Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Sep 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1396782)   #1
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dallois brothers RP6 Royale

Has anyone seen these guys racing in the French VdeV Historic Endurance series this year? They were running at last weekend's 6hour race at Dijon. Any info on them and their car would help me in my RP6 rebuild programme. Looking at the results, it seems Mark Hales was there in a Crossle.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1398430)   #2
Kale
Rookie

Germany
Baden
Kale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey
Has anyone seen these guys racing in the French VdeV Historic Endurance series this year? They were running at last weekend's 6hour race at Dijon. Any info on them and their car would help me in my RP6 rebuild programme. Looking at the results, it seems Mark Hales was there in a Crossle.
I meen this car was the ex Charles Croset RP4A !
Old 4 Sep 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1398583)   #3
phdm
Racer

Belgium
Liège
phdm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When the car was for sale in France by the previous owner 4 years ago with a X/Flow engine and Mk9 gearbox, the chassis number that was claimed was RP6/3 but the car was alo sometimes referred to as an RP4. According to Paul Lawrence ("Nowhere to hide"), RP6/3 was sold to Brazil. All this is confusing. In addition, I was also told at the stame time that the car had been found in Switzerland and was fitted with an FT200 and BDH engine. The name of the Swiss owner was never released. There was an article published one year ago in a French magazine (Retro Course n° 26) on the car where the Brazilian connection was indicated. Mind you, the car now fitted with a BMW engine is said to be very original. When was the last time you saw an RP6 in period with a BMW 2002 engine ?
Old 4 Sep 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1398769)   #4
Kale
Rookie

Germany
Baden
Kale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdm
When the car was for sale in France by the previous owner 4 years ago with a X/Flow engine and Mk9 gearbox, the chassis number that was claimed was RP6/3 but the car was alo sometimes referred to as an RP4. According to Paul Lawrence ("Nowhere to hide"), RP6/3 was sold to Brazil. All this is confusing. In addition, I was also told at the stame time that the car had been found in Switzerland and was fitted with an FT200 and BDH engine. The name of the Swiss owner was never released. There was an article published one year ago in a French magazine (Retro Course n° 26) on the car where the Brazilian connection was indicated. Mind you, the car now fitted with a BMW engine is said to be very original. When was the last time you saw an RP6 in period with a BMW 2002 engine ?
I saw the car in the late 90 ´s in switzerland in the garage
from Charles Croset - fitted with an BDH and FT 200 under
restauration !
I had the copy from the Original import Papers from the 11.01.1972
The paper says Royale RP 4 / 7 !!

Kale
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1398881)   #5
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok! So the Dallois car is an RP4, running as an RP6, with an engine (BMW) that probably wasn't ever fitted in period (in RP4 or RP6). However it's running in an Historic Endurance Series, presumably with FIA papers. The car has RP6 bodywork (RP4 with wheel spats) and non-original headlights (RP4 and RP6 never had lights). I need to find out how they managed to get an FIA passport with this degree of "evolution". Mind you, I fully support their position on the basis that the RP6 was never supplied from the factory with an engine/gearbox as standard. I wonder whether my Mazda engine/FT200 solution would therefore be eligible....?