Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2016, 10:16 (Ref:3649329)   #76
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
All GTLMs used WEC spec Michelins at Laguna, IIRC.
Yeah thats right, i remember BMW were moaning they hadn't been able to test them before the weekend.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3649489)   #77
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Corvette’s Magnussen accuses Ford of sandbagging to gain performance.

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...rmance-782033/
Old 13 Jun 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3649501)   #78
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't there a rule where the ACO could handle a long stop&go (or something) during the final hours of the race if the performance for the GTE model in question substantially exceeded the previously shown capability - ie dishonesty? IIRC even last year during the race one of the teams was saying it could happen and that they were waiting for it.

But of course it's more likely just cheap scare tactic, and also it's in the interest of ACO/FIA to have Ford winning it no matter what. It's all politically corrupt.

Anyway, that's what you get with your new ideology Vincent.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3650017)   #79
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Wasn't there a rule where the ACO could handle a long stop&go (or something) during the final hours of the race if the performance for the GTE model in question substantially exceeded the previously shown capability - ie dishonesty? IIRC even last year during the race one of the teams was saying it could happen and that they were waiting for it.

But of course it's more likely just cheap scare tactic, and also it's in the interest of ACO/FIA to have Ford winning it no matter what. It's all politically corrupt.

Anyway, that's what you get with your new ideology Vincent.
Everyone knows that Ford is sandbagging, but, one needs to be careful when trying to play innocent..Corvette know how to play the game just as well.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Jun 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3650072)   #80
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3650295)   #81
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
One thing I like about the field this year is that each make can be identified by a color:

Ferrari = red
Ford = blue
Porsche = white
Corvette = yellow
Aston Martin = green
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3650302)   #82
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
One thing I like about the field this year is that each make can be identified by a color:

Ferrari = red
Ford = blue
Porsche = white
Corvette = yellow
Aston Martin = green
are the aston's green this year? what happened with gulf?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3650312)   #83
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
are the aston's green this year? what happened with gulf?
Yeah Gulf is not there anymore. They are back to the green of the GT1 cars in the late 2000's. They look like to be trailing the GTE Pro field though. I don't expect them to contend for victory this year.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 00:00 (Ref:3650318)   #84
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah Gulf is not there anymore. They are back to the green of the GT1 cars in the late 2000's. They look like to be trailing the GTE Pro field though. I don't expect them to contend for victory this year.
we never know what could happen in a 24h race!!!
Old 16 Jun 2016, 02:25 (Ref:3650341)   #85
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
3:51-52?

LOL right.

They could've been running with anything in that Road America test, 1150kg weight and no air restrictors and empty tanks and illegal parts. Also did you see the time, or clocked it yourself?
Remeber this?

I knew I wasn't going to be that wrong based on what I saw, and the times I picked up.

(FWIW, I'm just having a bit of fun, no harm meant)
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 16 Jun 2016, 03:02 (Ref:3650344)   #86
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They are back to the green of the GT1 cars in the late 2000's.
The exception being the #99 Beechdean Aston in GTE Am, which has a white and blue livery.

- Jeff
Old 16 Jun 2016, 03:22 (Ref:3650346)   #87
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post
The exception being the #99 Beechdean Aston in GTE Am, which has a white and blue livery.

- Jeff
Which isn't part of the facotry efforts.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 05:42 (Ref:3650365)   #88
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nicely manipulated by the ACO. The script says Ford vs. Ferrari and that's what we will get.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 05:50 (Ref:3650366)   #89
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Nicely manipulated by the ACO. The script says Ford vs. Ferrari and that's what we will get.
Yeah, its not like we didnt see it coming...

However, they have clearly overdone it with the laughable BoP changes of late.

Ford 3.51.1
Ferrari 3.51.5

Fastest non Ford and Ferrari is Porsche in 8th with a 3.54.9!!!

Lets just hope that racepace will see a much tighter feild, else I fear a lot of the interest in the class will be gone.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 06:03 (Ref:3650368)   #90
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
According to Hindy on RLM, they can do another bop adjustment before the race. If that's the case, I betcha Corvette and the others get a nice little boost. I think everyone has time in hand so they can counter or take advantage of any bop. That's what I think Ford did. They had some pace in hand and when they got the new bop, they released that withheld pace and then some extra from (or at least to appear to be from) their new bop spec.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 08:05 (Ref:3650389)   #91
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, wonderful ! We have three Ferrari and three Ford in the top six by miracle, as if everything has been done to remake a Ford vs. Ferrari battle. No, just brand new cars and new turbo engines. I think that the BoP should have not been changed after de Test Day.
And the better times are the results of the new 2016 rules, more aero, +30 hp.

Last edited by PascaLM; 16 Jun 2016 at 08:22.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3650399)   #92
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
According to Hindy on RLM, they can do another bop adjustment before the race. If that's the case, I betcha Corvette and the others get a nice little boost. I think everyone has time in hand so they can counter or take advantage of any bop. That's what I think Ford did. They had some pace in hand and when they got the new bop, they released that withheld pace and then some extra from (or at least to appear to be from) their new bop spec.
There is no limit as to when, or how many, BoP adjustments are made.

L.P.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3650415)   #93
rubberduck
Rookie

Germany
Nordschleife - related
rubberduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then go for it or name it Inbalance of Performance
Old 16 Jun 2016, 11:16 (Ref:3650435)   #94
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am just listening to RLM pitlane walk about there some strong view's on the BOP coming from David Heinemeier Hansson.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3650438)   #95
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It’s just like in horse racing were you lay a horse out for a big handicap; a few runs without winning, get a low weight – turn up and win the big race. Everyone knows it goes on, but unless its really obvious, you can’t stop it.

However, its been obvious that Ford are only concerned about 1 race; Le Mans. They were sandbagging. That’s the fault of the ACO for being taken in. But it suits them if Ford win the GT class….

Maybe if Corvette did the whole WEC they might get better treatment?

I personally, think there should be only 1 BoP update - and that it before the season. Changing it constantly is basically changing the rules...The ACO have messed up - they should just hold their hands up and admit it. I don't like the idea of changing BoP just before the race, after qualifying...
Old 16 Jun 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3650506)   #96
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
I don't like the idea of changing BoP just before the race, after qualifying...
Why not, it seems likely that is when you can gauge the performance of all cars at their best?

Also the threat of a penalty for a substantial difference in performance from test to race doesn't seem to be doing the job, why not apply it now when it counts before the actual race?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 15:17 (Ref:3650508)   #97
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Remeber this?

I knew I wasn't going to be that wrong based on what I saw, and the times I picked up.

(FWIW, I'm just having a bit of fun, no harm meant)
I underestimated the laughability of this class
Old 16 Jun 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3650533)   #98
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why is IMSA so much better at GTE BoP than the ACO? I feel like IMSA always has it within a second regardless of the track.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3650544)   #99
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Why is IMSA so much better at GTE BoP than the ACO? I feel like IMSA always has it within a second regardless of the track.
Because none of their events have the significance of Le Mans...

Ford played this game perfectly.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3650551)   #100
Deleted
Veteran

It would have been "perfect game" had they waited til race to let loose the sandbags, now they can still receive BoP penalties prior Saturday. Per the brave new world of non consistency regs...

If the politics/$$$ interests of the other four parties overpower those of Ford to ACO/FIA that is...