Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Sep 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3454315)   #301
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Actually or seriously as the wife says, it is not Holden sacking them, it is GM Detroit. GM wanted to shut down the Holden branch a few years back. But the Govt kept promising money , when the one of the worlds biggest car manufacturers couldn't run their own business. They tried the old if you don't help we will close down and put your aussies out of work.

Krudd a Dillard where to **** scared to make a stand,(read unions) and bowed, we will give you xxx millions of Aussie tax payers money to stay open.

Simple fact of life, Fraud and just Holden together were on their last legs, no amount of hard earned tax payer money would save them, when the F-wits who ran the company into the ground where AMERICANS.

Rule one in Australia, DO not trust an AMERICAN business. for Example Apple, their new phone a few hundred yankee green backs, same phone here $1000.00 plus Aust dollars.

DO AMERICANS REALLY THINK AUSTRALIA hasn't hat a gutful of there crap,

Look at the price of the Fraud Ranger built in Thailand, no price drop, supposedly cheaper to build there than here, yet Fraud usa, STILL CHARGES THE SAME PRICE OR MORE , FOR THE Aust built version.

GM admitted that they wanted to shut Holden down , Unfortunately, to many ppl get emotional about this.

Look at the price of the replacements from Both Fraud and Gutless Motors( read we will still rip you off)

Why bother with these to organisations , the quicker they are out of Aust , the better.

If we had a decent Govt, they would say" go now and we will nationalise all you assets , land holdings etc , and the Australian ppl will benefit from the sale , not some F&#@*( up American business ******s)" but that would be dreaming
You should actually say what you mean and not beat about the bush.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3454349)   #302
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the risk of admitting I used some of my quota of heartbeats to read that FOMOCO post, I notice that the Japanese manufacturer escaped criticism.

At least USA owned Ford isn't leaving Australia altogether, as Toyota virtually will be.

Ford will continue to employ more than 1,000 people in an area that still viable, design and engineering.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3454521)   #303
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a tip. It would make it much easier to read if you actually used the names, rather than your impressions of them.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3454573)   #304
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Look at the price of the Fraud Ranger built in Thailand, no price drop, supposedly cheaper to build there than here, yet Fraud usa, STILL CHARGES THE SAME PRICE OR MORE , FOR THE Aust built version
I'm confused by this bit, there has never been an Aussie built version and the Ranger that is not sold any more in the USA was a completely different vehicle.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3454636)   #305
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
At the risk of admitting I used some of my quota of heartbeats to read that FOMOCO post, I notice that the Japanese manufacturer escaped criticism.

At least USA owned Ford isn't leaving Australia altogether, as Toyota virtually will be.

Ford will continue to employ more than 1,000 people in an area that still viable, design and engineering.
Broady and Geelong will be up for sale soon, and where will the money go, to God Damm god Bless America, Don't be disillusion by the spin, Fraud and gut Less motors will cut and a quick exit deal.

Remember these are the same company's they flew private jets and booked top hotels to Washington to claim American Tax payer money to bail them out.
The US govt told them to , go home and think about how you apply for funds from the tax payer. (that's the polite way of putting it)
Fraud have already told the Aus Govt they need money to stay in Aust for engineering.

Which they need as there Euro engineering's cant build a car for southern hemisphere conditions. Google Ford Aust rebuilding cars for India.

Gutless Motors have decided that we not get the Chinese built Buick, but the Opel, imported from Germany or probably built in some despot country .

So Why should we as Australians trust anything from Detroit

Now as for Japan, they have been honest in there dealings, not like yanks who run a business into the ground , then claim tax payer dollars to bail them out.
Why haven't the excecs of GM been held accountable, because there god dam god bless Americans, and the yanks don't like to blame themselves

But first rule of Americans use everyone else's money not your own,
Old 18 Sep 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3454642)   #306
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I'm confused by this bit, there has never been an Aussie built version and the Ranger that is not sold any more in the USA was a completely different vehicle.
2010 Ford Ranger Thailand A$ 46,260

2014 Ford Ranger XLS Double Cab 4X4 pricing and specifications:
Price: from $45,590 (plus on-road costs)

2014 Ford Ranger XLS Double Cab 4X4 pricing and specifications:
Price:
from $48,090 (plus on-road costs
2014 Ford Ranger XLT Double Cab 4X4 pricing and specifications:
Price:
from $53,890 (plus on-road costs)
2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrak Double Cab 4X4 pricing and specifications:
Price:
from $57,390 (plus on-road costs

