Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Dec 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1783059)   #26
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I think Jochen Rindt was on something like $50,000 a year his last year with Lotus.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1783253)   #27
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since when the tobacco sponsorship is banned? I can understant that advertising is, but sponsorship?
Old 6 Dec 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1783282)   #28
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Phillip Morris (who own Marlboro) have a contract with Ferrari that runs till 2011.
Instead of running ad on the cars, they call the team Marlboro S. F.
Old 6 Dec 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1783297)   #29
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
However this is not why they get paid that amount though. It isn't like deep sea diving. If they didn't pay anything people would still race these cars.

yeah, sorry about that, i did forget to mention that they do get paid to endanger themselves, but they are all passionate about it, and wald certainly race even without the $$$. (that would really demonstrate their passion!)
Old 6 Dec 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1783447)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Phillip Morris (who own Marlboro) have a contract with Ferrari that runs till 2011.
Indeed,and what they do is they sell space on the car to other companies,which gets around the tobacco ban.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1783914)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Indeed,and what they do is they sell space on the car to other companies,which gets around the tobacco ban.
And that can be very profitable...
Old 7 Dec 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1783991)   #32
Red Emperor
Rookie

Red Emperor has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse
According to F1-live.com Raikkonen will be earning around 1 mil USD per week in 2007, and Alonso will make 35 mil in same year.

I've read the article several times, and it sounds as all that is their wage. Is that possible??? I mean, TGF's 34 $ mil/year was sensation when he came to Ferrari, and compared to this, it's nothing special now.

I know these guys make a lot, but top athletes in other sports are making 3 to 5 time less???
The Red Baron make much more than that.
Just go and watch Forbes or Fortune list. It`s 80 millions per year and they probably are conservative with estimatives with his merchandizing (he sel more than 1 million caps per year...), Add to that Omega, LÒreal, Puma, Shell, DVAG, Merchandizing, ferrari, Marlboro, etc...
Schumacher just made a deal with german ATU (or AT&T) for a sponsor contract worth 8 million euros per year.
Let`s for Forbes list
I think that Schumacher will still make more money in 2007 than Kimi and Alonso.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1784018)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Emperor
The Red Baron make much more than that.
Just go and watch Forbes or Fortune list. It`s 80 millions per year and they probably are conservative with estimatives with his merchandizing (he sel more than 1 million caps per year...), Add to that Omega, LÒreal, Puma, Shell, DVAG, Merchandizing, ferrari, Marlboro, etc...
Schumacher just made a deal with german ATU (or AT&T) for a sponsor contract worth 8 million euros per year.
Let`s for Forbes list
I think that Schumacher will still make more money in 2007 than Kimi and Alonso.
At least in the next 10 years...
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1784094)   #34
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll try again - I'm talking about salaries here, not personal sponsorships and stuff.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1784105)   #35
Red Emperor
Rookie

Quote:
I'll try again - I'm talking about salaries here, not personal sponsorships and stuff.
I will try again.
No way that kimi has a salary of 52 millions. i doubt that even with personal sponsors he or alonso won`t come close to that.
The news when Ferrari sign Kimi was 45 millions for 3 years /15 millions a year) and alonso is 20 millions per year. You can check that.
Of course every internet site can put what they want. There are sites that say that michael makes 105 millions a year...
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1784106)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done for trying, however the problem is that there is no clear definition of what is a salary or personal sponsorship and certainly "stuff" is a grey area. When a driver signs for a team then he considered all aspects together. One deal might be £20m that comes from involvement with a sponsor and £5m straight from the team. Another deal may be £15m straight from the team with the opportunity to make £5m in performance related bonus and £5m from wearing a certain watch. etc. etc.

It is impossible to separate it. Even the salary that comes straight from the team has ultimately come from sponsors who require a repayment in both results and appearences.

In addition is is irrelevant (to us).
Old 7 Dec 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1784107)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
If it's like around here, in paper is always the minimal.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1784468)   #38
locco
Rookie

locco has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This Article is from businessF1 magazine, about shumi's retiring and alonso's and kimi's sighning there are some figures in them for the deals those guys made and had.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1784493)   #39
Red Emperor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by locco
This Article is from businessF1 magazine, about shumi's retiring and alonso's and kimi's sighning there are some figures in them for the deals those guys made and had.
Thanks.
But this magazine isn´t trustful. They have several law trial because they make lies.
I don´t waste my time with them. Half of what they write is a lie.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1784502)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Careful Red Emperer, comments like that may get you sued
Old 8 Dec 2006, 00:12 (Ref:1784571)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Half of what they write is a lie.
Only half!
Old 8 Dec 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1785046)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Only half!
And the other half are rumours...
Old 8 Dec 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1785189)   #43
locco
Rookie

locco has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Thanks.
But this magazine isn´t trustful. They have several law trial because they make lies.
I don´t waste my time with them. Half of what they write is a lie.
thanks for letting me know, I didn't know that.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1785715)   #44
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Kart
thbut there are very fre as dangerous as proppelling oneself at speeds around 400km/hr. yes it is a passion for the guys, but they do deserve/need a level of renumberation for the dangers they face
They are F1 drivers not IRL Indycar drivers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tilke dromes have acres of run off, ovals do not. F1 do not reach 400 clicks, IRL Indycars (also known as "Crapwagons" by Champcar supporters) do.

$1 m a week does seem VERY excessive, but it's what the markets wants to pay, on the other hand they could have signed Kubica for $200,000 a year back in Jan 2006 and you never know what he could do with a Ferrari... but they have made their choice in a "top" driver, it's their funds after all.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1785718)   #45
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
In addition is is irrelevant (to us).
No it's not.

Ford Racing's desires to slash budget by employing young not-big name and therefore cheap drivers in the Webber/Pizzionia and Martin/Duval pairings directly impacted on the level of interest in the sport for Irvine supporters and McRae supporters.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1785761)   #46
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
No it's not.

Ford Racing's desires to slash budget by employing young not-big name and therefore cheap drivers in the Webber/Pizzionia and Martin/Duval pairings directly impacted on the level of interest in the sport for Irvine supporters and McRae supporters.
I think the comment regarding the irrelevance of salary levels referred to what the salary compromised of. Therefore if a driver were to sign for, say, Ferrari, the notable thing is the amount they are paid from the team. The fact that only a small amount is for driving the car, whilst the majority is from being nice to sponsors or being seen using a certain product makes little difference to the final outcome.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1785870)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I think the comment regarding the irrelevance of salary levels referred to what the salary compromised of.
Correctomundo!

However I feel that what money gets to their pockets isn't directly relevant to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
No it's not.

Off topic: I think the lost fans of Irvine have been made up for by the Webber fans!

If you want to go specific here it is interestingly complicated though. For instance sometimes teams get more cash if they have a name. Jordan and Damon was one of those, and ultimately it made it so hard for him to walk away at the end.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Dec 2006 at 14:50.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 02:34 (Ref:1786200)   #48
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I wouldn't get out of bed for that

Especially if I'm not alone in bed...
Old 11 Dec 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1788030)   #49
Red Emperor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by locco
thanks for letting me know, I didn't know that.
Welcome.