Old 26 Oct 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4080200)   #301
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
No ice on site, I'm still amazed no Boy Scout troop has tried to do ice on golf carts but you'll have to hit Publix or gas station. Water, well you can fill at the comfort station in the shower is a tap but I would bring some.
I'm bringing plenty of water to drink, just like having extra on hand for washing pots/pans and such.
My big worry about having to get ice is having to leave the track Saturday to pick some up, and then there being a huge wait at the gate to get back in.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4080205)   #302
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
I'm bringing plenty of water to drink, just like having extra on hand for washing pots/pans and such.
My big worry about having to get ice is having to leave the track Saturday to pick some up, and then there being a huge wait at the gate to get back in.
On Saturday would be tough unless you went EARLY, once you're in you can pass out fairly easily but I'm not sure what time the gates open on Saturday morning for the daily ticket

2 weeks from right now I will hopefully be done with my setup and relaxing with a cigar and beverage contemplating dinner. And awaiting the fun that is eating while the Oklahoma land rush on Wednesday morning rolling past wondering how I already got in.

Last edited by broadrun96; 26 Oct 2021 at 20:33.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4080215)   #303
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
On Saturday would be tough unless you went EARLY, once you're in you can pass out fairly easily but I'm not sure what time the gates open on Saturday morning for the daily ticket

2 weeks from right now I will hopefully be done with my setup and relaxing with a cigar and beverage contemplating dinner. And awaiting the fun that is eating while the Oklahoma land rush on Wednesday morning rolling past wondering how I already got in.
Yeah I'm now planning on getting there around 9am Wednesday. Depending on what you're cooking I may search you out to buy a plate. I'm a sucker for good food and always have a Heineken or one of the local jacksonville craft beers to share
Old 27 Oct 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4080264)   #304
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Debating a vertical tasting, have a couple Larceny
Some of the variety to choose from as well
I've never seen the barrel Larceny before, but it looks good!

My fav local liquor store just moved to a new building and I havent been yet. I plan to go this weekend and see if they have expanded selection with the expanded space.

A Total Wine just opened in BR too, and I haven't been there yet. I guess I will just make a day of it and tour the liquor stores!
Old 27 Oct 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4080271)   #305
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A day well spent!
Old 28 Oct 2021, 03:06 (Ref:4080354)   #306
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Early forecast is upper 60s and lows to 40 or joeb freezing upper 30s. Woohoo, gonna need a jacket but better than 2019 heat

Also found some good breakfast hash meats this evening, God damn, camera sucked this evening

Last edited by broadrun96; 28 Oct 2021 at 03:22.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 03:30 (Ref:4080355)   #307
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Early forecast is upper 60s and lows to 40 or joeb freezing upper 30s. Woohoo, gonna need a jacket but better than 2019 heat

Also found some good breakfast hash meats this evening, God damn, camera sucked this evening
Canned breakfast meats?
Find me at the Mazda camp for fresh cooked breakfast every morning.
Speaking of weather any idea what the rain forecast looks like?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4080393)   #308
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wouldn't try canned breakfast meat. But hey each to their own
Old 28 Oct 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4080416)   #309
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
So the fact it was tripe was completely missed I see.

Rain is spin the wheel of weather and see, I wouldn't trust anything before 11/7 for rain chances. Plus there's this the weekend before the race, no we will NOT see a wintery mix next Saturday
Old 28 Oct 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4080449)   #310
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The man and his breakfast casseroles in a Dutch Oven need no defense but I'll take his cooking anyday over anyone else's, even if there are onions in it. He also does cakes and brownies. Anyone else gonna have fresh, hot cakes and brownies? No?

And weatherbug is full of shyte past 3 days. Give me a Glenn Burns forecast!!
Old 28 Oct 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4080450)   #311
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Already planning on brownie one evening and black forest cake another. Likely cinn rolls Fri and Sat with biscuits for the savory folks. Might clear out my bacon from the freezer and bring it, make fresh Thanksgiving week. Considering a breakfast bread pudding and some thing like a shakshuka for breakfast, maybe with spinach added

Beautiful day here today, car says 52 and a mist so everything is damp.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4080475)   #312
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Yes, i will be frozen. If only i could put something like antifreeze inside my body to stay alive.......

and was it really $8????
Old 28 Oct 2021, 20:56 (Ref:4080479)   #313
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I would assume so but Walmart so who knows if that's the right tag. I did not buy it.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4080483)   #314
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Already planning on brownie one evening and black forest cake another. Likely cinn rolls Fri and Sat with biscuits for the savory folks. Might clear out my bacon from the freezer and bring it, make fresh Thanksgiving week. Considering a breakfast bread pudding and some thing like a shakshuka for breakfast, maybe with spinach added
too all of this...

Old 28 Oct 2021, 23:01 (Ref:4080495)   #315
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Did a little shopping this afternoon for some dinner beers for the week. Yes, they will be shared. And yes, it's a large picture, deal with it Mr Laptop.

I'm having a Stranger Danger this evening. It's nice if a bit heavy, but thats to be expected, it's no session ale. Definitely a sipper, good mouthfeel and dark malt first. They did not skimp on the peanut but not so overpowering. Like they'd found a way to blend a Reese's cup in a beer.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 23:28 (Ref:4080499)   #316
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just doing the same. Trying to find something suitable for a cultural exchange
Old 29 Oct 2021, 00:09 (Ref:4080501)   #317
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Did a little shopping this afternoon for some dinner beers for the week. Yes, they will be shared. And yes, it's a large picture, deal with it Mr Laptop.

I'm having a Stranger Danger this evening. It's nice if a bit heavy, but thats to be expected, it's no session ale. Definitely a sipper, good mouthfeel and dark malt first. They did not skimp on the peanut but not so overpowering. Like they'd found a way to blend a Reese's cup in a beer.
I'm bringing up a few bottles of Delirium Tremens. Other then that I'm sadly just bringing yuengling
Old 29 Oct 2021, 02:19 (Ref:4080508)   #318
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
High temps below 70 are bullshit.
Old 29 Oct 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4080560)   #319
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
High temps below 70 are bullshit.
That is fantastic for us Florida folk. I did however decide to get a sleeping bag rated at 0f and a good pair of insulated longjohns for during the night
Old 29 Oct 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4080568)   #320
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Hey, it could be this week. Nice 52 and misty in Atlanta, so that's GREAT. Even a fat guy does not like that temp
Old 29 Oct 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4080601)   #321
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
That is fantastic for us Florida folk. I did however decide to get a sleeping bag rated at 0f and a good pair of insulated longjohns for during the night
You'll be sweating in that 0 degree bag! In a 4 season tent at 20 degrees outside, you'd be fine in a 30 degree bag. We won't reach the 20s but man, the coldest I've ever been at a racetrack was the 12 hrs of Sebring. I think it touched the 20s, low 30s at least. It was awful.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4080722)   #322
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Pre race test weekend.
Attached Images

Old 30 Oct 2021, 22:46 (Ref:4080739)   #323
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
What? No, you're supposed to open the brand new box, never set up before, in the dark and not even offer beer.

Oh, I'll just sit in my chair with a whiskey and cigar to watch.

Extra points if you bring a pressure washer for field annoyance

Last edited by broadrun96; 30 Oct 2021 at 22:51.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 23:23 (Ref:4080749)   #324
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I just don't want the weather to be like it was today. I watched 3 soccer games in the cold and wind, with one in the cold wind with rain.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 23:27 (Ref:4080750)   #325
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Forecast is making me nervous with rain in the picture Wednesday Thursday this week oh, that makes a similar fate next week all the more likely