Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Sep 2003, 18:04 (Ref:728955)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OH.. So noble Ferrari!

Ferrari have said that they will not contest the past Results!!The full story.
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...24180942.shtml

Well at least we can look forward to the championship being decided at Suzuka and not in court!

sorry guys orignally i posted the wrong link!

Last edited by ralf fan; 24 Sep 2003 at 18:08.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 18:05 (Ref:728957)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They haven't lost it yet though........
Old 24 Sep 2003, 18:59 (Ref:729009)   #3
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heh, heh.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:02 (Ref:729071)   #4
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh how generous of them Aren't we all eternally grateful
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:17 (Ref:729085)   #5
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they won't need to contest - I'm confident Ferrari will win both Indy and Suzuka
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:48 (Ref:729109)   #6
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Well, it will be interesting!
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:52 (Ref:729114)   #7
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better the title be decided on the track - nobody wants things decided in the courtroom.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:57 (Ref:729118)   #8
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
Better the title be decided on the track - nobody wants things decided in the courtroom.
Thats all well and said, but if the drivers take each other off, some may actually want it to go to the courts!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 01:56 (Ref:729271)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boy oh boy...are critics hard to please. When Todt says maybe Ferrari will protest results... the critics go crazy and threw anything vulgar they could at Ferrari...when Luca says Ferrari will not protest results... the critics start to get sarcastic...

I don't see anything wrong with Ferrari's way of handling this issue. They brought up a concern to the FIA and the FIA acted. The procedure was proper, and other teams did the same to Ferrari at Monaco. The only bad thing is it blew way out of proportion after that with Michelins teams start complaining about Ferrari's behavoir and a slagging match began, which threatens to ruin the championship.

Did anybody feel sorry for Ferrari when Mclaren tried to win 1999 WDC by trying to get Ferrari 1-2 at Malaysia disqualified? No...the critics were happy to jump of the bandwagon. Now that they are on the receiving end of the treatment...the heat gets into them.sigh
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:10 (Ref:729304)   #10
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could we possibly combine all the Ferrari bashing threads into one? I have seen a lot of other threads closed for seriously less levels of team/driver/person bashing, I find it hard to believe that all these threads stay open but for the personal bias (doubtfully intentional however, everybody to some level will help their personal opinion) of the Moderators.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 03:47 (Ref:729328)   #11
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah well, nothing is new in here nowadays....anyway, one of the reason slowly making made me stay away from the forum.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 08:11 (Ref:729469)   #12
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
Thats all well and said, but if the drivers take each other off, some may actually want it to go to the courts!
Yeah, that's what we need, a big FIA court battle over the ownership of the World Championship. Frankly, I wouldn't put it past them.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 08:27 (Ref:729479)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
Could we possibly combine all the Ferrari bashing threads into one? I have seen a lot of other threads closed for seriously less levels of team/driver/person bashing
To a certain extent there is some over reaction here. There was a chance Ferrari could appeal previous results, it seems this may have gone away. Worth discussing. I did consider merbing this with the old thyre appeal threat thread, but felt that that one was best left alone. Due mainly to the level of what may be thought of as bashing in it.

There aren't that many Ferrari bashing thread at the moment anyway. A few remarks here and there, but if these are taken up rather than ignored, the thread is asked to be put back on topic.

If you are refering to the tyre threads. I think there is as much Michelin team bashing as Ferrari. Most have taken different aspects of the problem so they have been kept separate, but there has been a lot of merging.

I do accept that the tone of the thread was far from ideal. However hopefully a change of title will help.
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that all these threads stay open but for the personal bias ... of the Moderators.
Hmmm. I have to respond to this. As mods we all have different favourites all across the board. However this is immaterial and it could just be it has taken time to get to it. If you think there is a problem with a post/thread hit the warn button to get us there quicker.

I was going to PM you with this, but a general post might be an idea.

Anyway anyone please feel free to PM any of the mods about this matter.

Now back on topic...

Last edited by Adam43; 25 Sep 2003 at 08:36.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 08:29 (Ref:729481)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now for my personal opinion on it.

I am glad that there will be no apeals. It is good for the sport. Additionally I am not sure how successful it would have been.