Oops I forgot ranger has been dropped by Fraud USA, but it s cheaper to build in Thailand yet the cost climbs , another spin by Fraud USA ,

Hmm more spin than a DJ at a nightclub

Old 18 Sep 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3454643)   #307
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Axeman, I am all for names, but I used the common speak names of political leaders as per most social media,
Old 19 Sep 2014, 00:35 (Ref:3454853)   #308
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Axeman, I am all for names, but I used the common speak names of political leaders as per most social media,
Really? I must be living under a rock, or on the wrong social media platforms. Never heard of "Fraud" before. Weird coming from someone using the name of FoMoCo
Old 19 Sep 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3454900)   #309
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota Australia investigated for shifting profits overseas

Toyota Australia's halo slipped:
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...0706-zxvd.html
Old 22 Sep 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3456480)   #310
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They've been the posted child for transfer pricing, no Halo there ever!
Old 22 Sep 2014, 03:32 (Ref:3456482)   #311
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
They've been the posted child for transfer pricing, no Halo there ever!
Just wait til the industry switches to full import...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Oct 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3469303)   #312
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another Holden Leader Departs

Maybe he didnt want to go through the awful experience of decommissioning the factories?

Old 28 Oct 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3469308)   #313
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Maybe he didnt want to go through the awful experience of decommissioning the factories?

Or just maybe he got a better job offer that had long term prospects.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 22:12 (Ref:3469533)   #314
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

contrast that with Bob Graziano, who apparently took a second term at Ford Australia, for the stated purpose of seeing it through, and making sure his people were looked after.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3469556)   #315
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
contrast that with Bob Graziano, who apparently took a second term at Ford Australia, for the stated purpose of seeing it through, and making sure his people were looked after.
Or Rob McEniry who did the same for Mitsubishi

Good, solid characters.
Old 29 Oct 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3469664)   #316
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:

Nah, he realized Aussies are fed up with, we are still here crap, the demographics for Commodores is nearing the 50 + age bracket, they don't have a racer like Brock winning , and pulling the fans to the show room floor, so why flog a dead horse,

as for Bob at the other side of Melb, well they can spin all they like, he will be a good wicket, Now listen, memo from Detroit, just ride out the backlash in the little place down under, sucker the govt into giving some more money to keep the doors open, and there will be a nice big leather armchair for you at Michigan .

Do Australians really think these business men care for the everyday Australian, NOT
Old 14 Jan 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3492878)   #317
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
New holden here already:

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/n...14-12njv2.html
Old 20 Jan 2015, 01:46 (Ref:3494322)   #318
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New car will remain Commodore:
https://secure.holden.com.au/future-...nt=peter_keley
Old 1 Feb 2015, 09:24 (Ref:3499671)   #319
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
No more Monaros but something else instead.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/c...13-12n5k1.html
Old 21 Dec 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3599313)   #320
Mixer
Veteran

So I am not sure if this will get up, but it is very interesting nonetheless:

Quote:
Project Erich, Belgian entrepreneur Guido Dumarey’s plan to save the locally-developed Holden Commodore from death at the end of 2017 will kick into high-gear in the New Year.

In an exclusive interview with motoring.com.au at his Strasbourg, France, headquarters last Thursday, Dumarey said his shock bid to keep Commodore, and the Elizabeth plant in which it is built alive, must be signed off in 2016 with most of the heavy lifting completed in the first six months of the year.
http://www.carsales.com.au/editorial...izabeth-100647
Old 29 Nov 2016, 04:29 (Ref:3691950)   #321
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 29 Nov 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3691951)   #322
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
another sad day in australian vehicle manufacturing
Old 29 Nov 2016, 04:40 (Ref:3691952)   #323
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sad to see that one go.

But job losses, etc...
Old 29 Nov 2016, 04:49 (Ref:3691953)   #324
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Not sad to see that one go.

But job losses, etc...

Why would you say that ????
Old 29 Nov 2016, 04:55 (Ref:3691954)   #325
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The quality of those engines is less than reputable.

Hopefully whatever's in the new Commodore is a significant improvement.