 11 Feb 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4034687)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Like others, Spa and Silverstone are among my favorites. However, I actually voted for Interlagos. The nature of the track, and old fashioned feel of the place, the track layout, the Brazilian fans - just I really like the place. I like fairly short tracks like this and Austria. It has delivered its fair share of great races over the years too.
Old 11 Feb 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4034691)   #11
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
In 2019 I went to Portimao for the Algarve Classic and thought what a great track it would be for a GP. Very good for spectating as well.
I was ahead of the game!
Old 11 Feb 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4034706)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh yes, I was really happy when Algarve was added to the calendar. The interesting layout, plus gradient makes it another modern classic. And it’s a good track for overtaking too