Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Will Bridgestone teams do well in Malaysia?
yes 19 52.78%
no 5 13.89%
maybe yes 8 22.22%
maybe not 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Mar 2004, 19:12 (Ref:902260)   #1
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bridgestone v high track temps

Will Bridgestone have an answer for Michelin in Malaysia?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 19:16 (Ref:902268)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Um, where's the 'Hopefully not' option?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 20:27 (Ref:902354)   #3
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can think of one, in particular, that will...
Old 11 Mar 2004, 20:38 (Ref:902368)   #4
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People you are failing to take into account a couple of points.
Ferrari where so far ahead of everyone else they could have put the tyres from car on and still won.
Overall both B/Stone and Michelin suffered at the AGP.When it was hot on friday and saturday B/stone suffered and on race day Michelin suffered.Both companies have said they got it wrong.Your not hearing the B/Stone comments because they won.As the boss of B/Stone racing has stated if it wasn't for Ferrari it would have been a disaster.

The Grumpy1
P.S.Darn Ferraris
Old 11 Mar 2004, 20:51 (Ref:902385)   #5
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i say they(bridgestone) and ferrari will do well in every race just to make myself happy..
Old 11 Mar 2004, 21:23 (Ref:902429)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd imagine Bridgestone have improved.....but I can't really guess by how much. And Michelin willn have made a step forward still, I'd imagine.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 22:31 (Ref:902501)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
IMO, 2 things are a certainty this year. Bridgestone will be better in the heat, and Michelin will be better in the rain.

These 2 companies are pro's and there is alot on the line. Neither is short on resources and will be pushing all the way.

BS were basically caught off guard last season. The F12002 was so dominant that it flattered them, and allowed the french rubber to catch up.

2003 was a wake up call, and I for one was impressed at the fightback after Hungary last season. They've had all winter now, so dont expect the gap to be as large.

Same for the wet tyres, Michelin were killed in the rain last year, and you can be sure they will have, and will continue, to address that problem.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 16:29 (Ref:903433)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, but Michelin have been killed in the rain since 2001 and has anything happened? Their philosophy is very much to keep improving ther dry tyres, primarily for hot conditions.

I don't doubt they've improved wet weather performance......but I can't see a big improvement, like Bridgestone have made in the dry.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 16:38 (Ref:903446)   #9
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

2003 was a wake up call, and I for one was impressed at the fightback after Hungary last season. They've had all winter now, so dont expect the gap to be as large.
That had nothing to do with Ferrari persuading the FIA that Michelins tyres were illegal Even though they had no problem with that tyre profile being used over two years previously.

I'll shut up now to avoid being accused of being bitter and holding a grudge!
Old 12 Mar 2004, 23:12 (Ref:903874)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
Too late
Old 13 Mar 2004, 00:29 (Ref:903957)   #11
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
word has that Bridgestone has already selected the tyre for Malaysia and Michelin are having a get together next Wed for a chin wag - wonder what that's about
Old 13 Mar 2004, 14:58 (Ref:904430)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

About tyres presumably.......
Old 14 Mar 2004, 07:20 (Ref:904835)   #13
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with nearly all Wrex says.
I've been saying again and again that Oz was mostly because of the cool race conditions but there is no doubt that bridgestons are well on it.....
Not good if one is allergic to seeing red
Old 14 Mar 2004, 08:47 (Ref:904855)   #14
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can always hope that Michelin will be faster then Bridgestone, but i dont think it will happen.

Michelin will be closer, but BS will still be quicker.

Ferrari will be extremely strong still.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 11:43 (Ref:905001)   #15
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR switching to Michelin- could that have helped Ferrari, by not having to disseminate data from anyone else but themselves and get a handle on what they want for themselves?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 15 Mar 2004, 00:17 (Ref:905419)   #16
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
That had nothing to do with Ferrari persuading the FIA that Michelins tyres were illegal Even though they had no problem with that tyre profile being used over two years previously.

I'm afraid that the "Kimi was robbed of the 2003 title" days are now over
Old 15 Mar 2004, 11:04 (Ref:905736)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO the heat you can have in Malaysia cannot be compared with what you find in the hot mid-european summer.
At Sepang many violent showers are likely to happen, therefore the "heat" variable is gonna be combined with the "wet" one.
This should, considering the typical strenghts and weaknesses of either tyre, bring to a substancial equilibrium.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 11:45 (Ref:906918)   #18
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Michelin admit Malaysia concerns

Hopes of a swift end to Ferrari's domination of Formula One look remote after tyre supplier Michelin admitted they face a difficult time in Malaysia.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 18:47 (Ref:908429)   #19
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael and Rubens think their Bridgestones are up to the challenge of the heat.

Someone said there may be rain. If that is the case, ADVANTAGE BRIDGESTONE!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 18:59 (Ref:908446)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

*breaks down in tears*
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:03 (Ref:908454)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Will Bridgestone teams do well in Malaysia?
One of them will.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:13 (Ref:908471)   #22
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think Head said today that Ferrari are more than just a tyre
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:32 (Ref:908486)   #23
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet ferrari and bridgestone have been working flat out to sort out the problems they had last year with high temps. With all the talk coming out of ferrari it looks like there tyre problems last year could be turned into an advantsge this year. 2 tyre makes in f1 dont ya love it..........not!