Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jun 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3908364)   #1401
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 minutes (more than you will see of the car in 24 hs) of ByKolles at Monza from different corners, great sound!

video
Old 13 Jun 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3909821)   #1402
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ByKolles will not contest the full 19/20 season.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...mpression=true
Old 13 Jun 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3909822)   #1403
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like they aren't going to do a full season next year in preparation for the hypercar. Shame really, but puttering around 5-8secs off the pace isn't really doing much.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3909826)   #1404
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
ByKolles will not contest the full 19/20 season.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...mpression=true
While being full season entrants in the past, have they actually competed in a full season in recent years? I seem to remember them skipping races.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3909897)   #1405
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
While being full season entrants in the past, have they actually competed in a full season in recent years? I seem to remember them skipping races.
I think they have been full season ENTRY but haven't made a full season in a while I don't think. A bit of a semantic argument maybe but they have a good chance of being a LM team even without full season entry
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3909926)   #1406
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think they have been full season ENTRY but haven't made a full season in a while I don't think. A bit of a semantic argument maybe but they have a good chance of being a LM team even without full season entry
Quick look at wikipedia they did the full season in 2016
Old 14 Jun 2019, 07:32 (Ref:3910003)   #1407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was tiring hearing Nick Daman interviewing Colin Kolles, he couldn't shut him up, could he?
Old 15 Jun 2019, 00:07 (Ref:3910243)   #1408
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was weird. I assumed it was some sort of failed Turing test. A bit like the bots we’ve come across that post on forums.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3912448)   #1409
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Congratulations to ByKolles for the impressive results in this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans. They can come holding their heads up high, cause nobody expect them to cover more than 100 laps.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3912469)   #1410
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
All that way for that. They need to get that car developed over the off season if they are to restore credability
Old 17 Jun 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3912474)   #1411
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The biggest problem I see with this team, is not the car itself, is the lack of testing in deep. Last year the car was "fast" with the Nissan until the crash.

This year they got a better lap time in the race than ever, but later they have problems again, this time I think it was a problem of fuel pressure. After some hours the car went back to track and get his best lap time, just a bit slower than in qualy.

All these kind of problems must be find in testing before the race. Come on, the chassis have years, they should know about these issues.

The same with DragonSpeed, the car arrived to Le Mans without testing, it's the same chassis that finished 3rd overal, and the same engine that finished 4th an 5th.

ByKolles won't race next season, if they do it 2020/21 it will be with the new car. I think it will be an entire new car (I hope).
Old 17 Jun 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3912498)   #1412
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It better be a brand new car and chassis with everything they've learned (which should be a lot) put in it. I think they'll dust off this current one a couple times in the coming season but put most if not all of their resources towards 2020/21 which is the right thing to do imo. They won't win anything with the current car unless every other privateer and Toyota crash.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 22:43 (Ref:3912565)   #1413
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

I still don't understand how they will fund their new hypercar car. The results with this LMP1 weren't pretty and those budgets are huge. Being one year away from the circuits won't help.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3912623)   #1414
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I still don't understand how they will fund their new hypercar car. The results with this LMP1 weren't pretty and those budgets are huge. Being one year away from the circuits won't help.
I know. The whole thing seems very ambitious (nothing wrong with that) for a team who have spent years running an LMP1 that has never realy worked properly.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 00:32 (Ref:3944883)   #1415
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems like a death blow:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ypercar-class/
Old 5 Dec 2019, 06:26 (Ref:3944898)   #1416
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Nothing stopping them from approaching a small size manufacture and get the badges from them. Someone like Gumpert, Zenvo or someone else producing a tiny amount of cars, but would love the "free" branding.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3944904)   #1417
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
More likely the opposite... I cant see they would do this without confidence that their were plenty of 'manufacturers' coming to play.
Most probably one or more of them have said they will only come only that basis. Its a shame and I don't agree, but I think there must be some substance behind it.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3944924)   #1418
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They will just get OEM engine and slap it's stickers to the car. Like "Nissan DPi"

Or call TVR's rebranding services as they're done now with Rebellion
Old 5 Dec 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3944988)   #1419
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They will just get OEM engine and slap it's stickers to the car. Like "Nissan DPi"

Or call TVR's rebranding services as they're done now with Rebellion
It sounds like that might be all that is necessary. Use the engine from a manufacturer, and then get them to sign a piece of paper saying that is ok.

DSC has updated their original story with much more information:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/1...ive-brand.html
Old 8 Dec 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3945630)   #1420
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

You don't need to tell me that sometimes we would rather battle a demon from Hell than grapple with the bureaucracy of man, but Mr Kolles has the ability to overcome ACO bureaucracies. If they don't let them race as ByKolles, I'm convinced that we will see the first DAC, or Astra or Compania Industrială Griviţa racing at Le Mans.
Old 8 Dec 2019, 23:12 (Ref:3945633)   #1421
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Further update on DSC tomorrow - ByKolles have nothing to fear from the ruleset announced this week
Old 9 Dec 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3945779)   #1422
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Further update on DSC tomorrow - ByKolles have nothing to fear from the ruleset announced this week
Thanks, Graham.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/1...gulations.html
Old 9 May 2020, 03:20 (Ref:3975170)   #1423
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ByKolles Hypercar

https://www.diariomotor.com/competic...rcar-wec-2021/
Old 9 May 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3975208)   #1424
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see the artist had the highlighter pen out again.
Old 9 May 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3975209)   #1425
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe I'm missing something.... shouldn't be only OEM manufacturers allowed to produce LMH? as far I know kolles isn't... unless to be branded again as lotus.