Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:28 (Ref:3830669)   #1251
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I am not convinced Toyota prefer the 8 car to win. If I were Toyota I'd rather have the 7 win it.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:28 (Ref:3830670)   #1252
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Can Eurosport please get back to the race, I don’t really want to watch Kristensen blabber on for 20mins.
that has been annoying all day.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:30 (Ref:3830671)   #1253
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I am not convinced Toyota prefer the 8 car to win. If I were Toyota I'd rather have the 7 win it.
This way Alonso was SURE to come back next year
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3830672)   #1254
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
which to be honest, the grid will look pretty similar next le mans in P1 (hopefully) so unless the privateer cars find some massive gains in speed it will be a similar parade at the front of the grid.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3830673)   #1255
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Probably. But then again, if I were Toyota and we win 2018, then having Alonso in 2019 or not doesn't really bother me.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3830674)   #1256
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#81 BMW with an issue.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3830675)   #1257
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
81: "Something wrong with the car. Front left"
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3830676)   #1258
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did they just say the BMW has a puncture or something?
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3830677)   #1259
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
81 BMW!
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:34 (Ref:3830678)   #1260
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Probably. But then again, if I were Toyota and we win 2018, then having Alonso in 2019 or not doesn't really bother me.
You, maybe, but Toyota's marketing people are probably salivating with the possibilities. Although, toobeefair, Alonso already said he would do the whole "double season" in any case.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3830679)   #1261
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could be damper issue like the 82 car.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3830680)   #1262
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#81 into the garage.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3830681)   #1263
Articus
Veteran

So now the Toyotas are taking risk.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3830682)   #1264
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
You, maybe, but Toyota's marketing people are probably salivating with the possibilities. Although, toobeefair, Alonso already said he would do the whole "double season" in any case.
It depends what you want the paper headlines to be.

If #8 wins, it will be: Alonso wins Le Mans
If it is #7, then "Toyota finally masters Le Mans"

Mind you, *I* prefer Alonso to win, I'm just not convinced Toyota really do.

--

EDIT: just heard it was 29 seconds indead... not 59
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:39 (Ref:3830683)   #1265
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Just wait until I show you our car. Spoiler alert: It has no headlights.
That sounds dangerous but I just clean 'em.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3830684)   #1266
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
can you also do the headlight restoration thing to get the fog out of my lens covers?
Done it many times but no kit for me, I do it properly.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:42 (Ref:3830686)   #1267
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we expecting Sam Collins or Jim Roller on RLM?
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:43 (Ref:3830687)   #1268
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
So now the Toyotas are taking risk.
Are they? Doing 3:23's atm, don't really seem risky to me
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:45 (Ref:3830688)   #1269
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
No Sam Collins, he's not there this year.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:45 (Ref:3830689)   #1270
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Roller retired at the end of PLM last year.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:46 (Ref:3830690)   #1271
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#6 seems to be dead at track.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:46 (Ref:3830691)   #1272
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sam's on his councillor (?) duties or similar, so he has had to miss LM this year.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3830692)   #1273
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
6 pushed behind the barriers
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:48 (Ref:3830693)   #1274
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Roller retired at the end of PLM last year.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 22:48 (Ref:3830694)   #1275
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Done it many times but no kit for me, I do it properly.
Replace the piece? I replace the whole headlight assembly a couple times on my old car, it only cost 10 bucks more than bulbs!