Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3033731)   #26
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the "waaaaaay back" machine

Sebring in the 1950s and 1960s . .
Old 2 Mar 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3033840)   #27
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I will be at the track from Wed AM onwards, bringing my wife. Trying to find video to explain the gong show to her but I am there for the race. Unless there are more entries popping up this might be my only ALMS race this year.
Try this, from John Sutherland:

It gives some of the flavour, but it needs smell-o-vision: that heady combo of brake dust, tire schmoo, BBQ and Coppertone, with a frisson of beer.
keke
Old 2 Mar 2012, 02:04 (Ref:3033844)   #28
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
Try this, from John Sutherland:

It gives some of the flavour, but it needs smell-o-vision: that heady combo of brake dust, tire schmoo, BBQ and Coppertone, with a frisson of beer.
keke
The link appeared in several prior posts.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3035112)   #29
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This will be my first time at Sebring. And I'll be able to check that off the bucket list. Arriving sometime on Thursday afternoon. Camping in Green Park with friends (at last count about 20) who have been going for the last ten + years. We will be working on our "60th Sebring" beeramid. That's our group shown building one a couple times in the Turn 10 video. Look for us under the "Your Favorite Driver Sucks" banners.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3035157)   #30
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Going for the first time this year! Cant wait Sebring is one of those races that when I was a kid I always wanted to get to some day. I was at Le Mans three years ago and loved it but from what I gather Sebring is unlike anyother race!
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3035337)   #31
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't forget to wave at the folks in white with the headsets and flags. Gonna be interesting this year, what with the pitlane extension.
keke
I was planning to be in British Marshalling Orange, not white Might mix and match my wardrobe for the weekend!

Just a week until wheels up, kid at Christmas levels of excitement kicking in now for my first visit to Sebring
Old 5 Mar 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3035467)   #32
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Going for the first time this year! Cant wait Sebring is one of those races that when I was a kid I always wanted to get to some day. I was at Le Mans three years ago and loved it but from what I gather Sebring is unlike anyother race!
I've yet to make LeMans, but yes, it's quite unlike any race I've ever been to, and that's a bunch of races and tracks over a lot of years.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3035512)   #33
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green View Post
I was planning to be in British Marshalling Orange, not white Might mix and match my wardrobe for the weekend!

Just a week until wheels up, kid at Christmas levels of excitement kicking in now for my first visit to Sebring
If you have looked at the temperature forecasts for the week you may wish to revise that. There is a reason why the colonists wear white, lightweight cottons. And there are TWO Walmarts in the area.
keke
Old 5 Mar 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3035534)   #34
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Breaking News

Quote:
If you have looked at the temperature forecasts for the week you may wish to revise that. There is a reason why the colonists wear white, lightweight cottons. And there are TWO Walmarts in the area.
keke
Sebring weather on the web #1 & #2.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3036240)   #35
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The icehat will be worth every penny! (now, let us find some ice then)
Old 7 Mar 2012, 04:37 (Ref:3036314)   #36
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather is looking good for race week. Should be great from what I'm reading, with the obligatory downpour sometime. Getting the luggage together. Flying out this Sunday and will secure the house on Monday. Location is better this year, only 8 mi. away from the track, and that will help.

Will do my best to look up everyone who has posted to this thread.

Last edited by pdxracefan; 7 Mar 2012 at 04:42.
Old 7 Mar 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3036446)   #37
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I seem to remember from last year that the Waterhole restaurant was closed. Has it re-opened?
Old 10 Mar 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3037834)   #38
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Headed to fourth consecutive year. My buddy and I had been to Petit for two years previous and decided to give Sebring a shot. After the first year we knew that it MUST happen every year after. It was just too amazing not to.

Leave after work Wed. from Raleigh. Drive to Orlando (about 3AM). Crash at a Howard Johnson's for a few hours, get up head to Sebring. Usually driving through the gate by noon Thurs. We camp between turn 6 and 7, more specifically between the bathrooms and the walkover bridge. We're pretty much only there when we eat though. We walk the entire track constantly. Even go the outside of the back straight to take pictures.

I'll try and look some of you guys up, my buddy and I are pretty easy to spot. He's 6'5" and I'm 6'7". I also have a tendency to wear shirts to the races that celebrate my other passion, heavy metal. Think Iron Maiden, not whatever is popular these days.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3040675)   #39
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Breaking News

Watch for THIS.