Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 6 Sep 2002, 23:54 (Ref:374964)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dario

Dario franchitti's options are sliming for next year. looks like Junqueria is on his way to Newman Haas so his only options for next year look to be Rahal or Forsythe unless he takes a pay cut.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 00:12 (Ref:374970)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forsythe has already got three drivers, if you disregard the silly stories saying Jacques may yet come home ... which driver will Rahal can to make a space for Dario? If he gives Jimmy the push, there goes the last American.

Mr. Judd's in-laws have been pressuring him to quit racing. This may be the time -- at least for now -- unless he wants to go drive in circles.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 00:16 (Ref:374971)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quit racing???
Old 7 Sep 2002, 00:51 (Ref:374991)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I don't think Dario will quit racing just yet, but I also don't think he'll go the IRL. It will be CART or nothing I reckon.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 09:16 (Ref:375140)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I can foresee him driving for Mario/Haas, or Barry Green if the rumour about he and PacWest turns out to be true. Or what about St.George? Possible second seats opening up at Patrick, Walker or Herdez. Hopefully he stays in the series, IMO he's one of the most talented drivers.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 09:51 (Ref:375153)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon he's a chance in a Newman Haas car (possibly Mario's) or Barry Green. But, if either want him, they're going to have to move quick, as Honda are offering him $$$$$$$$.
Old 14 Sep 2002, 19:08 (Ref:380275)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team St. George are probs running 1 car next year, with a possibillty of a second car, but surely another English driver would be thier preference?
Old 14 Sep 2002, 19:45 (Ref:380287)   #8
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dario's a Scot, though. Not English, but British... Maybe that's enough? Certainly seemed to have a lot of local support today.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 20:30 (Ref:380945)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team St Andrew?
Old 16 Sep 2002, 06:11 (Ref:381248)   #10
Bizzo5000
Racer

Bizzo5000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robin Miller over at ESPN.com is reporting that Dario already is signed to go to the IRL with Andreti's new team.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 15:08 (Ref:381628)   #11
Barbarosa
Rookie

Barbarosa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
Dario's a Scot, though. Not English, but British... Maybe that's enough? Certainly seemed to have a lot of local support today.
I'd be real careful about saying that to any self-respecting Scot's face. It would have about the same reaction as calling an Irishman English... or even Scotish...

By the way, chances are good that if Andretti is leaving one car in CART as rumor suggests, then Dario will get that ride. Else, if Barry Green and Molson finish their deal, he'll probably get that one. Either way, Dario's more likely to have a CART ride next year than IRL.

B

Last edited by Barbarosa; 16 Sep 2002 at 15:10.
Old 18 Sep 2002, 15:45 (Ref:383519)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbarosa

I'd be real careful about saying that to any self-respecting Scot's face. It would have about the same reaction as calling an Irishman English... or even Scotish...
im scottish, and i wouldnt have minded to see him in Team St. George.