Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jan 2001, 21:44 (Ref:58688)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

From BMW Autosport:

Quote:
A Grand Prix of Beirut could be on the Formula 1 World Championship calendar as early as 2002, following talks between F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone and the Lebanese prime minister.

Speaking in the Sunday Times, Ecclestone said: "There are quite a few countries we want in to. There is a good chance of a Grand Prix in the Middle East. It is nice – a new place for sponsors to come from, and nice for people to go to. New markets are opening up. During this year we will sort something out."
So, in light of this, which current venue will be dropped, and why?

I know we've done a Fantasy calender before, but this looks to be on the cards, so here it is again...
Old 15 Jan 2001, 21:58 (Ref:58695)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt Beirut will get a race. In the last year, New Zealand, China, Russia, Dubai and a whole host of other places have been 'getting' races.

If Beirut does get on the calendar, I hope the get rid of the horrible Hungary track. I ask, does anyone actually like the place?
Old 16 Jan 2001, 01:36 (Ref:58743)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think this is a lot of political swashbuckling against those who forbid tobacco adverts. The one to be axed may not necessarily be a bad track - only the one that causes Bernie to lose most money through the ban on tobacco adverts.
Old 16 Jan 2001, 02:51 (Ref:58755)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungary or Spain will go.

But there will be no middle eastern race because it's too dangerous and the baksheesh would be too high for Bernie's tastes. And just let one shoulder-fired missile enter the paddock, and they are all over the place over there, and Bernie will find his considerable fortune going to fly in lawyers from Florida.....