Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2003, 17:35 (Ref:633231)   #1
ViperACR
Rookie

ViperACR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long before they DUMP Villeneuve

I am not saying that they should dump villeneuve because he is a bad driver because he has won the tttle before with a good car. I am saying that if you are going to lose then you can lose with a guy that does not get paid 5 million dollars a year. Why not get a rookie as he will not do any worse. The reason that Jacque even stays there is because of the money. He does not have to do anything because he knows the car is bad and yet he gets paid 5 Million a year. If I was the owner of the team then I would lose with someone else that is cheaper
Old 16 Jun 2003, 17:41 (Ref:633235)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't care what happens to BAR, i only care about Jacques and Honda.
I hope both find a good team where they can show their true potential.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 16 Jun 2003 at 17:42.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:11 (Ref:633266)   #3
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has been widely reported that Jacques is willing to significantly reduce his salary in order to race next season. More recently, we've heard that he'd even drive for free. So, the argument about him costing too much doesn't hold up any more. He's looked a bit happier the last race or two, so he's either given up and doesn't give a toss or else (?) he's secured a seat for next year.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:39 (Ref:633288)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he had better improve the BAR chassis and gearbox are poo
Honda is a much finer corporation than these results dictate, something else is wrong and it must be the chassi s or the driver-
renault is storming and not because their power...
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:633314)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Villeneuve will have a dump when his bottom says it wants to. What a silly question.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 12:40 (Ref:634149)   #6
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old subject
Mr.V has a contract that says he gets paid wether he races or not.
So mr.R keeps him on and gives him a slightly dodgey car to make him look **** against his team mate
I'm probably wrong but it sounds more fun than the press release rubbish,huh?!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 14:51 (Ref:634381)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
THe whole thing RWC mentions really does smack of conspiracy theory, I wonder how much truth there is in it. Still, if Jenson flops in 2004, and JV does well in another team, Dave and Jenson would look a bit silly.

JV is willing to race for a top team for free, which could be the right time to say that, as any of the top teams bar Ferrari could have a seat on offer. I'd love to see him get a second chance at the top, I'm convinced that he still has it.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 22:04 (Ref:634953)   #8
Hungary 89
Racer

England
Midlands (England)
Hungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV is a great driver who needs to be in a car worthy of his talents and I pray he finds one before its too late

However the reason he is in this car is I suspect because he wanted a team built around him the way Micheal has done unfortunatley he does not have the character to build a team the way Micheal has

Dave Richards I suspect does want JV out of the team because he can think of much better things to do with his rather hefty salary

Talking about chassis and engine I believe that BAR have taken a quantum leap in the Chassis design this year which should be a good grounding for progression in the future and we have seen signs of potencial this year so to blame the chassis is unfair

Honda are a great company with an excellent record but I think that this is the first year that they have started to show anything like the commitment they showed in the glory days

I think that the BAR Honda has a bright(er) future over the coming years if they keep doing what they are doing now

and I strongly belive with the right equipment JV can take on any Driver currently racing
Old 17 Jun 2003, 22:39 (Ref:634986)   #9
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
I don't care what happens to BAR, i only care about Jacques and Honda.
I hope both find a good team where they can show their true potential.

Reasonable at the moment.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 14:10 (Ref:636660)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It is understood that a final decision has not been made by the former world champion on where he will race in 2004, but BAR is now favourite to retain his services on a performance-related deal. A contract is expected to be signed with the next month.

-autosport
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Jun 2003, 15:56 (Ref:636738)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
That BAR may keep on Villeneuve is, to me, inexplicable. He's expensive, petulant and past his best. Richards should send him on his way and give Sato or Davidson a shot alongside Button.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 16:10 (Ref:636754)   #12
Hungary 89
Racer

England
Midlands (England)
Hungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Past his best? I think that is a little premature

I just hope that he is willing to allow money to go into the development of the car rather than his back pocket
Old 19 Jun 2003, 16:19 (Ref:636765)   #13
billaboy
Rookie

billaboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to www.Planet-F1.com; he (JV) will have to wait until July to know for definite, according to team boss Dave Richards. But according to Autosport magazine, a performance-related deal with BAR is in the offering, and Villeneuve will sign a contract in the next month.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 17:15 (Ref:636823)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And the reason is....

...Each of the big three has its line up for 2004 in place. We have a real dilemma in that there are far maore really good drivers than competitive seats. At this point, Coulthard is seemingly the most vulnerable, but its clear that Dennis would never substitute Jacques.

As callous as it sounds, drivers stay healthy today and keep those top drives for many more seasons. The opportunity to move up the grid is limited with fewer teams and longer careers.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 17:37 (Ref:636838)   #15
Coach44
Racer

Coach44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
That BAR may keep on Villeneuve is, to me, inexplicable. He's expensive,
Get over the money issue... no longer a factor!

Quote:
petulant....
What's wrong with that

Quote:
past his best. Richards should send him on his way and give Sato or Davidson a shot alongside Button.
all I have to say is
Old 20 Jun 2003, 12:11 (Ref:637532)   #16
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want JV to stay in BAR only if he agrees to take a pay cut. BAR needs to spend money on car not on driver. I actually want him to have decent race at bar next year. But, Pollock may want him to move to other team. According to him, JV wants not just wins but world champ. he may take huge pay cut to drive for williams or mac. If he signs with bar in july, its going to be interesting to see if he will have less mechanical failure afterward.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 15:01 (Ref:637704)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV to earn just 5 million $?
dear Viper you must have forgotten at least a 1 (jv salary not less that 15 million $)
That strenghtens once more your opinion!